slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Disney Five do Florida for the first time Day 1

Pre trip report is here
Travel day is here

index is here
Day 1 magic kingdom

I was awake at 3:30 ( this would become a theme) so excited willing someone else to wake up, I laid there until 5am then I decided to get up and have a shower secretly hoping to wake someone ha ha. We were all up and out for 7am as we had a Be our guest reservation at 8am. We had a look at the little hammocks and took some early morning pics just beautiful

We jumped on the bus which was right at the back of our room, great location and we got into magic kingdom for 7:40. Walking round that corner and seeing the castle for the first time was one of the best moments of my life it just felt so surreal being there finally, we got some lovely shots with the castle before heading to our first stop of the day.

We headed to Be our guest and had our breakfast which was lovely and an excellent use of a quick service credit. I had the caramelised banana cronut and everyone else had feast a la gaston. The kids loved it in here the theming is just beautiful. There was method behind my early morning reservation and we left Be our guest at 8:50 and walked straight on to Seven dwarves mine train as we got off the que was huge around 70 mins already. Everyone was really impressed with my planning ( thanks fellow dibbers)

After this we managed to get on the tea cups, speedway and then our first fast pass for big thunder was due unfortunately it was down so we got a multiple experience pass, we decided to wait and see if we could use it later. We then did fast pass for pirates and fast pass for haunted mansion. After tapping in for this we logged onto MDE and got a fourth fast pass for jungle cruise later in the evening . Big thunder was still down so absolutely roasting at this point we used it on splash mountain. Loved this especially the drop.
We were flagging a bit so decided to head to sleepy hollow for a snack we settled for the strawberry and cream waffle. So delicious

At this point the park was hotter than the surface of the sun so we decided to leave and have a quick swim in the little pool next to our Room, it was lovely and quiet and the kids really enjoyed it, typically it did start to absolutely throw it down though still roasting the kids thought this was brilliant we literally had to drag them out the pool threatening them with death by lightning and all sorts. :P

Still raining we went to Walmart where we spent over 130 dollars on what can only be described as crap and tooth paste :P we did buy some cereals for the mornings though.

Back into magic kingdom and to our favourite Casey’s for tea we love it here in Disneyland Paris and it was so much better in Florida those hot dogs are just huge, I couldn’t eat all mine.

Onto jungle cruise for our fast pass we enjoyed this yes it was a bit cheesy but we still loved it, we managed to bag another fast pass for buzz, but we ended up cancelling it as we were all really flagging by this point It was around 9pm so we decide to head back to the resort for an earlyish night. I don’t think we did too bad for our first full day . We were asleep pretty quickly well I was as I accidently over dosed on melatonin ha ha knocked me clean out. ( another dibb recommendation)
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23

Edited at 04:39 PM. Reason: added pic
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

Nothing like that first trip of the holiday to Walmart 😳 when you come out having spent over $100 but with only a box of cereal and some cookies 🤣
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great first day you packed loads in! We also love BOG such a beautiful place to eat 😀
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Nothing like that first trip of the holiday to Walmart 😳 when you come out having spent over $100 but with only a box of cereal and some cookies 🤣
Ha ha I know American cereal is fab kids loved it,
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Great first day you packed loads in! We also love BOG such a beautiful place to eat 😀
It really is isn't it, and such good use of the dining plan
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 24 Jan 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great first day still remember our first view of the castle back in 1990 so magical

Joan
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great first day still remember our first view of the castle back in 1990 so magical

Joan

It was truly amazing
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Old 24 Jan 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Great first day. You did really well to last that long after an early start.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Hel22
Trainee Dibber

Fantastic first day, looking forward to reading along, thank you for sharing. Was interested in your flight- we live in Lancaster so now also looking at Scotland for an alternative to crazy Manchester prices, thanks Hx

Polynesian 2016
Beach Club and Royal Pacific 2019
Hel22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
prugone
Very Serious Dibber

Really enjoying your trip report. After 40 odd 'Florida years' it's great to share your first trip experiences.
prugone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List