Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Nov 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Have you ever been bullied?

I thought I'd start a thread on bullying.

I was bullied by other girls at school because I had red hair and because I always had boys chasing me, perhaps it was because I laughed with everyone, and was a tomboy, but I think they felt I was a threat 🤔 jealous.

Many times I went home in tears, but in those days nothing was done about it sadly.

Was you bullied?

Edited at 04:09 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Yes I was but that was no where near as bad as when my two children were being bullied by a ‘friend’ at school. Dealing with that was far far worse. All sorted now. Partly because school were more proactive but also because I made it very clear I wasn’t having any of it.

Edited at 02:48 PM.
ely3857 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Yep for 2 years in secondary school by 4 girls 2 years above me 😕 They made my life hell, I never knew why they chose me to be their target. It only ended when they left school.

I hate bullying, I do stand up for myself and will speak my mind but would rather walk away from a fight.

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes, by my mother.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Yes - at work. I started to go into details but deleted. It was sorted in the end by him being moved (for other reasons though). I used to sit on the bus going home with tears streaming down my face sometimes.

To this day I have not forgiven him but i certainly don’t lose sleep over him anymore!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Hermione
Getting Excited

Yep and I still despise her and hope bad things happen to her.i know it's not healthy but I can't let it go.
Hermione is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Yep and I still despise her and hope bad things happen to her.i know it's not healthy but I can't let it go.
I know exactly how you feel 😢
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
I thought I'd start a thread on bullying.

I was bullied by other girls at school because I had red hair and because I always had boys chasing me, perhaps it was because I laughed with everyone, they felt I was a threat 🤔 jealous.

Many times I went home in tears, but in those days nothing was done about it sadly.

Was you bullied?
Yes when I was about 7 & I came over from the US, the kids at school found out I didn’t have a Dad, he was killed in car crash, so they called me the “B” word, rotten nasty kids & unfortunately they then turn into adults, think before you speak people
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
the_weird_one
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Yes fairly consistently throughout primary school and is actually how I got my screen name; trying to turn bullying into self defiance - it was a mix of liking brightly coloured glasses and Japanese cartoons.

Then it continued in secondary school; in addition to having glasses and the Japanese animation I was also a band member so got bullied a lot for being weird and not wanting to take part in the usual boys school activities of football or schoolyard fighting
the_weird_one is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
Yes when I was about 7 & I came over from the US, the kids at school found out I didn’t have a Dad, he was killed in car crash, so they called me the “B” word, rotten nasty kids & unfortunately they then turn into adults, think before you speak people
So sad and so true xx