Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Sep 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

OK, question - we are dressing up... although we know the party doesn't officially start until 7pm we know they allow guests in from 4pm (right?) - we have standard 14-day disney tickets too as well as MNSSHP tickets, just in case.

The master plan was to spend the morning in the villa/pool, have a nice hearty lunch there, get changed and head to MK for 4pm... so...are we going to look like complete wallys by turning up in fancy dress at 4pm?
Old 19 Sep 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by MrsH070707 View Post
are we going to look like complete wallys by turning up in fancy dress at 4pm?
Not at all! We got there around 5pm and there were loads of people arriving (and already there) in fancy dress.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsH070707 View Post
OK, question - we are dressing up... although we know the party doesn't officially start until 7pm we know they allow guests in from 4pm (right?) - we have standard 14-day disney tickets too as well as MNSSHP tickets, just in case.

The master plan was to spend the morning in the villa/pool, have a nice hearty lunch there, get changed and head to MK for 4pm... so...are we going to look like complete wallys by turning up in fancy dress at 4pm?

Not at all we turned up earlier than that in full Donald Duck outfit and Maleficent including a full Cape at around 2pm for lunch at Skipper Canteen first. Have fun 😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Garyjbodle
Gone all Goofy

We never been to Magic Kingdom before and will visit it for the 1st time on 24th October and we doing the MNSSHP! I know it doesn't start at 7pm but know we can get in at 4pm. We plan to hit the rides asap. However does that mean I can use the Fastpass only once rather than the usual 3 times as I am told fastpass will stop at 6pm. So we can in theory only book one ride between 4-6 slot as you can't book a 2nd fastpass overlapping that timeslot? Is that right?

Also I was hoping it be much quieter when the party starts as the plan was to do many rides without queuing up too long as we never been before. But from this thread I understand that MNSSHP has become more crowded over the years and is so busy now that it us no better than a normal day visit. Is that also the sad truth as well?

Give we are going on 24th Oct, I expect it will be a crowded night.

Can anyone please give me any good news to cheer up?
Garyjbodle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Well... we went last night (22nd) and I was so excited but we all got a bit frustrated. Granted we arrived at 7 and left at 12.30 but in that time we did parade, fireworks and the show and met 2 lots of characters... not a single ride and no time for snacks or shopping. Queues were mental and very few staff directing people so was a bit chaotic. We did really enjoy it but we were sad it was so busy. I wanted to meet winnie and friends but queue was all round the normal meet and greet and about 10 meters or so out the side on to pavement at 10.40. Absolutely mad. We didn't get many candy stations either tbh but they did say it was a sold out night x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Garyjbodle
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thanks for your honest experience, glad you still enjoyed it but think we will feel the same which is being sad to see that the walk-in for rides is no longer a thing. I hate the fact that Disney has crowded out the MNSSHP. It should be limited tickets that at the most be a crowd rating of 5. But they have maximised $$$ by pushing it to a crowd factor of 10.

I am so incensed at spending so much for this party knowing we be lucky to get 3 rides all night and little view of the parade. Kids will probably end up moaning all night seeing all the crowd and queues.

Thanks Disney...you con me out of $$$.
Garyjbodle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Garyjbodle View Post
I know it doesn't start at 7pm but know we can get in at 4pm. We plan to hit the rides asap. However does that mean I can use the Fastpass only once rather than the usual 3 times as I am told fastpass will stop at 6pm. So we can in theory only book one ride between 4-6 slot as you can't book a 2nd fastpass overlapping that timeslot? Is that right?
I thought I replied to this but I can't see it, so apologies if it turns up twice You can get two FPs from 4pm - book one at 4pm and then one at 5pm. You'll only get half an hour for the second one but you can still book it. We did this at the first party.

I really didn't think the queues were too bad and I think the first party was a sold out one? The queues for the trick or treat were very long and that was a shock (and admittedly we didn't queue to see any characters) but the ride queues were great, I thought! 15 mins for Peter Pan and I think it was about 40 for 7DMT? We easily fitted in a few rides, snacks, shopping, parade & fireworks.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Garyjbodle
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

When did you go? This year?
Old 24 Sep 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Originally Posted by Garyjbodle View Post
When did you go? This year?
Yes, the first party in August of this year.
Old 24 Sep 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
I don't mean to make it sound like we had loads of spare time - it was run like a military operation and there was no downtime but we did it easily. We wouldn't have had time to see characters too though.