Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Sep 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
munnski
Excited about Disney

After Hours vs MNSSHP

Hi guys, just looking for some views here.

We've been looking at doing Magic Kingdom After hours event when we go next week, however, after looking I am just wondering if you think it will be better to do the MNSSHP? I know you don't get free drinks or snacks at halloween party, but there is candy
Are all rides opened during MNSSHP? Is it normally a lot busier than the after hours?

Has anyone done the both and said which they prefer? We are not too fused about the special characters as such, just want a day at Disney when its quieter as only doing one Disney day this time around!
Old 5 Sep 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I did MNSSHP in September 2017 and MK After Hours in May this year. If your main priority is having a quiet park to be able to do lots of rides then you definitely want After Hours. It was amazing how quiet the park was, all the rides were open and they were all walk on - except SDMT which had at most a 10 minute wait. Plus the drinks & ice creams were a nice bonus.

If you are interested in meeting characters, parades, fireworks and collecting sweets then MNSSHP is for you. We really enjoyed the entertainment but were disappointed that the park seemed really busy still, with wait times for the rides almost as high as on a usual day.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Have to agree, if the main priority is less guests then MNSSHP is not the choice! Haven't saw any Vlogs since the opening night but every Vlogger complained at how busy it was & felt that Disney had oversold.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
munnski
Excited about Disney

Thank you guys! Was tempted by the MNSSHP as the price is cheaper, but, think we would prefer a quite park.
Old 5 Sep 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post

We walked on to most rides at the second MNSSHP of August this year (apart from 7 dwarves )
The queues always said longer than they actually were .
I’m so glad we went as the new firework/castle show was fantastic.
The parade was excellent too
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
We walked on to most rides at the second MNSSHP of August this year (apart from 7 dwarves )
The queues always said longer than they actually were .
I’m so glad we went as the new firework/castle show was fantastic.
The parade was excellent too
Yep, this was our experience too. We were at the 23rd August party and absolutely loved it!
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've done both (MNSSHP 4 times and After Hours at MK twice). They are very different experiences and each great in their own way. I can't say which one I prefer as I love them both - but if you are looking for a quieter park then that would have to be after hours.

MNSSHP is a party atmosphere. There are lots of guests in the parks. Lots of entertainment, with fireworks, parades, the Hocus Pocus show, dance party, Dapper Dans (or rather, Cadaver Dans) roaming around, meet and greets, and of course all the trick or treat stations. It is pure fun and very lively.

In contrast, After Hours is a very quiet atmosphere. The park is almost empty. You can roam around and not see very many people around at all. Almost all the rides are a walk on and if I recall correctly I did something like 15-18 rides or meet and greets in 3 hours. I found this great for me as I did almost everything I wanted to do in MK during After Hours, so my subsequent MK park touring was very relaxed!
Old 5 Sep 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by D15ney72 View Post
Yep, this was our experience too. We were at the 23rd August party and absolutely loved it!
Was so much fun wasn’t it!
Splash was not such a good idea though as I had a very wet dress for most of the evening 🤦
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

We hopefully are going to do both. Have done both MNSSHP and MVMCP before and enjoyed them but this is a first for after hours.
Old 5 Sep 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nkotb4life
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Was so much fun wasn’t it!
Splash was not such a good idea though as I had a very wet dress for most of the evening 🤦
LOL! So did we! Went on Splash earlier in week and got a damp arm, went on MNSSHP night, got sat front row and got drenched, wet down to underwear! Was not fun queuing for pic with 7 dwarves in the cold tent straight after but did dry out once got back outside!
nkotb4life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List