Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile Advice Needed

Hi guys,

So we arrive in LAX at 14:45, got to pick up my hire car then head to the hotel. I’m contemplating booking the Disneyland hotel for 1 night as a surprise for my wife. It’s coming in at £377 for 1 night. Question is, is it worth it? Does anyone know roughly what time we would get to the hotel from LAX (LA traffic at that time) We will also be up for early park entry the next morning, full day in the park, dinner in downtown Disney then off to our other hotel for a few days. Will we get much time in the hotel the night before?

Thanks
Cammywatson033 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
2 weeks ago we were on the Man to Lax flight that was due to get in at 14.45. It actually landed 15min early but after immigration, bag collection, collecting car etc we got into our Santa Monica hotel room at 5.49pm going off my iPhone room photo that I always take when we 1st get in a room.
According to google maps, our hotel Wyndham at Santa Monica should only take 26min from airport via car so hopefully gives you an idea
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks langside, do you remember what the traffic was like at that time? Was it bad?
Cammywatson033 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Originally Posted by Cammywatson033 View Post
Thanks langside, do you remember what the traffic was like at that time? Was it bad?
We didn’t hit any major traffic whilst we were there the whole time but it is LA so don’t expect clear roads
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Yeah that’s what I keep hearing. Just don’t know if it’s worth paying nearly £400 for a night in a Disney hotel when we won’t be getting there till 6 or 7pm and out next morning early doors
Old 27 May 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Well I landed at a similar time in March and drove to not far from Anaheim and traffic was horrendous . We were in the car by 5 it then took us 2.5 hrs to do 25 miles

Personally I wouldn’t pay that much for a hotel you will barely be in .. there are lots of good neighbour hotels I would stay in one of those .
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thanks, yeah sounds a lot considering we’ll only be in it for a few hours at night and the next morning
Old 27 May 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I agree with daytonababe, you just won’t get enough time there to utilise the facilities before you’re checking out again so I couldn’t justify the price myself.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cammywatson033
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Yeah, I’m guessing there’s cheaper hotels around Disneyland?
Old 28 May 18, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Not worth it. There’s plenty of cheap hotels in walking distance of the gates. Not sure where else you’re off to over there. £400 could get you a gorgeous 5 star hotel elsewhere as a treat.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List