Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 22 Jan 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Steesh
New Poster (5)

Pratical Universal Studios Questions

I'll be flying out in May on my first holiday to Orlando with the family. I've purchased and received paper tickets for Universal Studios from Floridatix. These are 14 day 3 park tickets.
Tickets require each guest to print their name and sign. Printed on the ticket it says "guest countersignature is required for each visit together with photo id. Does this apply to small children? Is there a verification process on first entry?
I've also picked up that these tickets can be stored on the wallet of a smart phone by typing the barcode number into the Universal Studios app. Is this only for tickets purchased directly from the Universal Studios website?
Steesh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

any ticket can be added to the app.
We had paper tickets last year and i approached guest services and asked if they could issue the plastic ticket as i was concerned that the paper ones would get wet and be useless. They were able to do this for use, but did say some paper ones they can't
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve never had to provide ID or a signature at the turnstile at Universal that I can recall.
The ticket can be linked to the Universal app regardless of where it was bought.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

When you first use the tickets at the turnstile you have to provide your finger print, this is then used to check on each entry. A couple of times my eldest DS and my mums finger print didn’t work On entry so they were then asked for ID. We carried our driving licences with us which they were happy to accept.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’ve never had to provide ID or a signature at the turnstile at Universal that I can recall.
we have on quite a few occasions.
As the poster above noted, it happens mostly when the fingerprint does not register (and it happens to us a lot)

we also had a case of a trainee Team Member who insisted on seeing everyone's ID ... we noticed the thing, and promptly changed lanes as didn't carry ours...

when using the app, or a 14 days ticket TMs are supposed to check ID for first entry (until fingerprint is registered) but to be honest, very, very few of them ever do.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Steesh View Post
I'll be flying out in May on my first holiday to Orlando with the family. I've purchased and received paper tickets for Universal Studios from Floridatix. These are 14 day 3 park tickets.
By "paper tickets" do you mean thin cardboard tickets about the size of a credit card?
Or do you mean an email that's been printed out onto A4 paper?

Tickets require each guest to print their name and sign. Printed on the ticket it says "guest countersignature is required for each visit together with photo id. Does this apply to small children? Is there a verification process on first entry?
I've never been asked to countersign on each visit nor have I been asked to show photo ID at Universal. You scan your ticket, scan your fingerprint, and in you go. The only time you'll be asked to show ID is if there's an issue, either with the fingerprint scan or a problem with the ticket.

It does help to print each person's name on the tickets so that then you know which ticket belongs to which person. You can print your child's name on their ticket.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn88
Earning My Ears

I've never been asked for ID at either Universal Or Islands & I usually scan my ticket & finger then walk straight through.
My Sister on the other hand always has issues. Her fingerprint never scans correctly after day 1 due to the florida heat so she has been asked for ID & also to sign. If your fingers tend to swell in the heat I would make sure you have ID on you just in case, it will speed up things with the TM at the gate.
April / May 2023 and now 2024
Unicorn88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

I've also picked up that these tickets can be stored on the wallet of a smart phone by typing the barcode number into the Universal Studios app. Is this only for tickets purchased directly from the Universal Studios website?
Can't believe I've missed this trick! Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I've never been asked to countersign on each visit nor have I been asked to show photo ID at Universal.
not related, but maybe of use for others. At Legoland (so off topic re: universal here) with the 14 days tickets bought through ATD, we had to go to the booth, show ID and sign on each visit (before we became passholders)

that was quite a few years ago, but that's just a heads up for DIBBers who would want to visit legoland on multi day tickets (unless someone has more up to date info )

never has to countersign at Universal though
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Steesh
New Poster (5)

I have been sent the thin cardboard type about the size of a credit card.
Steesh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List