Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Jan 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

No you get early entry at all Universal hotels. Cabana Bay has it's own entrance to Volcano Bay so you don't need to get a bus.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
rosetom
slightly serious Dibber

rosetom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
No you get early entry at all Universal hotels. Cabana Bay has it's own entrance to Volcano Bay so you don't need to get a bus.
Just a thought if you visit CB to take a tour of the resort could you use the VB entrance
rosetom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Aventura is literally 20 steps from the security of VB from the back of Aventura pool.

Above photo was taken from Aventura food court - thatched huts are security, you then go through a tunnel and you are in.

Edited at 10:45 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Mobile

VB is a great waterpark with some great slides. One thing I prefer about the Disney waterparks though is that they are almost like being on an island, especially TL - you get that vibe and when you're high you see lots of trees an foliage. With VB you go a flight up and you see (and hear in some parts) the I4 so it's not as pretty or imersive imo.
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hornet1976 View Post
VB is a great waterpark with some great slides. One thing I prefer about the Disney waterparks though is that they are almost like being on an island, especially TL - you get that vibe and when you're high you see lots of trees an foliage. With VB you go a flight up and you see (and hear in some parts) the I4 so it's not as pretty or imersive imo.
They have all got their strengths and weaknesses. My lads loved both VB and Aquatica but your spot on in respect to the immersion you get at Disney. VB felt so immersive at ground level and then then whilst I was queuing for one of the slides in the far left corner, all you can hear and see is the I4 it took a bit off for me.

Still though in Krakatoa the best water ride at any park... so much fun!
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Funny I found the immersion and theming to be drastically superior at VB, although I get what you are saying re the land- Universal just don’t have the same landmass.
But I was very surprised. The island theme I thought was way ahead and we all thought it was the most heavily themed waterpark there is. I thought it outdid Disney in every respect. I wasn’t expecting it to be nearly as good as it is, but I thought it made Disney waterparks look the age they are. And I prefer Disney theme parks to Universal theme parks, although they are both good.
Since we went to VB we are not bothered to go to Disney waterparks anymore. They even removed (it was said because it was expensive to run) the bit where you snorkeled with the fish which was really the only unique bit they had. The Misadventure Falls they put in is pretty forgettable. The Disney waterparks need a huge overhaul to compete. They have two and so should close one down and do a significant redevelopment.

Edited at 08:24 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rosetom View Post
Just a thought if you visit CB to take a tour of the resort could you use the VB entrance
No
Security checks room keys at that checkpoint
No CBBR Key, no entry
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
With a 4 year old we found Disney better- At Volcano bay he could only do the slides in the kids area. My 7 year old was too tall for in kids area and they would not let her on any slides but larger ones scared her. The kids area at volcano bay is great though as long as someone doesn't mind staying with the 4 year old while other go off to do the slides its great. Volcano bay has some amazing slides and the early opening is brilliant.

Personally we do both but at Disney we could all ride some slides together- the family raft at TL was brilliant. Again they were strict on the height both too tall and too small- kids area was good but not as good as VB.

for both we took towels from the pool the day before.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
RPR/HRH/PB will run a bus for early opening at VB- they can get busy though so plan to get there early
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List