Notices
General Chat
people giving you 'advice'

• 22 Sep 18, 10:38 AM
    Gill H
    VIP Dibber
    Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • Looking back at the OP, the ‘hire a guide’ thing is sort of right. You can book a personal VIP tour and skip the lines - if you have huge amounts of money to spare!
    DLP for silver wedding!
  • 22 Sep 18, 10:56 AM
    Vikkicat
    Apprentice Imagineer
    Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List Thread Starter
  • Quote Gill H
    Looking back at the OP, the ‘hire a guide’ thing is sort of right. You can book a personal VIP tour and skip the lines - if you have huge amounts of money to spare!
    I had heard of that - but thought it was a myth, thank for for setting me straight!

Not that we could afford to do it, i'd rather use the money on doing something else, but each to their own i suppose
    will we get there? trying for BLT!
  • 22 Sep 18, 11:12 AM
    PPM
    VIP Dibber
    PPM is online now Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • We saw Warwick Davis and family at Epcot and he had his own guide. The guide also kept the selfie brigade clear of him.
  • 22 Sep 18, 11:47 AM
    sha9
    VIP Dibber
    sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • The most awkward argument I had wasn’t holiday related. I have an unusual surname and knew growing up that we were the only family in the area with it. If you had the same surname in the local area you were related to me. I argued with someone at work who insisted she knew someone who had worked there years ago called Jaqueline or something with the same surname as me. I insisted she didn’t because I would have known. It went back and forth until she eventually realised it started with the same letter and that’s where the similarity ended.
    Of course now with so much freedom of movement within Europe I wouldn’t have been quite so sure!
    Fingers crossed for the big 50 trip!
  • 22 Sep 18, 12:26 PM
    salmim
    Apprentice Imagineer
    salmim is offline Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • We've been going since 1980 maybe 25 times and she who must be obeyed still calls it Disneyland.🤣
  • 22 Sep 18, 12:41 PM
    kevin_cambs_uk
    Apprentice Imagineer
    kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • I take pleasure in quizzing these types of people and making them explain it all and then correct every mistake they do along the way
  • 22 Sep 18, 12:50 PM
    Imagineer2802
    Imagineer
    Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Reminds me of the time I was sat on a bus and overheard someone telling his friend that you could just catch a monorail from any hotel and it goes to all of the theme parks, "even Universal I think "

The day Disney transport guests to Universal, Ill know the world is ending, let alone for free!

Edited at 12:58 PM..
    Setting sail on the Disney Magic!
  • 22 Sep 18, 12:54 PM
    Imagineer2802
    Imagineer
    Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Quote Gill H
    Looking back at the OP, the ‘hire a guide’ thing is sort of right. You can book a personal VIP tour and skip the lines - if you have huge amounts of money to spare!
    Paying for a legitimate guided VIP tour (which are $300-$600 an hour by the way, with a minimum of six hours) is completely different to hiring an ex cast member illegally to use their free pass...

For starters, EX cast members don't get free passes!
    Setting sail on the Disney Magic!
  • 22 Sep 18, 01:16 PM
    PPM
    VIP Dibber
    PPM is online now Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • Quote StorybookCircus
    I can’t stand people who claim to know everything about every subject under the sun.
    That’ll be The Dibb then
DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now