Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I feel very for everyone affected by this and being very selfish here one more source of competition gone is bad news for all of us.
Tell me about it.

Currently have 2 weeks RPR with premium flights booked next september. Cost appx. £7600 with TC.

Similar holiday with Virgin Atlantic would cost over £9300. I can get them to be roughly equal on price by flying economy - taking a serious hit on flight quality and baggage limits.

TUI are £300-400 more even taking the hit on economy flights. Haven't even checked the premium flight options... sigh.

This sucks. Fingers crossed TC pull through...
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

It's such a worrying time for many people. Not sure if anyone has seen it but Martin Lewis has posted information on MSE website today.
moneysavingexpert/ne...xtra-funding-/
Hope this helps.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

All things considered, if this was me I’d be pricing up an alternative option and then making a decision based on that if it was worth losing the deposit - for peace of mind.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Amo76
a Friend of the DIBB

Mobile

Booked package through Disney with tc flights deposit only not sure if I could book new flights or wait for disney alternatives
Amo76 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by aladdin View Post
... but the holiday has been paid in full. this is over two years of saving and im not at the luxury to be able to book something else without receiving this money back first as i don't have any credit cards that have a balance anywhere near high enough, and if said refund process takes months and months, that means that we will have no holiday booked for next year because it won't be affordable so it will mean delaying another year after having saved so hard to pay this one off in full
Once you see what happens in the next few days it may be that you could book a holiday with deposit only and pay off the balance when you get your refund through. Also back when Travel City went under with a week to go to our holiday I phoned the credit card company and got our limit increased pending the refund of the holiday cost which allowed us to book another holiday and go on the intended date. If I remember rightly it only took a few weeks to get a refund through our credit card company and depending on your financial position a short term increase in your credit card limit may be possiible.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

I'm not in anyway having a knee jerk reaction, and i fully intend to bite the bullet and wait if i have to but the holiday has been paid in full. this is over two years of saving and im not at the luxury to be able to book something else without receiving this money back first as i don't have any credit cards that have a balance anywhere near high enough, and if said refund process takes months and months, that means that we will have no holiday booked for next year because it won't be affordable so it will mean delaying another year after having saved so hard to pay this one off in full. the holiday has already been delayed as we would have been leaving today but had to push back. so my question was to see if for me personally, losing just the deposit would be less risky than having to wait months. i have little idea how long the atol process takes?

edit: i know in the grand scheme of things not having a holiday seems like a petty worry but one of the passengers really isn't very well and this may well be her last one so this trip is incredibly important to us and my insurance refuses to cover liquidation but they were also the only insurance that would cover the medical issues we needed it to without too many restrictions.
Your first post stated you'd lose your deposit (losing the deposit, unfortunately), there was no mention of full payment having been made, hence at 299 days out some replied without realising the full facts - replies you've received from some wanting to help proved to be no help.

So, for clarity, the holiday is fully paid. Ring TC direct; you may receive more clarity by contacting TC regarding monies returned under current circumstances. No idea if TC hold sufficient finances to refund as likely you won't be the only traveller with this/similar ideas.

Speak to your insurance, enquire should you cancel/request refund of monies now, if TC cease trading before refund monies received are you still loss covered. The reason I mention; a Dibber advised they'd bought fully refundable US to UK 'just in case' flights, according to another Dibber as the insured made a decision before a definitive 'cease trading', monies paid for those flights will not be covered.
Old 20 Sep 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

well yes, i would lose the deposit regardless of having paid in full or not, so i didn’t think it was absolutely necessary to specify. my question was “how long does the refund process take” to which some advised.
Old 20 Sep 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

well yes, i would lose the deposit regardless of having paid in full or not, so i didn’t think it was absolutely necessary to specify. my question was “how long does the refund process take” to which some advised.
Of course you need to be specific, why do you think so many of us replied based on believing you were only going to lose your deposit! As for the refund process, nobody knows, some advise personal experience/possible guesstimate but nothing set in stone. Speak to TC, and your insurer, to be fully au fait of consequences if you intend to take action before an official statement is made.