Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 7 Sep 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MagicalDay
Excited about Disney

Mobile Annual Pass for Disney/Universal

Hi fellow Dibbers!

Asking that same old question again only because it's new to me and I just don't understand it so hoping someone can guide us.

We have already purchased our 14 Day Disney/Universal tickets and going this October and again in May 2020 and hoping to upgrade these to AP's!

We are staying off site on both trips and will be driving during our stay.

We understand there are only 2 options for Disney AP and a few more options for Universal. We are looking to purchase 1 x Seasonal pass and 1 x Preferred pass for Universal.

Question time!

Question 1. What prices should we expect to be paying? For Disney and for Universal?

Question 2. Where is the best place to purchase both?

Question 3. For Disney AP do you get a free Magic Band included?

Question 4. With Disney and Universal AP's do you get to use Extra hours?

Question 5. Disney, FP? Do you still get to book FP 30 days before as off site guests?

Question 6. What advice would you give and your experience with upgrading / Using AP's!

TIA's

Have A Magical Day!

David and Lauren! X

1990 - 1992 - 1993 - 1994 - 1995 - 1999 - 2000 - 2001 - 2002x2- 2003x2 - 2004 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 - 2009 - 2011 - 2014 - 2016 Orlando Holidays!
Next Adventure starts 14/11/2018!
MagicalDay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post

I am not an expert on annual passes, but we are thinking of swapping our 14 day ultimate tickets to AP, so I have been looking into it.

I understand we need to go to Guest Relations when we get there and change the ticket in person. I am expecting the cost to be the difference between the full price pass and what we have already paid for the ultimate.

I think that a magic band is provided, we will have these anyway as we are staying onsite. I don't know about the EMH, we are always onsite so not something I looked into.

As offsite guests, you can still book FP at 30 days, however I believe you can only have seven days of FPs booked in a 30 day period.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I can't answer all the questions but as far as I know (all relating to WDW AP):

Question 2
If you are upgrading your WDW ticket to an AP you'll need to go to either a ticket counter or Guest relations (can't remember which or if you can do this at both but the CMs will be able to direct you). You can definitely do this at any of the 4 parks or at Disney Springs. If I remember correctly they also asked for ID when I upgraded mine a couple of years ago.

Question 3
From my experience a couple of years ago, I got an extra free Magic Band with my Disney AP. However - I couldn't get it on the first trip, and instead had to order it online to be delivered to a USA address.

Question 4
WDW AP doesn't let you use Extra Magic Hours, you need to be staying on-site for this.

Question 5
With a WDW AP as an off-site guest, you will only be able to book 7 days' worth of FP at any one time. If you are on-site for longer than 7 days, you will be able to book for the length of your on-site stay.
If you are upgrading from a longer duration ticket and already have FPs booked for that longer duration as an off-site guest - check withl the CM when upgrading to make sure that your FPs stay after the upgrade to an AP!

Question 6
Enjoy having an AP? Take advantage of some AP benefits like the occasional free magnets or Food and Wine souvenirs. There are a lot of discounts throughout the parks - I'd typically just ask at food and merchandise outlets if they have any AP discounts and have been pleasantly surprised to find out there is a few times.
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MagicalDay View Post
Question 1. What prices should we expect to be paying? For Disney and for Universal?
So Seasonal Pass last year we got for around $50 and the one with free parking was quoted as $150

AP's for Disney, the price is basically the current AP price (without waterparks $1100) minus the equivalent of what you've paid for the 14 day ticket converted to dollars.

Question 2. Where is the best place to purchase both?
So it used to make a difference but doesn't appear to much any more. In Disney it depends on what the CM reads the ticket in as - as in whether they read it as a "select" ticket or not. No one seems to know what a select ticket is but its a UK ticket type and if they ring it through its less value than the actual ticket so keep an eye on that. In Universal prices are the same everywhere.

You need ID for Disney and also the upgrade price will show on the Ap once you enter the park for the first time.

Question 3. For Disney AP do you get a free Magic Band included?
Yes from everything I've read you still get if you upgrade but you have to either order after you upgrade and this can take 2 weeks to arrive (US addresses only) or you can go to Magic Kingdom and pick it up. I'm planning on upgrading in 1 weeks time (OMG! ) so will report back to confirm but this is what I've found out and when you purchase an AP directly you definitely can.

No for Disney - only hotel guests do. Yes sometimes for Universal but different passes get different things so bare that in mind

Question 5. Disney, FP? Do you still get to book FP 30 days before as off site guests?
Yes you get FPs. Once you upgrade you can only book 7 days at a time at 30 days before (not 7 consequtive but 7 total). If however you have already booked 14 days worth for your 14 day ticket these don't get cancelled so the first time you visit you can still get the 14 day worth but I'd be cautious about cancelling or changing any incase it spots you should only have 7.

Question 6. What advice would you give and your experience with upgrading / Using AP's!
So I haven't tried this yet in terms of upgrading but I did have an AP last year (purchased as new we were going twice and the price was about the same). You quite often get extras such as magnets etc for events so good idea to keep an eye on the websites. Disney do not send anything to UK addresses so we don't get the AP magnet but I've been told they sometimes have them at guest services (didn't find them last year so will ask this one). Only one of you needs a Disney AP to get free parking etc so something to think about as the price now is way over the price for 2 UK 14 day tickets (It went up over $200 in the last few months).

Edited at 10:25 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I definitely think the UAP is the better deal & in fact we have already bought ours, Disney is another matter! If you are looking at using for the Waterparks then it's $1280 incl Tax approx £1060 in real money, bear in mind Disney are not going to give you what you paid, it's what your pass would cost them (wholesale price) but setting that aside you are looking at a £220 difference between that AP & 2x 14 day Ultimates (19/20) that's a lot of parking & discounts.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

at Universal , preferred and premier AP get early admission year round at Universal Studios (not IoA)

during passholder appreciation days (this year it was Aug 12th - Sept 30t) seasonnal and power AP also receive early admission at the studios

during passholder appreciation days, APs also get early admission t volcano bay (3 parks AP only) between Aug 19th and Sept 30th

but just bear in mind that all APs except Premier AP, have blockout dates

Premier AP also receive Express pass (one time per ride) after 4pm

all of the details can be found on the universal website.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List