Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumsy554
Gone all Goofy

I,ve lost track of how many times our internet is going to be " cut off in the next 24 hours"

Edited at 11:24 PM.
Mumsy554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Dizzy View Post
Oh this has reminded me to transfer £5000 to this really lovely man that I have been speaking to over the Internet. He has had such a hard time of late and desperately wants to see his son who he hasn’t seen for the past 5 years because he lives the other side of the country to him. This man and I have been speaking for the past 3 weeks and he has told me how very much he loves me and tells me we will have a beautiful life together - once I have transferred the money.
Did you see about that poor woman who did a Shirley Valentine? She met a toyboy who kindly helped her spent her divorce settlement, share of sale of family home etc and then amazingly the affair fizzled out and she was left without a pot to ≈≈≈≈ in. The worst bit was the ex-husband said it served her right, bless him!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
There has been a story about this in South Wales press. Don't know how this particular scams work, but when people are phoning back on this one they are ending up going through to members of staff at the National Assembly for Wales.

Apparently apart from the upset caused to the people who are getting this message, it is causing a great deal of stress and confusion for the random staff members who are picking up the call and don't (quite rightly) know diddly...
I thought the way it worked was if you called back you were connected to a premium rate number which will cost a fortune or they want all your bank details which unfortunately some people fall for.
I had no idea people were being put through to the Welsh Assembly which I would imagine is to stop staff doing their jobs and cause some sort of disruption.
Old 21 Jun 19, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I got a email from the tv licence offering me a refund, when do the tv licence give refunds!
Old 21 Jun 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Where I used to work we had a Nigerian desk. We had so much fraud and other “underhand” trouble with their banks, government offices and companies that we had no choice but to have a member of staff whose sole job was to scrutinise everything coming from them or going to them.

Some of the scams we stopped would make your hair stand on end.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinygog
slightly serious Dibber

OP - you're very lucky. The only contact I've had is from someone from Openreach ringing me and telling me my Broadband is not working properly. I was obviously very concerned as my Broadband is very fast and has no service issues. When I asked for their employee details, they put the phone down. I'm not sure why.

My FIL also had a call from Openreach to say his Broadband is not working properly. That was even more amazing, as he doesn't even have Broadband.

WDW: 2002, 2004 & 2008
DLP: 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2017 (Xmas) & 2018
Tinygog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ambermark View Post
I had a very similar email! Except apparently I was wrestling with myself I didn’t pay so I should probably start sending out the apology emails now

Like others have said though it is sad that people do get taken in by these kind of things. More than once I’ve had a message fro my mum asking ‘does this look like a real message’ my answer is always no.
oh no - i had this exact email. i am now now worried as i ignored it! have you a template email you are sending on? if so can i borrow it - i really don't know how to phrase 'sorry you watched me interacting with myself watching dubious internet pages? '
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List