Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jan 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Mobile Most recommended days

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Planning what days to go to the parks with the busy day guide. So obviously we pick the most recommended for that day.

But surely that's everyone else's plan and therefore that day would surely then become the busiest day?
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Your logic is spot on.

I plan my park days and times according to how i want to spend my holiday.

Disney332
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

I don’t take any notice of busy day guides. I take note of when EMH are taking place but mainly to consider when booking any breakfast or dinner ADRs rather than to actually use them. I pick my days largely at random and have a reasonable degree of alternating the parks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

The logic is that the percentage of people who use the busy day guide is so low it doesn’t affect it - happy planning have fun
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I tend to use the busy days guide, am I the only one?
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

I reckon the vast majority of guests don't use busy days guides.
They go where and when they want and then complain when they come home about how busy WDW was!

Edited at 09:34 PM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
I tend to use the busy days guide, am I the only one?
Definitely not! I always use busy days guides to plan which parks to go to. In 20 + trips they’ve never let me down
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Simon & Suzann
Imagineer

Interesting to see some don't bother and some do with the Busy Guide. Can see that it is a small number who actually use it so wouldn't really influence a highlighted quiet day going to a busy day.
Simon & Suzann is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Simon & Suzann View Post
Interesting to see some don't bother and some do with the Busy Guide. Can see that it is a small number who actually use it so wouldn't really influence a highlighted quiet day going to a busy day.
I saw a post the other day and somebody said they always go to MK on a Saturday because it is recommended on busy day guide. Only reason it is recommended on a Saturday is because MK tends to have EMH on a Friday and the busy day guide always “promotes” the park that had EMH the night before. In reality they would have been better off going on a Tuesday rather than a Saturday based on many months of historical wait times.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Parkie
Getting Excited

Brits only make up about 1% of visitors, last I heard
Parkie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List