Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Jan 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Nice to see blues skies and sunshine again and this sounds like a much brighter day. Great food as well.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
At least it stopped raining for a little while, even if the sun didn't really want to come out. Lots of wonderful photos today. I really enjoyed all the beaches, I'm also not a lover of sand, I can admire your photos from afar and not worry about getting sand in any unwanted places.
We did make it to the beach a bit later on the trip I’m still finding sand in some shoes even now The weather was so mixed this first week.

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Nice to see blues skies and sunshine again and this sounds like a much brighter day. Great food as well.
It was glorious at Tybee and it definitely makes a difference. And today was totally a Good food day
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Ha ha, yes we had a Finnbar Saunders fnaar fnaar moment with the menu. I couldn’t bring myself to actually order the Great Big Fannie ... even though it looked fab

Hampton is usually pretty decent mid price. The one in Memphis was very similar.

I did like Jekyll and Tybee. I would go back to both. Hilton Head... not so much.

I spend these trips frantically snapping road signs ( it’s the cause of a lot of angst and me Invariably requesting we go a bit slower ) and it’s so annoying when one disappoints . Florida has been the most impressive so far

Yeah that ship is still there. Apparently it was on fire just recently as they are trying to dismantle it. It wa said that it was full of cars and listed over. Absolute nightmare for the marine environment

Poutine : chips and gravy :
Great Big Fannie

I've found a Hampton Inn for us to stay. Decided to end the holiday with a night in Crystal River so we can potentially see the manatees, not the cheapest hotel but the cinnamon waffles swayed my decision

HHI is the only place Jim has requested we go to this holiday because of the golf so there's no budging him on that one. Hoping as we'll be there for a few days we can explore. I'm still undecided on whether to tack on a few nights on St Simon's Island beforehand. Decisions decisions!

I can't believe that ship is still there, like you say a nightmare for the marine environment

Ah chips and gravy... Sounds gross but might try it!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Thank goodness for a better day. Driftwood beach looks really interesting, beautiful too.

Not such a stressful drive either, although Andy must be finding it tough with his cold in full force.

Tybee looks quirky, and another next wooden beach walkway.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Great Big Fannie

I've found a Hampton Inn for us to stay. Decided to end the holiday with a night in Crystal River so we can potentially see the manatees, not the cheapest hotel but the cinnamon waffles swayed my decision

HHI is the only place Jim has requested we go to this holiday because of the golf so there's no budging him on that one. Hoping as we'll be there for a few days we can explore. I'm still undecided on whether to tack on a few nights on St Simon's Island beforehand. Decisions decisions!

I can't believe that ship is still there, like you say a nightmare for the marine environment

Ah chips and gravy... Sounds gross but might try it!
We liked the Hampton in Memphis. Very mid range but the unlimited free coffee, breakfast and included parking makes them a good deal usually

I think HHI is probably better if you are biking or golfing. It’s very geared for that so I would hope you have a great stay. We barely touched the surface really on the island and St Simons looks nice too.

Ha ha chips and gravy. You haven’t lived ! Staple food in our house
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Thank goodness for a better day. Driftwood beach looks really interesting, beautiful too.

Not such a stressful drive either, although Andy must be finding it tough with his cold in full force.

Tybee looks quirky, and another next wooden beach walkway.
This was a lovely day. Driftwood was such a different place and I did like Jekyll. It had a charm about it. Tybee reminded me of traditional South Coast seaside towns and that was also charming. I really did like today
Old 15 Feb 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great day.

Driftwood Beach was lovely. Very like Beer Can Island at Anna Maria Island which we loved. Tybee pretty too.

I could not have ordered that cocktail. I don't think I could say that name out loud. Especially in my broad Glasgow accent!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Great day.

Driftwood Beach was lovely. Very like Beer Can Island at Anna Maria Island which we loved. Tybee pretty too.

I could not have ordered that cocktail. I don't think I could say that name out loud. Especially in my broad Glasgow accent!
Ha ha it’s a hoot isn’t it. It’s funny you should mention accents. We hardly heard any British accents anywhere except the couple in Savannah and then Orlando.

Sadly we didn’t see the best of AMI at all this trip Maybe another time ...