Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jun 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Carriedaydream
Excited about Disney

wearing make-up in florida

ok no judging here please but I really don't want to have my dream holiday photos without any make up on lol - I don't exactly cake it on but any tips as what sort of make-up to wear when it's going to be really hot and humid in Florida in July ?
Carriedaydream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Hello! I love my makeup and always wear it.

Do you want full face or?

I love my eye makeup and use urban decay primer potion under it.. Use it all year round. Seems to stay okay in the heat.

Foundation is a bit trickier and I'd suggest using a tinted moisturiser instead if you need it. I always carry my concealor with me and eventually just use that once I've some colour! Also I use a cream blush.

Xx

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

I used M&S DD tinted moisturiser with spf 30. Waterproof mascara and a little blusher and tinted lipbalm. It pretty much immediately sweated off but was good whilst it lasted! My hair was just a frizzy mess.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pobbypaws
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve just come back and this time I used a Factor 50 facial suncream and then just a pressed powder in top. This seemed to work well although in previous years I’ve used a tinted moisturiser but I wanted more than factor 15 this year. I then used a Boots eye shadow primer with my normal eye shadow, eyeliner and waterproof mascara. Was very impressed that it all pretty much stayed put for the day!
Pobbypaws is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My wife's a MUA and she says to make sure you have a setting spray, like "Mac fix+" and to use a baking powder under the eyes and temple's.

For foundation try Charlotte Tilbury or Huda Beauty for full coverage.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m not a make up person but find if you get your eyelashes and eyebrows tinted before you go and opt for large sunglasses then your covered day and night.
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kinggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I go with tinted and lifted lashes. I’d love to know how you can keep the make up not running off your face in the heat.

Tbh I wear make up at home but don’t bother there. A bit of tan and sunglasses makes me look presentable on the pictures 😂😂
2016 Disney - LBV
2018 Universal - Pointe Orlando
Kinggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

I always wear full make up unless at water park!.urban decay all nighter with optical illusion primer underneath,make up never moved at all and we go in August when its 100 degrees plus some days.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
AMG82
Earning More Ears

Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation and concealer and Temple Spa Matte Moisturiser as a primer! Nars Climax for Eye Glam! Had a constant blush in my cheeks just from the heat! Lip balm in my pocket and job’s a gooden! Xx
AMG82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Bare minerals powder foundation is fabulous. Wear that and bit of mascara and you'll be great.
I also wear eyeliner every day and if you want one that stays put buy the Avon Mark Gel pencils they're fantastic.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List