Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 26 Nov 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
#21
Manc1979
Excited about Disney
 
Join Date: Apr 20
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
What does upgrading to concierge offer you? Is it expensive?

Kat
Itís Disney 😂
Manc1979 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
#22
Kat11
VIP Dibber
 
Kat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 12
Mobile

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Itís Disney 😂
I was asking because I was wondering if it was something worth thinking about doing, as I donít know what it entails.

I know there is a concierge desk at reception to ask for things to be booked ect, but I was just wondering what upgrading to that service meant?

Iím generally interested in what you get if you upgrade.

Kat
__________________
DLP: Hotel New York-2008 & Hotel Cheyenne-2013
WDW: Villa - April 2011 & Villa - April 2014
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 1 Bed Villa October 2016
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
john w
Stuck in the Tower of Terror
 
john w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 06
The best thing for us is the lounge. Breakfast ,snacks at lunch time, hot food in the evening, happy hour with free drinks at night. Tea coffee water soft drinks all day.
We did have this booked for this year but I cant remember how much it was. Obviously it depends on your budget but this is the only moderate with concierge and one of the cheapest. Haven't done it here but have done in deluxe resorts. was better value for us when kids were with us as there were five of us. Not so much now. I have added a link for a review.
disneytouristblog/re...destino-tower/
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
Kat11
VIP Dibber
 
Kat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 12
Originally Posted by john w View Post
The best thing for us is the lounge. Breakfast ,snacks at lunch time, hot food in the evening, happy hour with free drinks at night. Tea coffee water soft drinks all day.
We did have this booked for this year but I cant remember how much it was. Obviously it depends on your budget but this is the only moderate with concierge and one of the cheapest. Haven't done it here but have done in deluxe resorts. was better value for us when kids were with us as there were five of us. Not so much now. I have added a link for a review.
disneytouristblog/re...destino-tower/
Oh right I get you. I didnít realise itís called concierge. Itís the club lounge access? I tried to book us into a one bed club suite but there were none available when I called. Do you think thereís a chance of upgrading to club lounge access when we get there? I could definitely go for that if we canít pay for DDP. I suppose if we can weíd need to be in the tower for that?

Kat
__________________
DLP: Hotel New York-2008 & Hotel Cheyenne-2013
WDW: Villa - April 2011 & Villa - April 2014
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 1 Bed Villa October 2016
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Kat11 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
john w
Stuck in the Tower of Terror
 
john w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 06
I believe you cant book just now because the lounges are all closed. I plan to phone and change my booking when they reopen. Yes you need to be in the tower because that is where the lounge is.
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
rayraygreen
VIP Dibber
 
rayraygreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 14
Location: Yorkshire
Weíve just moved from Pop in Feb to CS in September and it was a lot cheaper. My mum stayed there once in 2012 and didnít like it because everything was so far away but I canít resist a bargain!
__________________
Walt Disney World - 1999, 2001, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2021
Disneyland Paris - 2014, 2015, 2019
Disneyland CA - 2016, 2018
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
#27
sha9
VIP Dibber
 
sha9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 08

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Oh right I get you. I didnít realise itís called concierge. Itís the club lounge access? I tried to book us into a one bed club suite but there were none available when I called. Do you think thereís a chance of upgrading to club lounge access when we get there? I could definitely go for that if we canít pay for DDP. I suppose if we can weíd need to be in the tower for that?

Kat
I think itís just a different terminology. I would call it club level.
__________________
Lisa

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
#28
john w
Stuck in the Tower of Terror
 
john w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 06
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I think itís just a different terminology. I would call it club level.
Yes its the same I am in the habit of calling it concierge because that's what Disney called it about 20 years ago. When we first stayed in the Poly. and its still concierge on the cruise line.
john w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Disney Park Tickets
On 20th November 4:14pm
Park Hopper Option Returns to Walt Disney World Resort on Jan. 1, 2021As the phased reopening of Walt... Read More »
Posted in epcot
On 20th November 11:29am
As part of the D23 Fantastic Worlds Celebration, Disney shared details about the historic transformation... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3274
CaxtonFX  $1.3208
Covent Garden FX  $1.3396
FAIRFX  $1.3220
John Lewis  $1.3334
M&S  $1.3093
Post Office  $1.3070
Sainsburys  $1.3245
TESCO  $1.3267
Travelex  $1.3213
Updated: 10:30 18/01/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0985
CaxtonFX  €1.0947
Covent Garden FX  €1.1107
FAIRFX  €1.0950
John Lewis  €1.1039
M&S  €1.0837
Post Office  €1.0820
Sainsburys  €1.0971
TESCO  €1.0981
Travelex  €1.0939
Updated: 10:30 18/01/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now