Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Sep 19, 04:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

Try sea bands. I used to get this and started wearing sea bands and never had it again
Picklepuppy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

my DD 5 gets this, and it’s always on landing, you can almost guarantee that she’ll be sick either a) just we we hit the ground and we’re standing up to leave or b) the second she steps off the plane, she dreads it so much. i’ve tried almost everything now i just try to make sure she eats regardless
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mobile

My DD has trouble but it's caused by ear pain. She now wears earplanes and I give her decongestant and ibuprofen with them. I also buy Kwells travel sick pills. DD only ever feels iffy on landing inbound now but not to the extent she used to. Funny how certain directions at different points of the flight affect people.
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

Not my kids but I had this as a child, was always sick on landing. I don't think my mum helped as she used to "get me ready for landing" by putting my shoes back on, putting my cardi/coat on - and the worst thing when you feel sick is to be warm. I would try and keep cool.
I totally agree with the poster above who said not to have an empty stomach and that a little bit of carby and salty food is best. @Iluvholidays mentions plain hula hoops and I agree that's perfect, or plain pringles.
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
My son is always sick on the way out, and sometimes on the way back. Haven’t found anything to help, so always ask for extra sick bags. We have learnt our lesson with BA and always have a bag in a bag - the quality is shocking 😉.

I always get really bad sinus pains, particularly on landing coming back. I take tablets but don’t think they help too much.
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Daughter always used to be sick on take off and landing. She uses the wristbands and sturgeron. She is getting a bit better, it is usually only on landing now so hopefully she will grow out of it. We had a horrendous flight home from Orlando a couple of years ago, she started while the plane was still boarding and I thought we were going to be offloaded !
Plenty of sick bags, keep cool and water not pop.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PrincessShelly
Excited about Disney

My daughter suffers from exactly the same thing. She also suffers with terrible ear pain on descent. She had decided there was a link between the airplane food and the symptoms so won't eat the food on-board. We tried taking her own snack box this year but we still ending up with a lot of retching and unpleasantness on descent. I have put it down to tiredness and some sort of motion sickness. Earplanes have definitely helped her ears so we'll give sturgeron a try next time, hopefully that will make the travelling really stressful. Feeling a little bit bad because i've not always been that sympathetic and its obviously quite common and not just my dramatic child.
PrincessShelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DickyP
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bubblejet View Post
My daughter has always suffered from this, we have had some shocking immigration queue experiences with sickness, fainting and dizziness. This year we tried dramamine (bought in the US). Amazing. Made such a difference for her. We had the one that does make her a bit drowsy. She didn’t sleep on the way out but it helped relax her. She slept on the way back and felt so much better.
Sturgeon never made a difference unfortunately but we will use this for every flight now.
We do this with our son now, he has a strong constitution but it’s the landing that triggers, the Dramamine works. I used to be a frequent European flyer and no issues but transatlantic when descending even I feel a bit questionable. I put it down to the pressure change and the body not coping to well.
DickyP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

This also happens to me, I feel awful for most of the flight. Without fail I was always that person honking into a sick bag, once I was so bad on landing at MCO you would think I was drunk, my balance was off and could hardly walk in a straight line.

Recently I have started taking Dramamine 24hr and it works a treat, the past few times I have used this I have not been sick once nor had that constant queasy feeling. I still won't eat anything and tend to stick to water but I now feel so much better.

On the way out (am flight) will take when I get up and on the way back (pm flight) I will take after lunchtime. Both ways it lasts the whole flight, I prefer the 24hr as they are less drowsy and no need to keep taking throughout the flight.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bubblejet View Post
My daughter has always suffered from this, we have had some shocking immigration queue experiences with sickness, fainting and dizziness. This year we tried dramamine (bought in the US). Amazing. Made such a difference for her. We had the one that does make her a bit drowsy. She didn’t sleep on the way out but it helped relax her. She slept on the way back and felt so much better.
Sturgeon never made a difference unfortunately but we will use this for every flight now.
My 2 daughter’s are the exact same we bought Dramamine years ago and the only thing that works, We now stock up when we are in the USA .
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List