Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Nov 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mighty Lion
Earning More Ears

Alamo / Alamo Brits - Extended Protection Issue?

Has any one noticed this when doing a new booking on both the above mentioned sites?

Extended Protection

Included
Details
Effective for rentals with a rental period commencing on or after January 1, 2021, EP will no longer be offered for sale. If you reserved EP with your rental reservation for a rental starting on or after January 1, 2021, you will be provided the option to purchase Supplemental Liability Protection (SLP) with a combined single limit of $300,000 (Uninsured Motorist/Underinsured Motorist Benefits included only where required by law in select states) at the price shown at time of rental.

Does this mean that we no longer get Extended Protection if we have a booking?

Edited at 05:45 PM.
Mighty Lion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I checked this out for you on Alamo Brits.

As an aside what has happened to their website it's now pants!
Even more weird are their prices. I haven't laughed so much in years.

However you are right that wording is there but it's most ambiguous and I don't know what they are on about as it says EP is included then goes on to contradict itself.

To the point. Auto Europe is less than half the price of Brits for the Aug dates I checked and includes full EP. Plus as a bonus they offer free protection for other things that others don't such as wheels, glass etc etc.

If in doubt walk away and book elsewhere.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mighty Lion
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Tom. I thought I was on the wrong website. It looks weird.

I was looking for easter, the prices are no so bad. Not great but better than they were.

At the moment, I have 2 bookings with Sixt and 1 with Avis and 1 with Andy (alamo). Thats why I was looking at brita then come across the ep/sli stuff.

Anyway, I emailed Andy, he's now on the case.
Mighty Lion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Mighty Lion View Post
Tom. I thought I was on the wrong website. It looks weird.

I was looking for easter, the prices are no so bad. Not great but better than they were.

At the moment, I have 2 bookings with Sixt and 1 with Avis and 1 with Andy (alamo). Thats why I was looking at brita then come across the ep/sli stuff.

Anyway, I emailed Andy, he's now on the case.
I'm like Fred Pontin - Book early book often!

Let us know what Andy comes back with please.

Brits used to be an easy website to navigate but whoever did the new design needs sacking. It's peculiar in the extreme

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Following with interest...
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

I have an existing booking for August (pay later option) do I need to buy extra cover now if going ahead with rental or does it still provide enough standard cover?
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by dave View Post
I have an existing booking for August (pay later option) do I need to buy extra cover now if going ahead with rental or does it still provide enough standard cover?
Still waiting for clarification as to what Alamo are going on about. I would imagine nothings changed for prepaid rentals for UK customers.

Soon as I have an update, i'll post.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mighty Lion
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Still waiting for clarification as to what Alamo are going on about. I would imagine nothings changed for prepaid rentals for UK customers.

Thanks Andy
Old 16 Nov 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post

Cheers. I actually had it booked with Brits but just done another booking through you to edge my bets🙂
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Just booked a standard SUV pay on arrival for £509 from 14 sept to 1 Oct. via Brits link. Past few years I’ve used Avis through BA but this year they wanted £700 as part of the package or an astounding £992 as a stand alone. Seems this surge pricing extends way past peak season with Avis. Will need to watch exchange rate on this one but I guess that can work 2 ways.

sandshal is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List