Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Aug 09, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Flo
Imagineer

On disboards they have reported that at the moment if you are in an Admirals room you get use of the Yacht club exclusively for breakfast - including hot food, sausage, egg, bacon etc. And free soft drinks and afternoon tea type cakes later in the day.

Apparently this is on throughout the summer. I hope so because I have upgraded my room which was booked through the 40% off offer for very little

May actually get hubby up nice and early if theres a cooked breakfast waiting.
Flo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Havent been back that long, and this wasnt the case. You could pay for a hot breakfast, but definately nothing free other than continetal in the morning.

Originally Posted by Flo View Post
On disboards they have reported that at the moment if you are in an Admirals room you get use of the Yacht club exclusively for breakfast - including hot food, sausage, egg, bacon etc. And free soft drinks and afternoon tea type cakes later in the day.

Apparently this is on throughout the summer. I hope so because I have upgraded my room which was booked through the 40% off offer for very little

May actually get hubby up nice and early if theres a cooked breakfast waiting.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

just read the disboards one you mentioned and would be much better if this is always the case, I wonder why Disney arent selling this as a perk. Maybe a trial to see how it goes.
I know they are trying to expand the number of Admiral rooms, so all other perks will slowly disapear like faster checkin. And for the extra money you expect something.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Flo
Imagineer

To be honest I haven't been getting that excited about this hol (kinda wishing it was Florida again) so I am adding perks on to make me more excited. At this rate we might aswell have gone to florida lol.

I also emailed guest services to tell them that it is our 20th wedding anniversary and if the hotel could do anything to make our stay even more special we would appreciate it- not expecting anything but it doesn't hurt to mention it, lol.
Flo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
For our anniversary we had the tasting menu at California Grill - 7 courses of amazing gourmet food with 3 wines. We used our premium half-board vouchers to pay towards it, and paid the rest in cash. Not cheap, but an incredible and romantic meal.

Their normal 3-course meal would be lovely too, I'm sure, and if you have the premium half-board voucher it's paid for already - ours was £31 and it would have been 44 Euros, so a good deal.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
By the way - you can buy the premium half-board voucher whatever hotel you're staying in. The website will offer you the cheapest one, but you can buy whichever you want if you ring Disney.

Probably too late for you now (just seen your countdown!)

Check out my trippie, and also have a look at the thread I posted below with DLP on YouTube - hope that gets you inspired. Have a lovely anniversary.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 09, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Many people, including ourselves found that the vouchers work out more expensive due to the limitations of them. I have read a few people on hear found this and so did we.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
By the way - you can buy the premium half-board voucher whatever hotel you're staying in. The website will offer you the cheapest one, but you can buy whichever you want if you ring Disney.

Probably too late for you now (just seen your countdown!)

Check out my trippie, and also have a look at the thread I posted below with DLP on YouTube - hope that gets you inspired. Have a lovely anniversary.
Old 4 Aug 09, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Hi sprocket. Yes, I've seen your posts on this but I don't really understand. You can use them like cash in restaurants where they aren't accepted. So surely, even if you don't use them for a meal, it's like getting 44 Euros for £31? (Or whatever for the cheaper ones.)

Not sure how you could lose money on that - could you explain a bit more please?
Old 4 Aug 09, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Mainly because you have to purchase the option for everyone in your room and as we had our 3 year old with us we had to pay for a voucher per day for him, which was like over twice the price of what he would eat.

Our meals came in at around $70 for the 3 of us for a 3 course meal as we ate at happy hours (between 5pm and 7pm) so the vouchers would be way to much. Over the 4 nights we spent less on meals than the cost of the vouchers and we ate nicely in the main resturants. Its about when you eat to save the money.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Hi sprocket. Yes, I've seen your posts on this but I don't really understand. You can use them like cash in restaurants where they aren't accepted. So surely, even if you don't use them for a meal, it's like getting 44 Euros for £31? (Or whatever for the cheaper ones.)

Not sure how you could lose money on that - could you explain a bit more please?
Old 4 Aug 09, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at newport bay in June, and it appeared that the admirals floor guests were eating breakfast in the bar by the shop. It looked very civilised compared to the scrum downstairs! However, they did offer us breakfast in the park at Chalet au marionette or plaza gardens, which we took and although busy, not a fraction as busy as the hotel and you were in fantasyland early too to take advantage of the magic hours.
Closed Thread