Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 4 Jan 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Difference between ba and virgin

I have looked at virgin and they give the basic and the gold. We chose to pay for the gold last time

When I go onto ba cheapest seems to be Avis but then i can’t actually find what the insurance covers.

I would basically want to be covered for everything I could as I wouldn’t want to risk anything.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you book a BA fly drive then you are fully covered for everything and you don't need to take out any additional insurance. If you join the BA executive club then you also get another named driver for free. Taken from BA.com.

'Inclusive car insurance'
Includes:
Unlimited mileage
Customer Facility Fee
Tire & Battery Fee
Third Party Liability (TPL)
State Surcharge
Veh. License Fee
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Fuel Policy: Full to Full'

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
If you book a BA fly drive then you are fully covered for everything and you don't need to take out any additional insurance. If you join the BA executive club then you also get another named driver for free. Taken from BA.com.

'Inclusive car insurance'
Includes:
Unlimited mileage
Customer Facility Fee
Tire & Battery Fee
Third Party Liability (TPL)
State Surcharge
Veh. License Fee
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
Fuel Policy: Full to Full'
Was just on the website and did the flight and hotel then added the car as extra.
Just feels like I was missing something cos it was so cheap.
I’m not a brilliant driver over here let alone over there so I always want to make sure I’m covered.

Do you think the normal booster seats will be ok for the kids? They are both over 5 so I don’t think Florida requires them anymore but I prefer them just like home
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 21, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Was just on the website and did the flight and hotel then added the car as extra.
Just feels like I was missing something cos it was so cheap.
I’m not a brilliant driver over here let alone over there so I always want to make sure I’m covered.

Do you think the normal booster seats will be ok for the kids? They are both over 5 so I don’t think Florida requires them anymore but I prefer them just like home
BA have some very good deals at the moment, so I don’t think you’re missing anything. We’ve always done BA fly drives, never had any issues, had free upgrades twice and if you join the BA executive club & Avis preferred then you get added benefits too.I think normal booster seats would be fine, if you use them here.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Tom. Mick. Your usually the guys to see with cars.

I had virgin last time and we paid for the gold insurance as we had no idea what we were doing.

There is a big difference in prices if we have to pay for more insurance.

Any idea what I am covered for with ba? And which would you say is better the basic virgin or the basic BA
Old 15 Mar 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Tom. Mick. Your usually the guys to see with cars.

I had virgin last time and we paid for the gold insurance as we had no idea what we were doing.

There is a big difference in prices if we have to pay for more insurance.

Any idea what I am covered for with ba? And which would you say is better the basic virgin or the basic BA
We did a BA fly drive back in Nov 2017 and it included CDW with no excess and $1m SLI in the basic price and that's what you need. There was no option to upgrade insurance since it was all included - although you could upgrade the car. From what I read on here BA still do that.

With a VS fly drive you have to upgrade to Gold I believe to get the same level of CDW and SLI. Same with a Tui fly drive.

You can't book a BA fly drive until flights are released at 355 days out. You can book a VS fly drive in advance of their 330 days rule - if you feel like paying around £1,000 more than by waiting until day 330

Mick

Edited at 11:47 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
To throw another option in to the mix. Virgin Atlantic now do a flight + car option that delivers a fully insured car and is cheaper than the Virgin Holidays fly drive.

However it's full payment on booking unlike VH which is deposit only if you so wish.

Worth a look.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
To throw another option in to the mix. Virgin Atlantic now do a flight + car option that delivers a fully insured car and is cheaper than the Virgin Holidays fly drive.

However it's full payment on booking unlike VH which is deposit only if you so wish.

Worth a look.
I must be looking wrong Tom as it shows the flight prices then talks about adding the hotel if I wanted but couldn’t see a car. Maybe it’s cos I use a mobile rather than desktop site.

Will keep looking though. Only reason for virgin is cos it’s from Manchester

*** found it. Be being silly 😜

Thanks

Edited at 12:06 PM.
Old 15 Mar 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I must be looking wrong Tom as it shows the flight prices then talks about adding the hotel if I wanted but couldn’t see a car. Maybe it’s cos I use a mobile rather than desktop site.

Will keep looking though. Only reason for virgin is cos it’s from Manchester

*** found it. Be being silly 😜

Thanks
Well done. I struggle to see the iPad let alone a phone screen!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

Worth a look.
Ah we’ve already got our VA flights. Do you know if there’s an option to retrospective add a car in later to the package?
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List