Old 21 Sep 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile Contemporary - room request

Hi

We are staying at the Contemporary in a theme park view for 5 nights from Christmas Eve.
Just wondering if I need to put in a room request?
Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms and what was your view like? I know it looks accross the car park with Mk in the distance.
I am beyond excited as this is our first Christmas trip and the contemporary is my bucket list Hotel.
Any advice or comments would be appreciated.
Old 21 Sep 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TeFiti
Trying for More Ears

Hi!
We have also booked a Contemporary Theme Park View Room for next year (albeit only for 1 night!) and have looked into this. We probably won't put in a room request as all the views look amazing (and we ended up getting the opposite of our room request for POR this year anyway). However, I have read that:
- Rooms start from 6th floor upwards
- TPV rooms end in 25 - 48. 48 being the closest to the Park, 25 the garden wing
- Odd number rooms are arranged so that the bed is facing the park, so you can watch the fireworks in bed if you so wish.
So people like to request a high odd number... we will just take our chances
This site is also helpful:
touringplans/hotel_maps/...mporary-resort
TeFiti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

Have spent 2 one week hols there
It’s our resort of choice

First time 11 floor, second 9 floor both TPV

To be honest your on the right side and no room has a bad view

Any other questions about the resort please ask, I have become a bit of a geek about the resort!
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’re going for a week club level theme park view for our delayed silver wedding trip (now being gate crashed by our adult kids). Look forward to hearing how your trip goes as never stayed there before. Will be amazing at Christmas!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

How amazing, what a great room and hotel.

I would suspect that every room with a Theme Park View has a Theme Park View, and knowing what I do about the hotel, this would be across the car park.

Full report and pics when you are done!

Disney332
Old 21 Sep 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Thanks everyone
Originally Posted by TeFiti View Post
Hi!
We have also booked a Contemporary Theme Park View Room for next year (albeit only for 1 night!) and have looked into this. We probably won't put in a room request as all the views look amazing (and we ended up getting the opposite of our room request for POR this year anyway). However, I have read that:
- Rooms start from 6th floor upwards
- TPV rooms end in 25 - 48. 48 being the closest to the Park, 25 the garden wing
- Odd number rooms are arranged so that the bed is facing the park, so you can watch the fireworks in bed if you so wish.
So people like to request a high odd number... we will just take our chances
This site is also helpful:
touringplans/hotel_maps/...mporary-resort
That's really interesting about the odd numbered rooms. I had read it is better to be above the 9th floor but unsure as to why that is.

Originally Posted by kevin_cambs_uk View Post
Have spent 2 one week hols there
It’s our resort of choice

First time 11 floor, second 9 floor both TPV

To be honest your on the right side and no room has a bad view

Any other questions about the resort please ask, I have become a bit of a geek about the resort!
It looks amazing. Could you see the Electrical water pagent from your room? I'm assuming you can but not when it is actually at the Contemporary.
Also have you been to the Wave? We have that booked for Christmas night as we were struggling to get a reservation at California Grill as we only booked up a month ago.

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
We’re going for a week club level theme park view for our delayed silver wedding trip (now being gate crashed by our adult kids). Look forward to hearing how your trip goes as never stayed there before. Will be amazing at Christmas!
That will be truly amazing. I'm assuming if we did Disney for our silver wedding our ds would still want to be in on the act even though he will be 19 by then.

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
How amazing, what a great room and hotel.

I would suspect that every room with a Theme Park View has a Theme Park View, and knowing what I do about the hotel, this would be across the car park.

Full report and pics when you are done!

Disney332
Thanks. I'll be doing a live food report as usual so I'll put photos in that. I was toying with doing my first full proper trip report as well, as there is not too more over Christmas and New Year, but trying to think how much time that might take.
Old 21 Sep 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We’ve stayed at the Contemporary over Christmas before and it’s magical. Any of the TP rooms will give you a view of MK and the fireworks and you’ll also see the electric water pageant from a distance. It you want to see it close up you can walk out to the boat dock.

My only request would be for a high floor as you’d bet a slightly better view. My favourite thing is to sit out on your balcony and watch the ferry and listen to the whistle from the steam train.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
We loved the Atrium Club, there’s a CM called LouAnne and she’s one of the nicest CM’s we’ve ever met in all our visits

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreamer1977
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We had one night in a TPV room last year, I would request high floor as we had problems with workmen shouting at each other on the monorail station ☹️
The view was lovely and we watched hallowishes from our balcony, just unlucky with being woken up before 6 am
Dreamer1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post

I wouldn’t bother with a room request. You have already booked TPV and that is what you will get.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List