Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Sep 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile 14 day unlimited - Cancellation

Hi

I have 5 adult 14 day unlimited Disney tickets, these were bought direct from Disney website. I have my confirmation letter and have to collect them in person from the park with some ID

With the recent Thomas cook nightmare, if they go bust we can not afford to go anymore 😭 we got our flights cheap , and the prices to rebook with another company would cost me an extra £200+ per person , and we can not afford that.
I can cancel
Accommodation, and hopefully claim fight money back via section 75 credit card , it’s just these tickets!

I only bloody bought them last week as well, we were supposed to go 11th May 2020 until 25th May.

Sorry for rambling my main question is can I transfer these to someone else? Can I sell them? Refund them? Anything? 😭😭
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Contact Disney and ask. I’m sure they’ll be able to help.

I hope everything works out for the best.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottery
Imagineer

from the disney T&C. Sorry

We do not give refunds for Ticket only Bookings.
Pottery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Thank you for your reply’s, it’s heart breaking 😭 I just don’t know what to do - can you transfer them into someone else’s name I wonder? I’m going to wait and see if we have the official notice from Thomas cook - then start crying ...
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Just wait and see. You don’t know what might happen. You might find that you can go at a different time. An indirect flight deal might come up, Disney would probably let you adjust your dates.

I can’t imagine the panic you’re going through with all of the uncertainty. But at this point it’s all just speculation. And Disney may have some exceptions all things considered. We just don’t know at this point.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Book them with norwegian, we have just returned with them, flew with them lastbyear and will be booking flights again for next year. Good luck
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Book them with norwegian, we have just returned with them, flew with them lastbyear and will be booking flights again for next year. Good luck
well ... Norwegian are in search of 380 millions, and even though their debt seems to have been pushed back 2 years, it still needs to compare with TC going to liquidation for 220 millions of debt ...

I'm not sure OP would want to bet their upcoming holidays on a company that's in an even worst shape than the one they had booked with, and has just gone bust.

now OP, it's still a long time before your planned holiday. So is there any kind of hope a solution could come up for you to still go ? never give up hope

as far as tickets go, if they're standalone, and have been linked to MDX, you might be able to transfer them by having another person's MDX account linked to yours (friends) and then transfer tickets over
But I cannot 100% guarantee that

third party ticket brokers offer cancellation for a fee. Look at the T&Cs on your invoice from disney

if they're part of a package (hotel+ticket) then cancelling the package will auto cancel the tickets, but there will also be penalties

just make sure your vacation plans are really undoable, because when a news like the one you got with TC going out of business, it's easy to be discouraged and go, like the cartoon character "we're all gonna die" when in fact you just need to sit down, breathe in, and weigh your options calmly

you sure don't want to rush the tickets cancellation, to find yourself in a few months, realising you could still go, but you'd need more money to buy the tickets again ... and you can't ...

don't rush things.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
As mentioned above, you may decide to rebook your holiday with someone else. In which case, you may want to keep those tickets.

Otherwise, contact Disney first and see if you can either transfer the tickets or cancel the tickets and get a refund. However, their Ts&Cs do say that they don't refund, so you may be unlucky.

Finally, try to claim on your insurance. Because TC have gone bust then you may be able to claim for other things - such as excursions and tickets - that you can no longer use. It will depend on what's covered in your insurance.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
First if all, I'd see what WDW customer services says. If over the phone, ask for it in writing, hopefully a full refund.

Second look out your insurance. Are you covered for end supplier failure? Surely that would cover all the arrangements you have made for the holiday even though its DIY.

Thirdly, if you can't cancel the passes, hang off for a few months. Look at BA holidays. (Not flight only) You can book a package of flight and car for deposit only and not need to pay balance until 5 weeks before. They usually have a sale in Dec/Jan and you might be surprised at the prices.

But I think you have time to wait and see for a few weeks.
Old 23 Sep 19, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Finally, try to claim on your insurance. Because TC have gone bust then you may be able to claim for other things - such as excursions and tickets - that you can no longer use. It will depend on what's covered in your insurance.
I'd be very interested to know what policy or company would cover this, under the current circumstances

I mean, OP's trip is scheduled to take place in over 7 months.

So a flight cancellation, with such an advance notice, does not prevent the insured from finding a way to get to their destination

It's not like flight has been cancelled a couple of days prior, or if OP had already been in the US and got their flight home cancelled.
Then it's full on insurance claim

but, here, with over 7 months to go, would any insurance company pay for cancellations when there is still loads of time to get refunded and book elsewhere ... and pay solely on the grounds that the insured fears they won't be able to find a flight in the same price bracket ...

Well, It doesn't hurt to ask, and if you don't ask then you shall never get ...

but, I would not hold too much hope regarding insurance.
A couple of days out, definitely, but more than 7 months out, I'm quite pessimistic.

Cancellation this far out would probably be considered a voluntary move on the part of the insured, and therefore be excluded from the guarantees
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List