Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Kenwood Travel
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 21 Sep 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Rescuer
Imagineer
 
Rescuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 12

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile Contemporary - room request

Hi

We are staying at the Contemporary in a theme park view for 5 nights from Christmas Eve.
Just wondering if I need to put in a room request?
Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms and what was your view like? I know it looks accross the car park with Mk in the distance.
I am beyond excited as this is our first Christmas trip and the contemporary is my bucket list Hotel.
Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
__________________
Rescuers Reports Food - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 x2, 2019 x2 Trips Christmas 2018, April 2019, July 2019
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal Mardi Gras
Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
TeFiti
Gone all Goofy
 
TeFiti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 08
Hi!
We have also booked a Contemporary Theme Park View Room for next year (albeit only for 1 night!) and have looked into this. We probably won't put in a room request as all the views look amazing (and we ended up getting the opposite of our room request for POR this year anyway). However, I have read that:
- Rooms start from 6th floor upwards
- TPV rooms end in 25 - 48. 48 being the closest to the Park, 25 the garden wing
- Odd number rooms are arranged so that the bed is facing the park, so you can watch the fireworks in bed if you so wish.
So people like to request a high odd number... we will just take our chances
This site is also helpful:
touringplans/hotel_maps/...mporary-resort
TeFiti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Living with the Animals at AKL...
Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
kevin_cambs_uk
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 12
Mobile

Have spent 2 one week hols there
Its our resort of choice

First time 11 floor, second 9 floor both TPV

To be honest your on the right side and no room has a bad view

Any other questions about the resort please ask, I have become a bit of a geek about the resort!
__________________
1997 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 1998 - Orange Lakes
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
saratogajan
slightly serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 15
Mobile

Were going for a week club level theme park view for our delayed silver wedding trip (now being gate crashed by our adult kids). Look forward to hearing how your trip goes as never stayed there before. Will be amazing at Christmas!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
return to Star Wars run
Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
disney332
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Oct 09
How amazing, what a great room and hotel.

I would suspect that every room with a Theme Park View has a Theme Park View, and knowing what I do about the hotel, this would be across the car park.

Full report and pics when you are done!

Disney332
__________________
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Rescuer
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Rescuer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 12

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Thanks everyone
Originally Posted by TeFiti View Post
Hi!
We have also booked a Contemporary Theme Park View Room for next year (albeit only for 1 night!) and have looked into this. We probably won't put in a room request as all the views look amazing (and we ended up getting the opposite of our room request for POR this year anyway). However, I have read that:
- Rooms start from 6th floor upwards
- TPV rooms end in 25 - 48. 48 being the closest to the Park, 25 the garden wing
- Odd number rooms are arranged so that the bed is facing the park, so you can watch the fireworks in bed if you so wish.
So people like to request a high odd number... we will just take our chances
This site is also helpful:
touringplans/hotel_maps/...mporary-resort
That's really interesting about the odd numbered rooms. I had read it is better to be above the 9th floor but unsure as to why that is.

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
Have spent 2 one week hols there
Its our resort of choice

First time 11 floor, second 9 floor both TPV

To be honest your on the right side and no room has a bad view

Any other questions about the resort please ask, I have become a bit of a geek about the resort!
It looks amazing. Could you see the Electrical water pagent from your room? I'm assuming you can but not when it is actually at the Contemporary.
Also have you been to the Wave? We have that booked for Christmas night as we were struggling to get a reservation at California Grill as we only booked up a month ago.


Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Were going for a week club level theme park view for our delayed silver wedding trip (now being gate crashed by our adult kids). Look forward to hearing how your trip goes as never stayed there before. Will be amazing at Christmas!
That will be truly amazing. I'm assuming if we did Disney for our silver wedding our ds would still want to be in on the act even though he will be 19 by then.

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
How amazing, what a great room and hotel.

I would suspect that every room with a Theme Park View has a Theme Park View, and knowing what I do about the hotel, this would be across the car park.

Full report and pics when you are done!

Disney332
Thanks. I'll be doing a live food report as usual so I'll put photos in that. I was toying with doing my first full proper trip report as well, as there is not too more over Christmas and New Year, but trying to think how much time that might take.
__________________
Rescuers Reports Food - 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018 x2, 2019 x2 Trips Christmas 2018, April 2019, July 2019
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal Mardi Gras
Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
TinkTatoo
VIP Dibber

 
Join Date: Jan 04

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Weve stayed at the Contemporary over Christmas before and its magical. Any of the TP rooms will give you a view of MK and the fireworks and youll also see the electric water pageant from a distance. It you want to see it close up you can walk out to the boat dock.

My only request would be for a high floor as youd bet a slightly better view. My favourite thing is to sit out on your balcony and watch the ferry and listen to the whistle from the steam train.
__________________


EBTA from Miami
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
EBTA
Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
TinkTatoo
VIP Dibber

 
Join Date: Jan 04

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Were going for a week club level theme park view for our delayed silver wedding trip (now being gate crashed by our adult kids). Look forward to hearing how your trip goes as never stayed there before. Will be amazing at Christmas!
We loved the Atrium Club, theres a CM called LouAnne and shes one of the nicest CMs weve ever met in all our visits
__________________


EBTA from Miami
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
EBTA
Reply With Quote
Reply
Ocean Florida

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu


US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2543
CaxtonFX  $1.2532
Covent Garden FX  $1.2617
FAIRFX  $1.2550
John Lewis  $1.2589
M&S  $1.2293
Post Office  $1.2320
Sainsburys  $1.2548
TESCO  $1.2569
Travelex  $1.2461
Updated: 04:03 17/10/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1346
CaxtonFX  €1.1313
Covent Garden FX  €1.1390
FAIRFX  €1.1340
John Lewis  €1.1387
M&S  €1.1162
Post Office  €1.1143
Sainsburys  €1.1348
TESCO  €1.1369
Travelex  €1.1274
Updated: 04:03 17/10/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Wed 16th Oct 11:03pm
Now: 24C/75F
Broken Clouds
Broken Clouds
Cloud Cover: 75%
Wind: 8mph - W Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1013mb
Humidity: 78%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 03:00 17/10/2019