Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 21 Sep 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Mobile 14 day unlimited - Cancellation

Hi

I have 5 adult 14 day unlimited Disney tickets, these were bought direct from Disney website. I have my confirmation letter and have to collect them in person from the park with some ID

With the recent Thomas cook nightmare, if they go bust we can not afford to go anymore 😭 we got our flights cheap , and the prices to rebook with another company would cost me an extra £200+ per person , and we can not afford that.
I can cancel
Accommodation, and hopefully claim fight money back via section 75 credit card , itís just these tickets!

I only bloody bought them last week as well, we were supposed to go 11th May 2020 until 25th May.

Sorry for rambling my main question is can I transfer these to someone else? Can I sell them? Refund them? Anything? 😭😭
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
#2
Sweets
VIP Dibber
 
Sweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Mobile

Contact Disney and ask. Iím sure theyíll be able to help.

I hope everything works out for the best.
__________________

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Rosen Plaza, 16 nts off site ~ May 2020

Instagram ~ @fee.runs
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Pottery
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 10
from the disney T&C. Sorry

We do not give refunds for Ticket only Bookings.
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
Owens3116
Thread Starter
Trading Disney Pins
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Mobile

Thank you for your replyís, itís heart breaking 😭 I just donít know what to do - can you transfer them into someone elseís name I wonder? Iím going to wait and see if we have the official notice from Thomas cook - then start crying ...
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Sweets
VIP Dibber
 
Sweets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11
Mobile

Just wait and see. You donít know what might happen. You might find that you can go at a different time. An indirect flight deal might come up, Disney would probably let you adjust your dates.

I canít imagine the panic youíre going through with all of the uncertainty. But at this point itís all just speculation. And Disney may have some exceptions all things considered. We just donít know at this point.
__________________

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Rosen Plaza, 16 nts off site ~ May 2020

Instagram ~ @fee.runs
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
colin39
Imagineer
 
colin39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06
Location: sunny canvey island
Mobile

Book them with norwegian, we have just returned with them, flew with them lastbyear and will be booking flights again for next year. Good luck
__________________
till we meet again over rainbow bridge mikey. Rip
colin39 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
#7
chmurf
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Dec 12
Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Book them with norwegian, we have just returned with them, flew with them lastbyear and will be booking flights again for next year. Good luck
well ... Norwegian are in search of 380 millions, and even though their debt seems to have been pushed back 2 years, it still needs to compare with TC going to liquidation for 220 millions of debt ...

I'm not sure OP would want to bet their upcoming holidays on a company that's in an even worst shape than the one they had booked with, and has just gone bust.


now OP, it's still a long time before your planned holiday. So is there any kind of hope a solution could come up for you to still go ? never give up hope

as far as tickets go, if they're standalone, and have been linked to MDX, you might be able to transfer them by having another person's MDX account linked to yours (friends) and then transfer tickets over
But I cannot 100% guarantee that

third party ticket brokers offer cancellation for a fee. Look at the T&Cs on your invoice from disney

if they're part of a package (hotel+ticket) then cancelling the package will auto cancel the tickets, but there will also be penalties


just make sure your vacation plans are really undoable, because when a news like the one you got with TC going out of business, it's easy to be discouraged and go, like the cartoon character "we're all gonna die" when in fact you just need to sit down, breathe in, and weigh your options calmly

you sure don't want to rush the tickets cancellation, to find yourself in a few months, realising you could still go, but you'd need more money to buy the tickets again ... and you can't ...

don't rush things.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
#8
Nimbus
Imagineer
 
Nimbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10
Location: South Manchester

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As mentioned above, you may decide to rebook your holiday with someone else. In which case, you may want to keep those tickets.

Otherwise, contact Disney first and see if you can either transfer the tickets or cancel the tickets and get a refund. However, their Ts&Cs do say that they don't refund, so you may be unlucky.

Finally, try to claim on your insurance. Because TC have gone bust then you may be able to claim for other things - such as excursions and tickets - that you can no longer use. It will depend on what's covered in your insurance.
__________________
DLC: Jun 1995 // DLP: Aug 2013 // WDW: Dec 1997 | Feb 2000 | Mar 2001 | Feb 2006 | Oct 2010 | May 2012 | Aug 2014 | Apr 2016 | Aug 2020

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
#9
Disney_time
Imagineer
 
Disney_time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 06
Location: Glasgow

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
First if all, I'd see what WDW customer services says. If over the phone, ask for it in writing, hopefully a full refund.

Second look out your insurance. Are you covered for end supplier failure? Surely that would cover all the arrangements you have made for the holiday even though its DIY.

Thirdly, if you can't cancel the passes, hang off for a few months. Look at BA holidays. (Not flight only) You can book a package of flight and car for deposit only and not need to pay balance until 5 weeks before. They usually have a sale in Dec/Jan and you might be surprised at the prices.

But I think you have time to wait and see for a few weeks.
__________________
Disney_time is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
chmurf
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Dec 12
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Finally, try to claim on your insurance. Because TC have gone bust then you may be able to claim for other things - such as excursions and tickets - that you can no longer use. It will depend on what's covered in your insurance.
I'd be very interested to know what policy or company would cover this, under the current circumstances

I mean, OP's trip is scheduled to take place in over 7 months.

So a flight cancellation, with such an advance notice, does not prevent the insured from finding a way to get to their destination

It's not like flight has been cancelled a couple of days prior, or if OP had already been in the US and got their flight home cancelled.
Then it's full on insurance claim

but, here, with over 7 months to go, would any insurance company pay for cancellations when there is still loads of time to get refunded and book elsewhere ... and pay solely on the grounds that the insured fears they won't be able to find a flight in the same price bracket ...

Well, It doesn't hurt to ask, and if you don't ask then you shall never get ...

but, I would not hold too much hope regarding insurance.
A couple of days out, definitely, but more than 7 months out, I'm quite pessimistic.

Cancellation this far out would probably be considered a voluntary move on the part of the insured, and therefore be excluded from the guarantees
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Hong Kong Disneyland
On 22nd September 8:15am
After initially reopening on 18th June Hong Kong Disneyland had to close again a month... Read More »
Posted in Disney Games
On 19th September 10:43am
Hasbro has released a new version of Disney Villains Monopoly that will bring out the... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 18th September 9:02am
Disney has confirmed that that their two water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach will... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
CaxtonFX  $1.2414
Covent Garden FX  $1.2655
John Lewis  $1.2481
M&S  $1.2259
Post Office  $1.2239
Sainsburys  $1.2403
TESCO  $1.2427
Travelex  $1.2400
Updated: 15:30 24/09/2020
Euro Rates
CaxtonFX  €1.0660
Covent Garden FX  €1.0809
John Lewis  €1.0709
M&S  €1.0516
Post Office  €1.0501
Sainsburys  €1.0651
TESCO  €1.0669
Travelex  €1.0622
Updated: 15:30 24/09/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now