Notices
Theme Parks Florida
Blizzard Beach Early Closure Compensation Offered

• 10 Aug 19, 12:19 AM
    traceyt
    Imagineer
    traceyt is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • I was disappointed as I love Blizzard beach, more disappointed now Disneys confirmed to me there'll be no buses running to winter/summerland either. Don't have a car while we're there but normally love to play both courses. Seems like one thing after another this year.
    25th times a charm !
  • 10 Aug 19, 10:17 AM
    Gill H
    VIP Dibber
    Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • Quote traceyt
    I was disappointed as I love Blizzard beach, more disappointed now Disneys confirmed to me there'll be no buses running to winter/summerland either. Don't have a car while we're there but normally love to play both courses. Seems like one thing after another this year.
    Can you get an uber/lyft/minnie ban instead?

When we went they closed BB due to cold weather and also didnít run buses to Winter Summerland either - seems to be a standard thing.
    DLP for silver wedding!
  • 10 Aug 19, 10:30 AM
    traceyt
    Imagineer
  • We will get a taxi, but does seem one thing after another this year. Luckily we've been many times and the rides arent our top priority anymore, just love being there full stop lol.
    25th times a charm !
  • 11 Aug 19, 06:23 AM
    Diznee
    Proud to wear my Ears
    Diznee is offline Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • When we went in 2016 BB was due to close on 22nd October, which if I remember rightly was our 2nd day so we planned on going that day. One week before we left they decided to close on the 15th instead, I remember emailing them to express my disappointment as the water parks are a big thing for us, we don't really have them here in the UK whereas in the States they have loads.

I wasn't expecting anything free and didn't get anything, I just wanted them to know. They did ask me to call to discuss further, I didn't bother.

Instead we went to Typhoon Lagoon twice and pretty much walked onto everything.

Edited at 06:24 AM..
    Florida Part 3
  • 11 Aug 19, 10:22 AM
    Pep
    Earning More Ears
    Pep is offline Boy Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • I'd complain if I thought I'd be getting a free upgrade or anything. Don't always bother though because I'm too busy with my holiday
    Our WDW Holiday.
  • 11 Aug 19, 11:23 AM
    traceyt
    Imagineer
  • It would have to be something extremely major for me to waste any precious holiday time complaining when i'm there. Not gonna complain before going as, while it is disappointing, I know that i'll still have an amazing time.
    25th times a charm !
  • 1 Sep 19, 08:52 PM
    Beanie1
    Proud to wear my Ears
    Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Enjoy your club level! My son has autism and Blizzard Beach being closed would be the equivalent of closing Magic Kingdom for some. If you have booked your holiday around it you have every right to moan... have a lovely holiday. Xx
  • 2 Sep 19, 03:59 PM
    MILOMEG
    Proud to wear my Ears
    MILOMEG is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Quote disney_chick13
    I also complained and got given 9 anytime fastpasses per person (27 total) which I was more than happy with as it will come in handy with two littles in tow!
    Who did you speak to as we tried to call a few weeks ago regarding slightly similar issues and everyone we spoke to said it wasn't their department but didn't seem to be able to direct us to the correct number?
    The Countdown to trip 10
DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now