Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Sep 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

For me its making the memories with the kids, the fact we spend the whole holiday laughing and having fun. I love their faces at how magical it is and how you leave everything at home and just have good old fun. The atmosphere for me cannot be matched anywhere in the world.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

The look on my grandchildren’s faces, the way it makes me feel like a child again. How even the simplest of things can bring me pleasure, a dole whip float, a cinnamon roll, a grandchild slipping their hand in mine urging me to hurry up to the next ride. Sheer joy.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

This is interesting, as the title of the thread states 'Disney Parks'.

For me, it's Florida as a whole (well Orlando), due to the numerous amount of theme parks, the fantastic weather, living in a villa for two weeks and just generally doing something totally different from other holidays.

I've been to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris and wouldn't be in any rush to return - but the 'draw' that Disney World has is like a drug that you never get tired of and each holiday always provides more memories time and time again.
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kingphil View Post
I've been to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris and wouldn't be in any rush to return - but the 'draw' that Disney World has is like a drug that you never get tired of and each holiday always provides more memories time and time again.
I've been to both too, and I'm only interested to go back to Disneyland at some stage... but WDW always win so far!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I've visited both as well and only the once. Disneyland was many years ago and I would like to return. But it's a long way to fly and there's not a huge additional draw (that might change with the addition of a Marvel land). DLP wasn't as long ago but DW isn't interested in revisiting - for her, the atmosphere is not the same and the CMs weren't as welcoming or friendly. I tend to agree.

However, if you removed all the people I think DLP is a better park than MK. Space Mountain is better, BTMR is better, POTC is a bit better, being able to go inside (and underneath) the castle is better, Adventure Isle is better than Tom Sawyer Island, etc... Even the weather was better at DLP than at WDW when we visited.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:59 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YummyMummyx
Excited about Disney

This is interesting, as the title of the thread states 'Disney Parks'.

For me, it's Florida as a whole (well Orlando), due to the numerous amount of theme parks, the fantastic weather, living in a villa for two weeks and just generally doing something totally different from other holidays.

Im going to agree with your opinion and feeling. I have done Disneyland Paris and I spent the whole time disappointed and comparing it too Florida and for me personally there was no comparison. Walt Disney World just has that something extra that I cant even explain.
YummyMummyx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by PrincessShelly View Post
Attention to detail, overall cleanliness and the general attitude of staff even on the trolley buses from the car park to park gates. I also find the music quite emotional/overwhelming sometimes (especially at fireworks, wiping a tear is not unusual), not so much things like the castle!

Agree! The music gets me every time - especially Epcot for some reason. That was my first park and the overwhelming goosebumps when you hear that music and I saw Spaceship Earth for the first time just made me burst into tears. It’s repeated in several other places (MK and Jurassic Park over at IOA are particularly ‘potent’ in bringing on the waterworks in me) now but that’s the one I remember.

Overall though, it’s a feeling I get that isn’t replicated anywhere else - even at Universal and my beloved HP lands - that feeling of pure joy to be there.

I’m of a certain age that predates the Internet and to see WDW you would have to order a VHS off the advert on the TV. My mum would order that ‘holiday planning video’ every year for me and my sister (to keep us quiet I think) and we’d watch that thing over and over until it stretched and we’d promise each other that we’d get there one day. We eventually did - in our early 20s (potentially still predating the Internet) and we took our mum and the feeling I got going on the monorail and walking through the entrances was exactly the same excitement that I’d had as a child watching those videos. It was amazing the first time and I still love it.

I can’t be any more specific sorry other than it just being a feeling of pure joy.
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YummyMummyx View Post
Im going to agree with your opinion and feeling. I have done Disneyland Paris and I spent the whole time disappointed and comparing it too Florida and for me personally there was no comparison. Walt Disney World just has that something extra that I cant even explain.
DLP has 2 parks. WDW has 4 parks and 2 waterparks. That's your something extra. Having been to DLP several times I like DLP and WDW the same. I don't compare them but look upon them as 2 completely different experiences.

Edited at 08:33 AM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
DLP has 2 parks. WDW has 4 parks and 2 waterparks. That's your something extra. Having been to DLP several times I like DLP and WDW the same. I don't compare them but look upon them as 2 completely different experiences.
But it's true that it's not the same atmosphere at all. I'm French and I'd rather go to Orlando lol.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List