Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Nov 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thanks people - to answer the question in the first response, I was wondering if there are things I should ask for - like ‘extras’ they don’t necessarily tell you about. Is it worth going extra early to the airport to enjoy the lounge - Escape plus rather than a clubhouse at Manchester, right? How much food do you get - it looks a lot of different things but maybe small portions?
Is the bar self-service - it looks like it on the videos I’ve seen but it’s not obvious?

2 Serious questions:
1: can you get coffee /tea at any time during the flight? (I don’t want to be zonked on booze the whole flight and miss the experience, though I will definitely have a few drinkies!
I notice the snacks they serve with the drinks appear to be ‘posh’ crisps - I happen to love the little bags of pretzels you get in economy and I’m not a fan of crisps generally - will they think I’m bonkers asking for my pretzels?

Thanks Dibbers for sharing my excitement! I’ve had a silly grin on my face since we booked it 😂

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Enjoy every second of it! The breakfast, champagne and cocktails in the lounge. More champagne and and the chief steward looking after you. Excellent food and service, more champagne and cocktails. A little snooze and more champagne!
So the champagne is good then 😃
Thanks - I’ll make sure I have some!

Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Yes, definitely get to the airport early so you can use the lounge. This is one of the big plus points for us when we travel. We love that lounge and it's especially great when you have a small human as there's a small play area and it's not hectic like in the rest of the terminal.

You can pretty much have whatever you like during the flight. If you want the pretzels from economy they will happily get them for you.

One warning though, you'll never want to turn right on the plane again!

Have a fab time!
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. You get a far better and more attentive service in UC and yes you can ask for things that PE etc have
Now if they have enough is another matter but don't ask don't get is my view.

They will always make you a hot drink. Coming home I tend to sleep for 1 maybe 2 hours then go repeatedly to the galley and they make me coffee.

The Champagne is good quality not a cheap brand.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Yes, definitely get to the airport early so you can use the lounge. This is one of the big plus points for us when we travel. We love that lounge and it's especially great when you have a small human as there's a small play area and it's not hectic like in the rest of the terminal.

You can pretty much have whatever you like during the flight. If you want the pretzels from economy they will happily get them for you.

One warning though, you'll never want to turn right on the plane again!

Have a fab time!
Hello. Just seen your new photo. Congratulations on the new arrival. Well done to both of you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post
Thanks people - to answer the question in the first response, I was wondering if there are things I should ask for - like ‘extras’ they don’t necessarily tell you about. Is it worth going extra early to the airport to enjoy the lounge - Escape plus rather than a clubhouse at Manchester, right? How much food do you get - it looks a lot of different things but maybe small portions?
Is the bar self-service - it looks like it on the videos I’ve seen but it’s not obvious?

2 Serious questions:
1: can you get coffee /tea at any time during the flight? (I don’t want to be zonked on booze the whole flight and miss the experience, though I will definitely have a few drinkies!
I notice the snacks they serve with the drinks appear to be ‘posh’ crisps - I happen to love the little bags of pretzels you get in economy and I’m not a fan of crisps generally - will they think I’m bonkers asking for my pretzels?

Thanks Dibbers for sharing my excitement! I’ve had a silly grin on my face since we booked it 😂
2 points...

1 yes you can have tea or coffee when you want (providing it is not when the crew are otherwise busy, like dinner service, take off, landing.

2 If you want pretzels, they will give you a shed load

Enjoy, and milk it from the first min in the lounge to the last step you take off the plane.

I agree, since I did it, I cannot turn right.

Oh and your bags will emerge forst, so you are first out of the baggage recliam

Disney332

Edited at 09:46 AM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. The downside is people sleep better in UC

Better sleep = more snoring.

Some flights I have been in hysterics listening to the noise on the flight home.

Oh, that would be me!
And my DH as well I think Mr Tom! I’m a little hard of hearing (I wear hearing aids) so I tend to not notice snoring much unless it’s right next to me. Once I’ve taken out my hearing aids,things are nice and peaceful - I used to do that when my kids were being noisy - there are benefits to it!

Old 24 Nov 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hello. Just seen your new photo. Congratulations on the new arrival. Well done to both of you.
Thanks very much Tom, appreciate it!
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by TinselAngel View Post

2 Serious questions:

I don't see the point in getting to the lounge early. It's a room with food and drink in it so help yourself, have whatever and how much you want. There's normally a magazine to grab for the flight.

If you want something just ask and they will bring it. Bar is served or it was the last time I went. We had dinner at the bar on the 747 and no one used it the whole flight to MIA. The flight to LAS, the bar got abused!

You'll be amazed by how much fresher you feel after the flight, it's so much quieter at the front.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

OP - You must try a Virgin Readhead Cocktail

Disney332