Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 10, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Belle
slightly serious Dibber

I watched a lot of videos (if not all) on the Disney Parks channel on Youtube. From what I can gather "Summer Nightastic" was a success in Disneyland last year so it stands to reason they would want to try it in WDW. I think it will be nice to see something different for a change as Spectro and Wishes have been running for so long. They wont permanently get rid of them if the 'Summer Nightastic' doesn't work surely? It doesn't make sense to do so. With Illuminations they are just changing the ending so I can't see a problem with that. I'm hoping that they will still be running late September when we go so that I can judge for myself. Much as I do love Wishes and Spectromagic, from a business point of view, you need to shake things up every so often to stay 'current' ( as a certain Mr Cowell would say) We'll have to see how it goes

Louise xx

P.S I'm sure I saw something about later opening hours for the Animal Kingdom over the summer too and is anything happening over at Hollywood Studio's? I thought I saw something but could be mistaken...
Princess Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 10, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
spoony
Apprentice Imagineer

spoony's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tink1980 View Post
I hope wishes is back by the time we go in August! I was gonna use this year to wish for a tall, dark (or fair not really fussy )handsome stranger to come my way 'cause we all know Disney wishes come true right? LOL!

Seriously though, am gutted about this, love spectro and wishes is always my holiday highlight!
Unfortunately you're not in luck, it will at least be gone until September.

Try blowing all your birthday candles out in one breath and wishing. It never works but at least you have some cake.
September 2024 Last family trip to WDW
spoony is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 10, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
laurafoz
Excited about Disney

laurafoz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have never been to Disney at all and was soooo excited to see Tinkerbell come down from castle, my 3 year old is obsessed with her and at least thought id be able to keep her awake for the night parades if i told her tink would be there! We are gutted!

Saratoga Springs, 1BDV, for 2 weeks, May 2012 xxx Lodge with hot tub Dacrepark, Yorkshire, June 2011 Disney Orlando dream holiday 3 weeks ,villa at Davenport, June 2010, most amazing holiday EVER!
laurafoz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 10, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrsHefsUK View Post
Nooooo! We are going end of May through to 12th June so looks like we will be missing Wishes and Spectromagic. Saw the ELP years ago when I was a little girl so it will be nice to bring back some memories but gutted for my sister and parents who have never seen W or S. So disappointed that we won't see Wishes... love that...pure Disney magic.
We are going the same time. Gutted wanted to spend my 40th at the the Californian Grill and then look out for the lights. So looking forward to the fireworks, very sad now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 10, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The “Main Street Electrical Parade” lights up the streets of Magic Kingdom and headlines a season of after-dark excitement coming to Walt Disney World Resort.
“After the sun goes down, our Walt Disney World parks will light up the night with ‘Summer Nightastic!’, ” announced Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort, at a media event Wednesday.

Disney magic will shine and shimmer in a whole new light. Here’s a look around:
  • With floats and characters appearing for the first time at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” returns with its joyous sights and sounds. Direct from Disneyland and marking its first engagement in Florida since 2001, the cherished parade will be led by Tinker Bell waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new float. Pinocchio and Snow White join the parade this summer, aboard bright new floats. Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” is set for its summer-long nighttime premiere in early June at Magic Kingdom.
  • The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror welcomes “drop-ins” this summer with even more pulse-racing surprises. New lighting effects and the addition of a new drop sequence, created especially for “Summer Nightastic!”, will bring unexpected frights to guests who step into that infamous service elevator. If they dare.
  • What could be more summery than fireworks on a star-studded night? Magic Kingdom will treat guests to a special summer fireworks spectacular. The night sky will explode in vivid colors and brilliant visual effects as whimsical music fills the air.
  • Other fun! The return of the Sounds Like Summer concert series to Epcot and extended evening hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom several times a week add up to summer fun as only Disney can do – at all four Walt Disney World theme parks.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6_09_DLR_10043558611862.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	790.5 KB
ID:	21036   Click image for larger version

Name:	6_09_DLR_10051958736365.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	21037   Click image for larger version

Name:	6_09_DLR_10099358851134.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	592.7 KB
ID:	21038  
Old 15 Feb 10, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by laurafoz View Post
We have never been to Disney at all and was soooo excited to see Tinkerbell come down from castle, my 3 year old is obsessed with her and at least thought id be able to keep her awake for the night parades if i told her tink would be there! We are gutted!
The new fireworks will still have Tinkerbell coming down from the castle as they are the Music, Magic and Mayhem fireworks form the pirate and princess party.
2001 - Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 - Old Key West Resort 2007 - Sequoia Lodge (DLRP) 2008 - Santa Fe (DLRP) 2010 - Mickeys Sunrise Villa (Sunrise Lakes Dibb Villa) 2011 - Hotel New York (DLRP) 2013 - Orlando Primrose Villa (Lindfields Dibb Villa)
DisneyFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 10, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread