Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Sep 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
fifinefairy
Excited about Disney

Everytime I try and buy 1 day tickets for Disneyland it rejects my booking - help!

Morning all

We are travelling to USA in a couple of weeks and stopping off in California on our travels.

My son wants to go to Disneyland for one day specifically to do Savi's workshop. He spent a week in Anahaim a few years back attending the Star Wars Expo so he feels like he did both Disney parks.

Everytime I try and purchase a 1 day ticket for three adults my payment goes through and then I get a message saying there was an issue with my payment details and then the payment is reversed. When I go to retry the website states my postcode is invalid and so I can't continue to checkout.

I have tried:
Three different payment cards
Clearing all my cookies
Using a different laptop
Using a VPN (we live in Jersey, Channel Islands and sometimes this throws things off)
Using the Disney App
Setting up a completely new account (both online and a different one on the app)
Getting my Mother In Law (who lives in the UK) to try with her address - did exactly the same thing.

Same issue each time. I've spoken to Disney they can only suggest purchasing over the phone and paying an extra $25 to post the tickets - don't fancy that idea - or Will Call. With Will Call I'm a bit nervous of a long queue to collect.

Also I need to be able to book Savi's Workshop online the day the tickets are released and if this issue is still ongoing I won't be able to without calling which is going to tricky for us on our UK mobiles.

Anyone else has this problem or know of an authorised seller of tickets?

As always - thanks for reading and helping!

Emma
fifinefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

When you say getting your mother-in-law at her address, was that with a separate card with the same billing address, or with your card / billing address?

If the latter then try with a card of the same address, if that was already the case then it is very strange as the only thing consistent would have been the names to go on the tickets. Unless of course the card name has to match one of the ticket names.

Edited at 04:46 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fifinefairy
Excited about Disney

It was my MIL's address, completely different card, registered at my MIL's address - so essentially same address for card and home. Also she created a completely new disney account so it could not in any way be assosicated with me and from her home, which is in Kent, so no cross over IP - exactly the same problem.

The only thing that would have been the same would be the names on the tickets but as the orders didn't go through there aren't any tickets in their name and also there must be lots of people going to disney with simiar or the same names, ie, John Smith!

I've since decided not to go and just get tickets for my son and his support worker. This has caused further issues as to do Will Call I would have to go to collect the tickets as I am paying for them and my son doesn't have a card. I don't want to travel all the way from LA to Disney just to collect tickets.

Spoke to Disney again they suggested the only work around would be to buy a Disney Gift Card but even though these are an ecard you cannot buy these online without a US address.

So frustrating. I have been booking everything from Universal to flights and not had any of these issues anywhere else.

Getting peeved now.

Edited at 04:52 PM.
fifinefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Have you tried putting a US address in; that sounds like the problem IMO.
Some US sites that I & DH order stuff on will only accept a US address.
We use the condo or hotel address where we’ll be staying in the US; it doesn’t match the billing address for the card which is obviously a UK address but the orders go through each time.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:29 AM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

attraction-tickets-direc...fornia-tickets

atd do california tickets, although they do seem to be two day.

undercovertourist.com/los-angeles/disneyland-resort/

undercover tourist also do them but as above.

i’m not sure if it would be worth buying the 2day if there’s not much prove difference?

Edited at 12:09 PM.
aladdin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Have you tried putting a US address in; that sounds like the problem IMO.
Some US sites that I & DH order stuff on will only accept a US address.
We use the condo or hotel address where we’ll be staying in the US; it doesn’t match the billing address for the card which is obviously a UK address but the orders go through each time.
We bought 1 day hoppers through the app last month with a UK address. Worked fine.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List