Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Jan 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Disney five do florida for the first time pre/travel day

Hey everyone my first attempt at a trip report please go easy on me, i'm writing a lot of this from memory, video footage and photo's as I kept forgetting to take notes, You seasoned trip report writers every credit its so hard.
we do have a youtube channel which will eventually have the videos up on if you want to take a look its just Thedisneyfive not sure if were allowed to post links here

Pre trip report is here

here goes

Pre travel/travel day

Pre travel day and travel day
Saturday 10th we were up early and at my hairdressers for 8:45 having our hair braided ready for our amazing 2 week adventure to start. I find with 4 females in the family much easier to braid it ,for the first few days anyway.

We packed up our last bits, put the fresh bedding on the beds, we put the fish feeders in the kids tanks and said a silent prayer they would still be alive when we got home ( spoiler alert they were ), quick tidy up and we set off for our premier in for the night in Glasgow.
The journey up was uneventful and took us about 3 hours , we live close to Blackpool but we literally saved thousands travelling from Glasgow that we didn’t mind the 3 hour drive. We did half each and we arrived in good time, we decided to have a wander round the little retail park to pass some time.
We had standard premier inn tea which was actually quite nice failing already on the food pics sorry. Early to bed for our long travel day tomorrow.

Sunday 11th

We woke up at 03:45 after a horrendous nights sleep, it was hot and noisy but we were so excited we didn’t care  out first flight was the 7am BA Glasgow to Gatwick and it was pretty uneventful straight up and down pretty much, we landed on time at 08:35 and had paid for premium security and the my lounge as a surprise for the kids. Premium security turned out to be a good idea as it was the day the strikes were on, we didn’t see too much of an effect though which was good. We told the kids we were off to Greggs for breakfast and then surprised them with the my lounge. They loved it in here and we could come and go if we wanted, we stayed and had breakfast and the kids had a play in the games room, it was all really lovely. Food choices were cereal, pancake station, pastries , fruit, lots of juices and alcohol , the usual tea and coffee it was all really lovely.

We went for a wander round duty free for the compulsory sunglasses try on and duty free purchases. I ended up just getting the new issay miyake. I was after a certain lipstick but they didn’t have it in stock.

We decided to wander back to the lounge for the last half hour and we really got lucky as they had started to put the lunch options out. This consisted of wedges, beans, chips and dips, pulled pork, pastries, pancakes, lovely little cakes, pop corn and the usual drinks. All really lovely again we all had a drink on the outside terrace which smelt lovely of jet fuel ( anyone else love that smell or am I weird) it was lovely to be outside though.

We boarded on time at 13:15 and began our exciting flight to Orlando , we had our first drinks service pretty much as soon as we sat down and within an hour the kids meals were served we did have to pre order the kids meals but they came before anyone else’s they had chicken nuggets and mash with sweetcorn kids said they were awful I tried them and they weren’t the best to be fair and I am not a fussy eater. D had opted for the gluten free meal again his was served before any other other adults meals and he had chicken, lentils and broccoli – he said it was nice. Mine was the usual plan food chicken potatoes and veg, bread roll, salad and a chocolate pudding it was actually really nice. Lots more drinks they were not stingy with the drinks at all and were told we could go to the galley for more whenever we wanted.

I was really fidgety so couldn’t get into my book or watch much but I did manage to watch isn’t it romantic which I enjoyed. I remember feeling so tired but I just couldn’t drop off to sleep. The kids didn’t sleep either but they were so well behaved and just watched movies or played games. We had packed dobble, cards and a few other mini board games which they loved.
4 hours to go we all got mini magnums which went down a treat
Passed the time playing with the kids playing seat swop a few times, enjoying the drink service I didn’t have any alcohol god knows why I love an alcoholic beverage on a flight me, D had tooth ache so he had a couple of whiskys. I just didn’t fancy it I think at this point I was really starting to flag. We then had the sandwich service which I thought was lovely cheese for the kids and chicken Caesar for the adults and banana bread. More drinks and it wasn’t long until we began our descent. We noticed the time to landing kept going up and the pilot made an announcement that we were being held waiting to land due to lightening in the area this seemed to take forever but it was only an extra half an hour.
Then onto the dreaded immigration, it was hot, it was busy but we got through in just under 2 hours I saw that as a result compared to other things I’ve read on here.
Due to being so late though the time we had estimated to get our car was a bit out so they had text to say our name had been taken off the board, there was a massive que at the desk so we thought we would chance it and go straight through to the garage. This paid off and the lady was able to just assign us another vehicle it wasn’t the one D wanted so he was a bit disappointed but it was the biggest they had left some sort of Kia sorry I’m not the best but it had a huge boot for our numerous suitcases. I filmed all around the car for any damage (thanks to dibbers for this tip)
It was extremely hot and rainy when we arrived and dark but we saw lots of fireworks whilst driving to Caribbean beach resort. We got there pretty easily with no dramas , we had forgot to put avoid tolls in the sat nav but luckily I had a bag of change which we used on the tolls. We arrived at Caribbean beach got the exact room we had requested Jamaica 4329 lovely big corner room which was brilliant and we went for a walk round and to buy our mugs, what happened next was me completely falling head over heels for this beautiful resort. I couldn’t believe that after years of talking about it and months of saving we were here we were finally actually here. It was a real pinch me moment.

We unpacked our things and all crashed into bed heads full of Disney dreams excited for the next two weeks.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23

Edited at 12:53 PM. Reason: title change
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
What a great start looking forward to reading along

Joan
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
What a great start looking forward to reading along

Joan
Ah thank you
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

What a fantastic day, the braids look lovely. Looking forward to reading along
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a fantastic day, the braids look lovely. Looking forward to reading along

thank you I think i'm getting the hang of it now
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 23 Jan 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love that feeling of the first night... so exciting... looking forward to following along 😊
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

A great start, thanks for sharing
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Thanks all i've written about ten days worth so far so getting the time to upload some hopefully this afternoon, Ive read so many other blogs over the years so its really lovely reading my own back but also very sad as its giving me the Disney blues.
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 24 Jan 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

A smooth couple of days. I would drive for 30 hours to save £000's let alone 3

Looking forward to following along.

You love the resort... getting the Disney blues writing your trip report... I already foresee a new countdown coming
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying your trip so far, I love seeing first timers reactions x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List