Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Universal Hollywood - 1 or 2 days and where to book?

Hi,

We're doing a drive round California (and Vegas) in just over a week. Stopping in Hollywood for 4 nights and wanted to do Universal with our 3 year old as she loves Jurassic Park and Harry Potter!

We were looking at 2 day passes but I'm worried that might be overdoing it. The days we have free are 9th, 11th and 12th June. As it's open long hours and you get in an hour early if you pre-book I think a day would be enough and trying to keep the costs down where we can. But equally, another £30ish each for an extra day might be worth it.

Any advice? Also, where is best to buy tickets from? Direct from Universal seems as cheap as anywhere but happy to look elsewhere if it saves a few quid.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
I’d say that one day would be plenty long enough - it’s a much smaller park than the Orlando one. My only tip would be to avoid a weekend, so the 11th or 12th would be my preference.

We bought ours from Universal directly, to take advantage of the early entry.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

It's a one day park really for most people.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
We went to universal studios Hollywood last Sunday- it was memorial weekend, we got into the park at 9am and left at 6.30 (think the park was open until 9pm) having done everything (bar Jurassic Park as we didn’t want to get wet but that was only 40min wait max throughout the day). We also left for lunch to go to hard rock/ shop around city walk so definitely think one day is more than enough unless you adore universal and want to do things multiply times/ at a very leisurely pace
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by langside View Post
We went to universal studios Hollywood last Sunday- it was memorial weekend, we got into the park at 9am and left at 6.30 (think the park was open until 9pm) having done everything (bar Jurassic Park as we didn’t want to get wet but that was only 40min wait max throughout the day). We also left for lunch to go to hard rock/ shop around city walk so definitely think one day is more than enough unless you adore universal and want to do things multiply times/ at a very leisurely pace

Last Sunday wasn’t memorial day weekend , that’s this weekend ?
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
Last Sunday wasn’t memorial day weekend , that’s this weekend ?
Sorry just what we were told as we asked why the flags were at half mast
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
I’d say that one day would be plenty long enough - it’s a much smaller park than the Orlando one. My only tip would be to avoid a weekend, so the 11th or 12th would be my preference.

We bought ours from Universal directly, to take advantage of the early entry.
Thanks! When I looked at the busy calendars they rated all 3 days the same but it does seem logical to go on the Monday or Tuesday.

We're doing Disney on the Sunday so we can have a rest day in between if we do Tuesday so I think that is the winner currently.

1 day will be fine as our hotel is only 10 minute drive from Universal park... which means an early start for Disney day to get all the way across to Anaheim
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List