Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Dec 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by POR34 View Post
I bumped into Johnny Vegas and he couldn't have been friendlier. He spoke to everyone and was willing to chat for ages - very down to earth guy.
He is a lovely guy and has been amazing throughout the lockdowns delivering food to vulnerable people.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
I used to work for JEEP and we always had a stand at Goodwood Festival of Speed.

We used the drivers restaurant so all the famous drivers were there - David Coulthard, Damon Hill etc.

They were ALL to a man miserable whatsits!

DH went to the Open practice day at Sandwich and said that all the golfers were great and stood and chatted, had photos and gave autographs.

I also used to take my DS to Harlequins Rugby junior training days - the likes of Will Carling, Jason Leonard, Will Greenwood - all fantastic blokes who came and took part of the morning training sessions - and you could tell they did it willingly and enjoyed it!
It was exactly the same at Bath during the so called ‘amateur years’. I have spoken to all those that you mentioned and the whole Bath team were exactly the same. The only player I can remember that had a reputation as an arrogant prat was Jeremy Guscott.
My, at the time Rugby mad son used to absolutely love meeting his heroes post match and yes, they appeared to enjoy it, regarding it as part of furthering the game.. same with Jack Rowell, Ian McGeechan and countless other managers, former players etc. Great times created by these guys.
The accessibility kind of ended as it went professional.. and I cancelled my season ticket accordingly.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
It was exactly the same at Bath during the so called ‘amateur years’. I have spoken to all those that you mentioned and the whole Bath team were exactly the same. The only player I can remember that had a reputation as an arrogant prat was Jeremy Guscott.
My, at the time Rugby mad son used to absolutely love meeting his heroes post match and yes, they appeared to enjoy it, regarding it as part of furthering the game.. same with Jack Rowell, Ian McGeechan and countless other managers, former players etc. Great times created by these guys.
The accessibility kind of ended as it went professional.. and I cancelled my season ticket accordingly.
I worked in Bath for many years, I once saw Jeremy Guscott have an almighty strop in (if I remember right) Jamie Oliver's, banging the table. Twit.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

We used to get loads through the airport when I was at Border Force, Gordon Brown was particularly nice and very polite and chatty when he through passport control with his cops. Phil Mickelson was another one that was great, he arrived for a competition off a private aircraft with his wife and his parents. We have the Red Hot Chilli Peppers come through for T in the Park and they looked like they could do with a good wash 😂😂

Worst was JK Rowling, she is thoroughly unpleasant and rude!

As a side note I was working at Glasgow airport one night when the entire AC Milan team came through and I was none the wiser who they were, lot of guys all dressed the same. Also went through security on the way in to work one morning and was in amongst the French Rugby team, they were colossal!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Dd worked at glasgow airport
Nice people
Ed sherin, emelia sande(sp) , Westlife boys, boyzone, Gordon ramsey.

Unpleasant
Michelle moone

Holly willourby

Xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Met Shearer, A&D,Botham, D York and others in Dublin hotel the night before a charity golf event and all where really friendly , in fact stood arm in arm with Shearer singing country roads.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by shirley View Post
Dd worked at glasgow airport
Nice people
Ed sherin, emelia sande(sp) , Westlife boys, boyzone, Gordon ramsey.

Unpleasant
Michelle moone

Holly willourby

Xx

Oh, on your Michelle thing - my friend's step daughter was friendly with her daughter a few years ago and said to her "You have a lovely flat" to which she responded "I think you'll find this is a town house." Get over yourself, witch. A teenager says something pleasant without being prompted and that's your reaction? Not a nice thing to say but I clocked her in Starbucks once and it was very "Look at me in my ill fitting designer gear talking loudly to get everyone's attention". Cringe.

Paolo Nutini is always lovely, the majority of footballers are fine.
My friend once was out and her toddler was having a meltdown and Helen Flannigan was very sweet and said something along the lines of "Oh we've all been there!".

Don't really have any negative encounters here - I think it's because they're all sort of left to their own devices. Casual nod. Us lot are 'don't bother them, it's not cool!"
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Both of my encounters have been in a health club. Former England Cricket captain Alec Stewart got a massive section of the pool closed off for just him and one of his kids causing the rest of the pool to be packed and was really rude. I saw George Best having a coffee in same health club and was really nice when I said hello.

I also once asked Lee Sharpe for an autograph in Malia. He said no as he was on holiday.
I’m guessing it was the same health club I saw him at, he was living there at the time. He was very nice and friendly but had such sad eyes.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Met Patrick Stewart in London after a theatre trip (unrelated to a show he was in). A really great guy, he was waiting for someone and was happy to chat about the theatre. I think the trick was not to mention star trek. We must have talked for about 20 mins.

We lived round the corner from Kenny Baker (R2D2 actor) in Preston, he was always pleasant. We saw him a few times in the local morrisons and helped hin with his bags of shopping once. He had a huge rolls royce and was always happy to talk star wars really nice guy. Saw him in the park opposite our houses a few times.

Declan Donnelly was the opposite. After the briefest of "im too busy to talk" whilst waiting for a train in kings cross, h then proceeding to tap on his phone, i lost all respect for the guy. Kids always bring it up when they see him on the TV. Of course we have no right to expect a chat but there are ways to address people even kids.

Edited at 08:41 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

We were having lunch at Andy Murray’s hotel in Scotland & his mum was hosting a tennis tournament. She came over to the table to chat and was lovely, swore like a trooper & had a great sense of humour. She was on Celebrity Masterchef at the time & told us a few good story’s about the other competitors along with naming who won it. She said it was in case we could get a bet on it !

Rudest was Gary Player, watched him push a young lad away who had very politely asked for his autograph.