Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Jun 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
As much as I praise Andy on here I've also posted a lot of good stuff on here about VTP.

Sign up over here and find one of the VTP agents on level one on both A and B sides. They link your credit card with the VTP tag. The tag is read as you leave the garage.

By the time I got to the villa about 40 minutes away and logged on to my email I'd already had one from VTP. Link to my account which already had the three tolls recorded. Two on the main 417 and one on the exit ramp at j3 to the Osceola. Showed the exact time and even which lane I passed through. Also from memory the j3 exit toll is $1 if paying at the toll (or Sunpass) and VTP only charged me 57 cents. They aren't all discounted though - think I paid full price for the one near the Loop on the Osceola. Admin fee free as well so a no brainer.

There's nobody faster than us between the ATM no 4 and the Alamo garage on side B but really was worth getting the VTP.

Mick

Edited at 08:04 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
As much as I praise Andy on here I've also posted a lot of good stuff on here about VTP.

Sign up over here and find one of the VTP agents on level one on both A and B sides. They link your credit card with the VTP tag. The tag is read as you leave the garage.

By the time I got to the villa about 40 minutes away and logged on to my email I'd already had one from VTP. Link to my account which already had the three tolls recorded. Two on the main 417 and one on the exit ramp at j3 to the Osceola. Showed the exact time and even which lane I passed through. Also from memory the j3 exit toll is $1 if paying at the toll (or Sunpass) and VTP only charged me 57 cents. They aren't all discounted though - think I paid full price for the one near the Loop on the Osceola. Admin fee free as well so a no brainer.

There's nobody faster than us between the ATM no 4 and the Alamo garage on side B but really was worth getting the VTP.

Mick
Will have a look into this, thanks. Certainly would make the tolls a bit easier.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Will have a look into this, thanks. Certainly would make the tolls a bit easier.
It is currently suspended. Only available from MCO

visitortollpass/

Edited at 08:35 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Just a massive +1 for love for DFCH. I received this in an email last night...

You’re receiving this email because you have a vehicle(s) booked with us where the balance is due now or within the next couple of months. If you receive this email multiple times, its because you have more than one vehicle booked with us.

Hi

With the continued uncertainty surrounding holidays with FCO advice / quarantine and flight restrictions both here and in the USA we’ve updated the balance payment date on your booking to make things easier… With immediate effect, we’re removing the balance due date. Please only make payment once you know your flight and holiday are going ahead. This way you don’t have to pay and then wait for the refund should your holiday be cancelled at a later date. The latest payment would need to be made by is 2 weeks prior to collection.

Just a reminder that if you have already made a partial payment or you make a payment at a later date and subsequently need to cancel, we offer full refunds up until 48 hours prior to collection but we would like to try and reduce the amount of refund requests to save time and avoid the extortionate card processing fee’s.

If you need to amend or cancel your booking, please go to discountfloridacarhire/login/ and login in. If you don’t have a password, please click on the link to reset it and check your spam folder for the password reset email. You can now view, amend and cancel your booking.

Or, if your holiday has been cancelled and you no longer need the vehicle, please can you let me know so I can get it cancelled for you.

There is no need to do anything if your holiday is still scheduled to take place and you don’t want to amend / cancel just yet.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.

I wish you and your family all the best in these uncertain times.

Wonderful service. Add to that arranging car hire from a pickup location not listed on his site, really good service.

I had refunds next day when i cancelled my May break too.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Chris106
Apprentice Imagineer

Just booked with DFCH for our now resheduled trip for next year after reading all the good things on here , plus the most competitive price I could find .
Chris106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Just browsing DFCH for our trip next year, found that I could now select a Standard Pickup from Disney Car Care something that hasn't been on offer recently so rushed to book and completely messed it up in my excitement

Quick message via the contact form and all has been sorted; genuinely can't recommend Andy and DFCH enough
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by the_weird_one View Post
Just browsing DFCH for our trip next year, found that I could now select a Standard Pickup from Disney Car Care something that hasn't been on offer recently so rushed to book and completely messed it up in my excitement

Quick message via the contact form and all has been sorted; genuinely can't recommend Andy and DFCH enough
Big supporter of Andy on here over the last few years and within the last hour booked with him for the 8th time. Sadly two of them this year have had to be cancelled and no provider of any service on the DIBB has a better cancellation service than Andy.

He emailed me a week or so ago asking if I wanted to cancel next month just like he did last April. I moved last April to this November and I've now moved that to next April.

Next time any Dibber is contemplating car hire think about how much grief some Dibbers have had trying to get their money back from other brokers following cancellation.

Mick
Old 7 Oct 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Its my second time hiring a car through him and both times have been flawless; any trip to the USA I'll be using him myself and will always recommend to anyone else.
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mick so sorry that you and Joan won’t be going for Thanksgiving next month, you kept that glass half full for so long
Here’s to positive safe travels for us all in 2021🙏🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Mick so sorry that you and Joan won’t be going for Thanksgiving next month, you kept that glass half full for so long
Here’s to positive safe travels for us all in 2021🙏🏻
So nice of you to think about us but we've been lucky enough over the years to have had some lovely memories in Florida. Just a bit sad that at 74 we've got to grab as many as we can now. Don't mind the 9 hour flight going out but not too keen on the return even though it's usually a bit quicker.

Villa booked for two trips next year and the second one spans Thanksgiving so we will be back at Bob Evans at Posner.

Mick