Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 2 Jan 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jev1
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
EP has not been removed from prepaid fully inclusive car hire packages. Its only been removed from reservations made directly with Alamo.com (where results are shown in $). The warning message is still displayed under the policies section when you complete the online check in... I've flagged this confusion with Alamo and they've told me they will update it.
Cheers Andy - so just to check I'm not misunderstanding this, does that mean prepaid through Alamo Brits would include EP?
Jev1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

EP still shows on the Brits website whereas its no longer shown as an optional extra when going through Alamo.com as a US/UK customer... Basically if it displays a price in $, avoid it.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Plonks
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Plonks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We never had any issues with Virgin with changing bookings or service.
You may also want to check Andy at
discountfloridacarhire/
I believe their prices are very competitive and have great reviews.

Paul
Plonks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Finally some customer service advisors if you cancel come out with a bit of nonsense about penalties etc. However tell them their T & C's allow free cancellations and they soon roll over. - I have that page saved!
Mr Tom,

Is this still the case? I'm about to book a car for LAS/LAX in September but the old page seems to have been updated and I cannot be bothered to spend 2 hours on the phone waiting to ask them, especially if I get an advisor who tells me the above.

Do you still have the link?

Much appreciated,

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

No cancellation fees - virginatlantic/gb/en...lplus-car.html

DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Steve. Mine is similar to the One Andy posted albeit in a different location on their website.

virginholidays/hol...anada-car-hire

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
No cancellation fees - virginatlantic/gb/en...lplus-car.html
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Steve. Mine is similar to the One Andy posted albeit in a different location on their website.

virginholidays/hol...anada-car-hire
Many thanks to both of you for your help, I read all the T&C's in detail but didn't think of looking on the main page.

Booking with VS (Alamo) should save me about £100 as they don't charge a one way drop off fee between Nevada and California unlike other companies.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I am wondering how this affects a uscarhire.com where we have paid a £25 deposit (in pounds).
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We always used to get a car but last year we used Uber from MCO to RPR. It was so easy and I would definitely do it again and recommend.

We did 10 nights at RPR without a car, using Uber/Lyft when necessary. We got an Uber to Beach Club when moving hotels and didn’t pick up a car until the the day before our cruise to drive to the port. It was incredibly easy to be without a car and if flying into mco I’d just go without now, particularly due to high parking charges.

We’re flying into Miami so definitely need a car this time.
After hiring cars for Orlando for years we are now Uber/Lyft converts . We tend to split stay so pick up a car the day or day before we leave Orlando itself.
Same with our cruise this year , we are flying onto Las Vegas after , with extra costs to pick up a car at Port Canaveral we will Uber to Melbourne which is quicker and cheaper than a transfer to MCO or a hire car and fly from there.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I am wondering how this affects a uscarhire.com where we have paid a £25 deposit (in pounds).
No Change, EP is included.