Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 2 Sep 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
I know, I know... there are plenty of other theme parks out there. But for most of them, I'm happy to visit once - a great, fun day but that's about it.
For me, I'm happy to revisit other theme parks as well. Here in the UK I've visited Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Gulliver's World multiple times and enjoyed them. I've visited Portaventura in Spain multiple times as well. They are all enjoyable and I've had just as good a time at, say, Portaventura as I have had at WDW.

But what is it about Disney parks (WDW or elsewhere) that makes you want to go back again despite the eye watering cost?
The reason we spend thousands on a trip to Orlando is because there are loads of theme parks in the area - far more than anywhere else. Seven main parks, four or five water parks, and that's not including those in Tampa. There's enough to easily keep you busy for 2 weeks or longer.

However, the reason I like WDW more than the others is because the WDW parks are better than the rest. The theming is better, the atmosphere is better, the hospitality is (usually) better. The Universal parks are almost as good though.

Plus, there's an element of nostalgia - not just with visiting WDW but with visiting Orlando in general. Having said that, there's nostalgia in visiting the other parks elsewhere as well. It's just different nostalgia.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 2 Sep 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
The reason we spend thousands on a trip to Orlando is because there are loads of theme parks in the area - far more than anywhere else. Seven main parks, four or five water parks, and that's not including those in Tampa. There's enough to easily keep you busy for 2 weeks or longer.

However, the reason I like WDW more than the others is because the WDW parks are better than the rest. The theming is better, the atmosphere is better, the hospitality is (usually) better. The Universal parks are almost as good though.
Agree 100% with this!

However for me, I could not say I've had as much as a good time visiting for instance Alton Towers. I can't comment about Port Aventura as I have not been there - looks fun though.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gran Destino Tower Adventure!
Unread 2 Sep 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie 12
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I agree with all comments it is the most wonderful place we have ever been cant wait to go back
minnie 12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
another 4 weeks yippie!
Unread 2 Sep 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Agree 100% with this!

However for me, I could not say I've had as much as a good time visiting for instance Alton Towers. I can't comment about Port Aventura as I have not been there - looks fun though.
It's actually a few years since I've been to Alton Towers. However, for a day out it used to be fun and I enjoyed it. I celebrated my 40th birthday there!

However, I could not spend 2 weeks there though. Mind you, if Orlando only had one Disney theme park then I don't think I'd spend two weeks there either. In fact, I probably wouldn't visit Orlando if there was just one theme park there.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 2 Sep 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

For me its making the memories with the kids, the fact we spend the whole holiday laughing and having fun. I love their faces at how magical it is and how you leave everything at home and just have good old fun. The atmosphere for me cannot be matched anywhere in the world.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally heading back to the magic
Unread 2 Sep 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Very Serious Dibber

The look on my grandchildrens faces, the way it makes me feel like a child again. How even the simplest of things can bring me pleasure, a dole whip float, a cinnamon roll, a grandchild slipping their hand in mine urging me to hurry up to the next ride. Sheer joy.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait to get there!
Unread 2 Sep 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

This is interesting, as the title of the thread states 'Disney Parks'.

For me, it's Florida as a whole (well Orlando), due to the numerous amount of theme parks, the fantastic weather, living in a villa for two weeks and just generally doing something totally different from other holidays.

I've been to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris and wouldn't be in any rush to return - but the 'draw' that Disney World has is like a drug that you never get tired of and each holiday always provides more memories time and time again.
Unread 2 Sep 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kingphil View Post
I've been to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris and wouldn't be in any rush to return - but the 'draw' that Disney World has is like a drug that you never get tired of and each holiday always provides more memories time and time again.
I've been to both too, and I'm only interested to go back to Disneyland at some stage... but WDW always win so far!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gran Destino Tower Adventure!