Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Feb 20, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
As a child I experienced this familiarity so often it genuinely freaked me out a tad. I would often dream something very random in the middle of another dream then within a couple of weeks that randomness would occur. I outgrew it but it was incredibly weird.
This happened to me too!
I would have dreams then a few weeks later it would happen in real life - totally freaked me out XD

I dont get this or deja vu anymore but used to get it ALOT

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

It happened to me s lot as a child but it has faded as I have got over. I also used to have a recurring dream of walking along a sort of gallery on a stately home. I never opened any of the doors just walked. I would recognise it if I saw it. One day I saw a house with a certain style of chimney and I knew the house I dream about has those chimneys. A colleague at work reckoned I was haunting the place.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Interesting thread. I used to get it a lot not so much anymore. There have been times I've been drawn to certain places/houses.

When I was in primary school I had a vivid dream about a street and a house. I lived in central Scotland and this house was in southend on sea.

A few months later my aunt moved to England and bought a new house. Roughly a year after I went to visit the street was the same as in my dream and I pointed out her house before she told me.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Interesting thread. I used to get it a lot not so much anymore. There have been times I've been drawn to certain places/houses.

When I was in primary school I had a vivid dream about a street and a house. I lived in central Scotland and this house was in southend on sea.

A few months later my aunt moved to England and bought a new house. Roughly a year after I went to visit the street was the same as in my dream and I pointed out her house before she told me.
Yes it is a very interesting subject, to some. I wish there was an explanation on why things like your experience occur.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Yes some people believe the brain processes two similar inputs simultaneously and that 'feeling' then occurs.

Your Iceland experience sounds exactly like mine - its so natural and strong isnt it? Strange enveloping feeling that just feels right.

I am truly relieved I am not the only one...
Yes I have heard that about how the brain processes things leading to the feeling of deja vu, and although it makes sense to me, it's still a strange feeling and doesn't feel like that is what's happening at the time
Yes, incredibly strong and it just feels right! My Aunt has always said the same thing for herself about the Welsh valleys too!

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
As a child I experienced this familiarity so often it genuinely freaked me out a tad. I would often dream something very random in the middle of another dream then within a couple of weeks that randomness would occur. I outgrew it but it was incredibly weird.
I have the dreams that then happen too but didn't want to mention that earlier as I wasn't sure if anybody else had experienced it. When it happens it's always an incredibly realistic dream (so that I wake up and it takes a while to figure out if it actually happened), and unfortunately usually pretty boring but then actually happens at a later point in time. Very odd, but happening less and less as time goes on
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
welsh wizard
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not quite the same but years ago I was in a room with other people waiting for a course to start. A few others came in and sat down and I was instantly drawn to a young woman. It wasn’t even a feeling that we had met before (we definitely hadn’t) I felt a strong emotional connection. We did talk and both said we felt we had met before and tried to work out if we had to no avail. I didn’t tell her how strong the feeling was as that would have been embarrassing but it was almost like a familial love, really strange!
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Yes it is a very interesting subject, to some. I wish there was an explanation on why things like your experience occur.
I think it's like Tinkerbell says humans have very little understanding of the mind etc.
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Butterbeer View Post
Yes I have heard that about how the brain processes things leading to the feeling of deja vu, and although it makes sense to me, it's still a strange feeling and doesn't feel like that is what's happening at the time
Yes, incredibly strong and it just feels right! My Aunt has always said the same thing for herself about the Welsh valleys too!

I have the dreams that then happen too but didn't want to mention that earlier as I wasn't sure if anybody else had experienced it. When it happens it's always an incredibly realistic dream (so that I wake up and it takes a while to figure out if it actually happened), and unfortunately usually pretty boring but then actually happens at a later point in time. Very odd, but happening less and less as time goes on
That doesnt explain though why the feeling suggests I had been there in a different time...all very complex indeed.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by welsh wizard View Post
Not quite the same but years ago I was in a room with other people waiting for a course to start. A few others came in and sat down and I was instantly drawn to a young woman. It wasn’t even a feeling that we had met before (we definitely hadn’t) I felt a strong emotional connection. We did talk and both said we felt we had met before and tried to work out if we had to no avail. I didn’t tell her how strong the feeling was as that would have been embarrassing but it was almost like a familial love, really strange!
Do you think that's a past life connection?

The second I seen my Dh for the first time I felt a really deep love and connection with him.
Old 27 Feb 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I too used to have the dreams that later took place,from a young child until my mid 30s it got less as I grew older,is it a child thing?
Because it happened on quite a regular basis as a child,I got to the stage that I realised it was happening and I knew what was going to happen next and I would try to change my actions or say something different but I just couldnt the scene would just play out as I knew it would and I couldnt change it ,it was like I was frozen in my body I would be thinking I dreamt this, it was a very weird feeling
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List