Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

BA voucher

I was considering changing our planned trip for Easter 2022 - we are currently flying in and out of Miami, and staying there for a week prior to our cruise. I’ve realised that for just a little more, we can get five nights in Cabana Bay, plus Universal tickets, plus flights into Orlando, then Orlando-Miami before the cruise and out of Miami at the end.

This all sounds much better, but I believe I need to take the chance on requesting a BA voucher today, waiting a few days for it to arrive, then hoping the prices are still the same for the new trip once we have the voucher. Is this right, or is there any way to secure the quoted prices before receiving my voucher? e.g. If I called them, could they make the new booking for me and apply my deposit to the new booking?

Also, I couldn’t quite work out from the T&Cs how much the voucher would be worth. Will it just be the £150 deposit I’ve already paid, or will it be the entire amount I owe them? If it’s just the £150, I could consider losing it, but obviously not if we’re tied to the full £2000 we owe them.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
I was considering changing our planned trip for Easter 2022 - we are currently flying in and out of Miami, and staying there for a week prior to our cruise. I’ve realised that for just a little more, we can get five nights in Cabana Bay, plus Universal tickets, plus flights into Orlando, then Orlando-Miami before the cruise and out of Miami at the end.

This all sounds much better, but I believe I need to take the chance on requesting a BA voucher today, waiting a few days for it to arrive, then hoping the prices are still the same for the new trip once we have the voucher. Is this right, or is there any way to secure the quoted prices before receiving my voucher? e.g. If I called them, could they make the new booking for me and apply my deposit to the new booking?

Also, I couldn’t quite work out from the T&Cs how much the voucher would be worth. Will it just be the £150 deposit I’ve already paid, or will it be the entire amount I owe them? If it’s just the £150, I could consider losing it, but obviously not if we’re tied to the full £2000 we owe them.
The voucher in your case would be for the amount of the deposit £150.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Can you not book the new holiday now - pay the deposits then when you get your voucher have that applied so you have paid a bit more off the new holiday? That way you secure the price now and lose nothing?
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
The voucher in your case would be for the amount of the deposit £150.
That’s good, I can always consider just losing that - the new trip would be a better deal anyway, and make for a better trip for us.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Can you not book the new holiday now - pay the deposits then when you get your voucher have that applied so you have paid a bit more off the new holiday? That way you secure the price now and lose nothing?
I’m not sure. It says in the T&Cs that you can’t apply your voucher to an existing booking, and it can only be used to make a new booking.

But then there’s something about honouring the date of request, so I wondered if it can be applied to a booking made after requesting the voucher (rather than having to wait to actually receive the voucher). That wasn’t clear at all, so I wondered if anyone here had experience of it.

Edited to add: Just checked again and it says:

A voucher may only be redeemed towards a new British Airways Holidays booking made once you have received the voucher. Vouchers are not eligible to be used in payment or part-payment towards an existing holiday booking.

So I won’t be able to use it for the new booking unless I wait. Oh well, I’ve got three choices - stick with the original plan, lose the £150 and rebook now, or claim the voucher and hope the prices don’t change before I can call to rebook.

Edited at 11:28 AM.
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Most vouchers turn up within a few minutes anyway.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Most vouchers turn up within a few minutes anyway.
Oh that would be good! It says it could take a few days, which was the bit I was unsure about. I think I’ll claim it and keep my fingers crossed it arrives soon!
Old 5 Jun 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Back in March when I was cancelling our fly drive for this summer I mentioned we were looking at rebooking for October and they offered to rebook for us there and then. We were in a different position from yourself in that one of our flights had been cancelled and the rearranged flight didn’t match so we were entitled to a refund rather than just a voucher. Doesn’t do any harm to ask the question though , hopefully they can sort it without you having to wait on voucher.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
No, not possible voucher has to be applied to the deposit at the time of booking
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

BA time stamp all your transaction so for example if I was to cancel my holiday now at 13.34 they would have a record of this. If I then book another holiday at 13.35 it would be classed as a new booking and therefore you could apply the voucher to this holiday after you receive it. This method does mean you have to secure the new holiday with a new deposit but if it secures a good price in my opinion it’s worth doing. When you do receive the voucher you can then message BA and they will deduct the value of the voucher from your balance.