Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by NickPytlinski View Post
hi, hold out a little for gatwick.

we got 352 return with luggage mid september. depending on dates just keep checking each day to see the fluctuations
£352 would be amazing but I’m not expecting to get quite that lucky this year. You never know though I guess! I check every day and have alerts set up so hopefully I’ll get a good alert soon roughly when did you book to get that price for September?

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
This is what we are hoping - I have also read that the prices sometimes come down after the "sale" and that prices have been cheaper pre-sale. But who's to say it will happen this time, it seems both VA and BA are hiking their prices up this year and it doesn't seem to be just MCO. Had a quick look at Barbados to see if that would be cheaper for November when we want to go away, and those flights weren't as good as I have previously seen them.
Ok so I’m not going crazy then thinking I’d read that only a couple more weeks of the sale so hopefully they come down a bit after that!
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MrFish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Butterbeer View Post
£352 would be amazing but I’m not expecting to get quite that lucky this year. You never know though I guess! I check every day and have alerts set up so hopefully I’ll get a good alert soon roughly when did you book to get that price for September?

Ok so I’m not going crazy then thinking I’d read that only a couple more weeks of the sale so hopefully they come down a bit after that!
They are already 330 without luggage direct LGW MCO for many Sept dates.
MrFish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by MrFish View Post
They are already 330 without luggage direct LGW MCO for many Sept dates.
Unfortunately I want luggage though. I’ve done many shorter holidays as hand luggage only and it’s just not something I’m willing to do for a 2 week trip, especially one on which I’m likely to bring back a fair few gifts. My dates are currently £427 for economy light so maybe my dates are just more expensive than most of September
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I agree with your basic theme, but I have to disagree with the concept of PE being business class. It is nowhere near a proper Biz offering. Light years away in fact.

I've never understood why people get so hung up on PE it really isn't that great a product.

Totally agree - I said ‘business class’ to emphasise the point. PE is no where near business class, but is an upgrade. However if you can’t afford PE, surely you just fly economy rather than cancel the holiday 🤦🏼 I don’t see the logic 🤷🏼
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I agree with your basic theme, but I have to disagree with the concept of PE being business class. It is nowhere near a proper Biz offering. Light years away in fact.

I've never understood why people get so hung up on PE it really isn't that great a product.
For me it's being able to sit just me and my husband without a third person, I would pay a premium for that alone. I would happily fly economy if the rows of 2 at the back were available

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Darthmickey
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
For me it's being able to sit just me and my husband without a third person, I would pay a premium for that alone. I would happily fly economy if the rows of 2 at the back were available
First world problems 🤦🏼
Darthmickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Darthmickey View Post
First world problems 🤦🏼
True... But then again we do live in a first world country...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Darthmickey View Post
First world problems 🤦🏼
Maybe but I was just sympathising with the original poster as she has her own reasons for wanting to fly a certain way like I do, and I fully expect to pay a bigger premium for it next time if I choose to go PE

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Imnotdramatic
I have Ears

Mobile

We've had the exact same issue. In October 2017 we paid £365 with bags with VA from Manchester. For our trip this year we are travelling down to Gatwick the night before, £62 for Premier inn, got flights for 3 adults and 1 child including bags for £410 each which I am happy with. Cheapest I could find from Manchester was about £700 without bags! I think it's the lack of competition flying from Mcr now TC have gone bust.
Imnotdramatic is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Waggerdagger
First POST

We are flying from Gatwick this year in September. We usually fly from Manchester but the price of the flights from Gatwick to Orlando for the two of us, with seats and luggage, was £440 each, as opposed to almost £800 each from Manchester. We have done the Gatwick journey before and would rather travel from Manchester but the price difference was too good. We were lucky to get the two seats at the rear as well which had all gone on the Manchester flights.
Waggerdagger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List