Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Mar 12, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Morning Ladies!

Didn't have time to catch up with the posts on here last night as it was my auntie's birthday so went there for dinner, lasagne with lots of salad and one half slice of garlic bread, then I left Scotty and my Nan there while I went to body combat, I had missed that! Then went back to pick them all up, and had a slice of chocolate birthday cake! Cals were ok but naughty cals I know, back to good today though! I was so busy at work I forgot to snack yesterday so food for me was:

B - weetabix and flaxseed
L - rotisserie chicken and roasted veg (Went out with work)
S - apple on the way home
D - lasagne and salad
P - cake

Tonight we are going back to my auntie's for dinner as our house is really starting to get us down While we were away they removed all of the tiles so now we have a bare concrete floor but it is still damp so the house stinks, it has now started to go through into the kitchen and our saucepan cupboard as there are white patches on everything, just seems like we haven't got anywhere and the damp os still rising so we can't help but think it is somethign major?! Hopefully the plumber will come round today to at least try and drill through teh concrete and identify the problem. then we can sort fixing it all. So horrible as we are in such a mess, both spare bedrooms filled with everythign from downstairs as we had to move it all, then 2 airers of washign trying to get up to date with that from holiday, so we live out of the bedroom, as even kitchen is now starting to get ruined Sorry to moan girlies, just so horrible!

Nat - happy birthday to Matt! Hope you 2 have a lovely day together and enjoy the sun, your food and exercise all sounds great and on track after a bit of a treat for the birthday boy! Your interval training sounds fab, I do that too on the treadmill but from 8 to 11 only! How did you find spinning while I was away?! lol. Glad you can see the difference in your photos, well done chick!

Amy - well done on your loss, you are so close to target now, you can do it! Great determination takign your pasta, good job! Why is Scott going there? Hope he has fun! You are so close to your trip now eeeekkkkkk!

Yvonne - well done on STS, not a gain my lovely and 2% fat gone! Wow your workout sounds like biggest looser style! Glad you have nice new trainers now and what a bargain, listen to Gordon and don't undo any of your hard work as you too are so close to your target now too, look how far you have come! I too am a slow runner, normally stick to around 8 on the treadmill if I want to run for half hour, higher if doing intervals but nice and steady when I am running!

I am not booked on any exercise classes tonight as me and Scott want to try and sort the house out a bit and get an early night as it was gone 11pm last night after we had stressed about our pooorly house so knackered today! Going to my auntys for dinner, she is cooking roast beef with lots of veg, just nice for us to sit at a table to eat then on a sofa! Then we will go home early as Scott wants to watch football anyway so nice early bed for me with my book

Will pop back on at lunch time I hope to report on food.

I promise to get my trippy started ASAP, just need to fix the house first sorry girlies!

Yvonne - can you PM me your address please and I will send up your bridal ears!

Tabz and Soph - are you ok if I bring yours to teh wedding fair?

Nat - I will bring your cufflinks in April when we come down to Bournemouth xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 12, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Wow, you ladies are soooo quiet

Emz, I'm so sorry to hear about the house, I was hoping it'd be at least close to sorted by the time you got back. That's so rubbish. Thinking of you lots! You'll be glad for your weekend break down in Bournemouth!

I saw you, Soph and Tabz are meeting at a wedding fayre...which one? There's so many on right now!

Just got back from the Chinese and I feel gross. I just counted 1000 cals. Today has been lovely...we had breakfast in bed (yoghurt, granola), then went out for a walk from home along the beach to Bournemouth, had some chips from Harry Ramsdens, then a walk around the shops, then a Mr Whippy on the way back home, and we also stopped for a drink at a bar on the beach too and sat outside. My arms and face got a bit rosy. It's been so lovely. Then came home for a couple of hours before heading out for the Chinese. Had some starters, then soup and 2 duck pancakes, a couple of main dishes (not a lot) and then a small spoon of pavlova and 3 chocolate fountain marshmallows. I feel ming and can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow and get back to normal food. Planning beans on wholemeal toast for brunch and then pulled pork for dinner, a light day. We're walking from home to Sandbanks beach tomorrow afternoon which will be nice too. Can't wait!

Right, best get back to birthday boy, byeee! xx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 12, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Morning! Quiet on here yesterday.

Nat - glad you and Matt had a lovely day and the weather is fab for your week off! Me and Tabz are going to a wedding fair in Essex I think but Sophie has arranged it. Can't wait to pick up my sparkly shoes! Shame you live so far away as you could of come with us too!

yes we cannot wait for Bournemouth now, especially as the latest with the insurance is that they will send someone out on Monday morning to have another look. taking so long! My mum is going to try and escalate it today (She is the broker) and if they can't come out sooner we may have to move into a hotel until it is fixed... which will be good to get away from it all but I think a bit of hassle having to pack etc. Hope you enjoy your gym session today!

As for me food yesterday was:
B - weetabix
L - salad with chicken
S - Dr Karg cracker
D - roast beef with loads of veg (carrots, green beans, cabbage, broccoli and sweetcorn) roast potatoes and mini yorkshire, yummy! Nice to have some homecooked proper english food after holiday! lol
P - half a slice of cake with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries

Planning to go for a run after work tonight to take advantage of the nice weather

Hope you all have good days! xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 12, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Morning everyone

I can't even begin to tell you how manic it has been here... I'm suppose to be in a team of 4 ppl and between us we perform 2 completely seperate functions... well my teammate hasn't fully transitioned yet so he's been stolen by his other team for quarter end, and my other two teammates who do a totally different job to me, one on holidays and the other off sick... so I'm all alone! The other job is more urgent than my own so I've been doing that all week and man I hate it :/ ANYWAY!

Cant' remember if I posted on Saturday morning but only a 1lb loss for me this week - might be plateu'ing already! Had a few not so good food days.. the numbers didn't look too bad on my MFP but I still felt bad and really hungry... so hoping to get back on track properly this week

Welcome back Emz! Can't wait to catch up I'm sooo sorry that your house is still so poorly, damn water being in places it should be if there's anything i can do please let me know xx

Nat - if you could make it that would be great if you could come too! I know it's hardly around the corner for you tho I'd love to stuff my face with a chinese but I know what you mean, I'm sure I would feel horrible for it. Only been out for dinner twice since I started on the whole weight loss journey, both times to wagamamas, and their chicken ramen doesn't come up too bad on cals, only 425 which I don't think is too bad. I had the seafood one last time which should be less due to the veggie broth rather than the chicken/pork one - thanks Kel for the tip!

Yvonne - I'm trying to run as well, am up to week 2 of the couch 2 5 k... omg it killed me on monday night after work - but I have my gear with me again today so heading straight to the park before I go home.. coz once I'm home thats it, no more going out for me hehe

Kel - thanks for the mention Gym hunting has kind of stalled, but I have found out that my local gym which is run by the council or something like that... well you can get referred to it by your GP and get the membership for buttons, so I think I'm going to do that. You have to do 10 PT sessions before you can use the rest of the gym but I think that will be good for me, so next time I'm at the docs going to hook me up! Trying to watch my quantities as you said, would be so much easier if everything came in one portion servings hehe. I do love italian food, I make all my sauces from scratch if I can, which is more often than not, and pack them full of veggies. We usually have fresh egg taglatelli, hardly ever used freeze dried stuff. But I've started just doing pasta for the kids and Paul and I will have our sauce on a baked potato instead, which is delish!
Not booked Harry Potter yet, but hoping to in the next week or so when Paul gets paid (we kinda broke my pay on wedding jewellery hehe), One of the girls at work's son has already been, got to go to a preview day with his school and said it was unbelieveable so I can't wait!

Food for me today:
B - porridge
S - yogurt
L - salad with tuna mayo
S - 2 x cheese ricecakes
D - boglanaise sauce on baked potatos

Hope everyone has a great day xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 12, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hello ladies! very quiet on here, everyone out enjoying the sun?

i headed up to stirling on monday and went to frankie and benny's for tea! i have to say it was amazing, had a cajun chicken pasta bake and a cinnimon waffle... not really the best choices but i was in such a florida mood because of the sun... oh well!

yesterday was slightly better, went to the local safari park and drove through the lions and other animals, was like Kilimanjaro Safaris, only we saw about 8 lions instead of one and a baby too! was awesome. the sealion show wasn't quite seaworld though

went to sainsburys where me and Scott bought the majority of our toiletries for florida! i've got a few things still to get, like make up and stuff but the majority is done.
i also bought a new bra, a 32E, as NONE of my bras fit me anymore, so i threw them all out except one, a 32G! but i need to have one to where while the other is getting washed. don't want to spend too much money right now because with half a stone to lose, i might lose some more boob!

also ordered three pairs of crocs flip flops from amazon to try. the promo code easter25 will get you 25% off at the checkout btw! and ordered a shirt and shorts from hollister in the sale.
working lots of overtime at the moment and worked out for feb, march and april it's £820, so thrilled, and that just leaves £180 extra for spending money, which i have in my piggy bank!

so back on track for me today, really tired from lots of walking so not going to do jillian today, going to start studying! and then working in the afternoon!

nats, lots of naughty food like me! but glad you are looking forward to getting back to the gym, although your day sounds bliss!

emz, must be rubbish being back at work hope the insurance goes ok!

Tabz, well done on the loss! 1lb is NOT platueing! that's a lot of people's weekly goals! sorry to hear you are feeling hungry, i had that a few weeks ago too, i think kel would say watch you suger? i don't have you on MFP, so don't actually know what you are eating, but i would check the sugar because apparently that can make you crave more food when you aren't hungry. hope that helps, i'm sure one of the others girls will be better!

i have also been a bit sad about coming home from florida recently, i asked scott about a 2013 trip... and he didn't say no! i', currently thinking just 10 nights with just QSDP, but we'll see, we probably can't afford it! but oh well.

scott is away today to the World Championships of Curling, as team Scotland, wish them luck!
Old 28 Mar 12, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi girls sorry I've been totally AWOL just don't have time for anything lately and the laptop charger has gone missing so replying on the DIBB is a pain when I'm on my phone

Nat it's the wedding fayre I'm organising in may (eeek freaking out about it now lol) such a shame you live so far away it would have been great if you could come down too

Sorry to hear about the house em that
Sucks - hopefully they hurry up and get it sorted for you quickly.
That's fine to bring the ears to the fayre hun

Everyone else looks like they're doing really well so keep it up guys. I'm not weighing in now for another month as I'm focusing on my inhes rather than weight because the inches I've lost I'm so chuffed with and my body is visually changing but the scales don't reflect it as well I think and it's gettin me down so I'm going to weigh in and measure up monthly so I'll post this months when I get home later for you all then I'll post again next month with it

It's tomorrow that I'm trying on my dress too so will get some piccys on here from that!
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 12, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Feel free to add me on MFP - i'm tabzie. I'm only getting sugar from fruit and carbs, and I didn't think I was eating that much. I think it's more emotional hunger rather than actual hunger, so crappy at work at the moment so it's really not helping!

Soph - omg can't wait to see dress pics! xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 12, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TabZ View Post
Feel free to add me on MFP - i'm tabzie. I'm only getting sugar from fruit and carbs, and I didn't think I was eating that much. I think it's more emotional hunger rather than actual hunger, so crappy at work at the moment so it's really not helping!

Soph - omg can't wait to see dress pics! xxx
I emotional eat too - trying to knock it on the head and I've been good with it so far only been a couple of occasions where I've give in if I'm upset or whatever

I know me too haha I can't wait! Apart from the dream I keep having that I get there and it's miles too small!

Oh I can't believe I completely forgot to say I've signed up for a bootcamp! Haha it starts on 16th April and he holds classes on a mon weds and Saturday and I'm aiming to do all 3 in the run up to the wedding as well as Zumba. I think it'll be great for me as he runs the normal bootcamps but is now starting these regular classes for people who want to do it long term and not justa week or whatever but it's all the same stuff as in a normal boot camp really high intensity so I'm hopin it will be the difference for me and really push the weight off - Zumba is definitely toning me up and changing my body shape but I don't know of I'm actually burning fat iyswim? I'm surprised I'm
Actually really looking forward to it starting because I just can't do the gym I need someone shouting at me telling me what to do and when to do it lol!
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 12, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Morning Ladies!

Soph - hoping today goes perfectly for you. look forward to the photos! Boot camp sounds great, I went to a few classes and it was tough but haven't been since I joined the gym. Glad you are happy with your inches and not weighing in sounds good if it is only getting you down. Very excited for your fayre!

Tabz - how was your run last night? Sorry to hear work is still manic, almost the weekend my lovely! Your food sounds all good!

Amy - Hope Scott gets on well, sending him lots of pixie dust and luck! Glad you had lovely days together this week, and enjoyed the treats Well done for being on track with your spendign money, so excited for you now!

As for me, went for a run after work last night but I found it tough! I jogged for just over half an hour but only done 3km, it didn't help that I went a different route for a change, and ended up in a dead end in some garages then on long grass which made it harder lol. I should stick to my canal next time!

Food for me was:
B- yoghurt with fruit and granola, banana
L - salad with chicken
S - Goodies raspberry bar and an orange, one penut butter cup!
D - chicken in a bag with carrots, new potatoes and feta cheese, and a salad I forgot to eat Monday with my spag bol! lol
P - WW lemon and lime mousse

Cals on track

Tonight we are going to my Mum's for dinner and she is making the SW carbonara so shouldn't be too bad, I have brought my gym stuff to work to see if I can get to boxerfit (As I have paid for this gym til tomorrow haha) so fingers crossed!

We had an update on the house yesterday, the company who come out to find where the leak is comgin from had a cancellation so they were able to meet Brian at ours after picking up Scott's key bless him! So now they know where it is coming from and where to drill :S So Mum will phone them today to book the appointment to come and fix it. Hoping soon!

Hope you are all enjoying the sun! xxx

Old 29 Mar 12, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Hello everyone

Soooo quiet on here just recently!

Emz, glad to hear they have found the source! Now here's hoping it's resolved quicker than it was found! So disruptive for you!

SW carbonara sounds yum! We love carbonara but never have it as it's so bad! I'll have to look for the recipe!

Yes, shame I live too far away for the fayre! If it was London (central) I could do it on a coach/train but Essex is a bit more difficult from here! It would be fun to meet up with you girlies!

Sophie, come on! Don't keep us in suspense! How did the fitting go? Pics? Very exciting for you! Those boot camp sessions sound frightening! I often see things similar on Groupon and think those people are nuts!

So yesterday's food was within cals, I guess, but not the 'best' choices:

B - Go Ahead slices
L - beans on wholemeal toast
D - pulled pork, wholemeal roll, light coleslaw
P - slice of Matt's bday cake and a few mini eggs
TOTAL 1674
I did 50 mins in the gym and walked for 2 hours, about 6 miles.

Today's food:

B - yoghurt, granola, sultanas, raspberries
L - Harvester spit roast chicken, corn on the cob (no potato) and 2 bowls of salad with 1 spoon of dressing in total. Counted as 300 for the salad and 315 (I think) for the chicken
S - Twister ice lolly
TOTAL 961 cals
D - we're still full from lunch so just going to have some cake and maybe a bit of ice cream later I think...not the best food but controlling cals (I'm not so worried about 'quality' this week, just controlling cals going in)
I got up this morning and did Jillian NMTZ which was hard work but so worth it! I love that workout, really feel the benefits.

Tomorrow is a last minute dinner at my sister's, as my nan is now back from Florida and we're all anxious to see her! We think we'll go to the beach for a picnic (hummus for me) tomorrow during the day.

I'm so excited to get back to it next week as have not much coming up now so can really focus on weight, well, inch loss. Got good meals planned for next week:

Saturday - jambalaya
Sunday - homemade spag bol (wholewheat pasta)
Monday - pork stirfry
Tuesday - Matt's working late, so just something out of the freezer
Wednesday - undecided
Thursday - seasoned chicken breast in a wholemeal wrap with BBQ sauce and a Low Low cheese slice with salad
Friday - Fishcakes (still using up freezer stocks, excited to buy my own soon!)
Saturday - usual pasta bake
Sunday - I'm at my dad's so if weather is good, a BBQ
Monday - I'm out to see Dirty Dancing with my mum and sister, so if weather is good, we'll do a BBQ before we go, otherwise might go to Harvester so just chicken and salad again for me!

...and plenty of exercise! Alex is doing 2 Bokwa classes over easter as the studio is free, so exercise plan is:

Friday - gym/DVD
Saturday - gym/DVD
Sunday - DVD
Monday - DVD
Tuesday - Bokwa
Wednesday - rest day
Thursday - Bokwa/gym
Friday - gym
Saturday - DVD

I've upped my cal intake on MFP to 1400 as Kel said that's about right to me and Yvonne the other day, and I find the 'redness' of going over 1200 really distracting, as I like to be green, and it's in line with my BMR calculation.

I have Steps on 16th April which I'm uber excited about! Just think of the calorie burn!

Pulled pork yesterday went down a treat! It was delicious! We're going to have my sister and Dan round in a few weeks for a Florida night and have it then!

Today has been lovely. Just over 20c here so we walked down to the Harvester at 11.15am, had a couple of drinks (diet Pepsi), ordered food at 12.30pm to eat at 1pm, left at just after 2pm, and then sat on the beach til 4pm, during which time we had a lolly. Yummy! We decided on our DCL excursions today too which was fun!

We've decided on:

Grand Cayman - day at Seven Mile Beach
Cozumel - Speed Boat beach day, Catamaran trip or beach trip
Costa Maya - Catamaran trip or Jungle Beach trip

All very chilled!

Also, this week we have decided to do the Seaworld VIP day as we can't do the penguin tour, so that gets us the dining deal, FOTL all day, and VIP seating at the shows, and feeding with the dolphins, sea lions and stingrays all included, plus a couple of other backstage things. So excited to book that soon!

When we were talking about it, Matt seemed really excited, so I now know that the Wild Africa Trek will be perfect for his wedding present (even if it is before the wedding! )

Last night was a very busy wedding planning night. We:

*ordered Parisa's dress
*ordered Parisa's basket (which I'm going to add extra ribbon to), 20% off £6.40
*ordered table scatter for the Cali Grille meal
*finalised our invites (we ended up getting someone from Etsy to do a template for £12, they look awesome!)
*reserved DJ for UK Party - just got to send form back with deposit, got £100 free upgrade!

And today:

*ordered a new toaster (ours broke) - M&S sale £7!
*ordered invites from Vistaprint for less than £40 for 100 including envelopes! Bargain!

And still to do today:

*book dayroom at MCO after the cruise
*change cruise transfers
*send back DJ booking form
*order favour boxes - just waiting for custom Etsy listing to be set up

And on Sunday, we're ordering our passes from Floridatix as they have 5% off so will save some $$$

Might book the Seaworld tour and BG Serengeti Safari then too, so that's all done.

So very very busy us!

When I'm all up to date again, I'll do a full update in my pretrippie! Very happy Natalie!

That's about all from me! I think I've rambled more than enough!

I love da sunshine, oh yeah, I love the good life, oh yeah!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread