Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Sep 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Looking back at the OP, the ‘hire a guide’ thing is sort of right. You can book a personal VIP tour and skip the lines - if you have huge amounts of money to spare!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Looking back at the OP, the ‘hire a guide’ thing is sort of right. You can book a personal VIP tour and skip the lines - if you have huge amounts of money to spare!
I had heard of that - but thought it was a myth, thank for for setting me straight!

Not that we could afford to do it, i'd rather use the money on doing something else, but each to their own i suppose
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We saw Warwick Davis and family at Epcot and he had his own guide. The guide also kept the selfie brigade clear of him.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The most awkward argument I had wasn’t holiday related. I have an unusual surname and knew growing up that we were the only family in the area with it. If you had the same surname in the local area you were related to me. I argued with someone at work who insisted she knew someone who had worked there years ago called Jaqueline or something with the same surname as me. I insisted she didn’t because I would have known. It went back and forth until she eventually realised it started with the same letter and that’s where the similarity ended.
Of course now with so much freedom of movement within Europe I wouldn’t have been quite so sure!
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've been going since 1980 maybe 25 times and she who must be obeyed still calls it Disneyland.🤣
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

Mobile

I take pleasure in quizzing these types of people and making them explain it all and then correct every mistake they do along the way
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge
kevin_cambs_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Reminds me of the time I was sat on a bus and overheard someone telling his friend that you could just catch a monorail from any hotel and it goes to all of the theme parks, "even Universal I think "

The day Disney transport guests to Universal, Ill know the world is ending, let alone for free!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 12:58 PM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Paying for a legitimate guided VIP tour (which are $300-$600 an hour by the way, with a minimum of six hours) is completely different to hiring an ex cast member illegally to use their free pass...

For starters, EX cast members don't get free passes!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
I can’t stand people who claim to know everything about every subject under the sun.
That’ll be The Dibb then
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List