Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Closed Thread
Unread 10 Sep 09, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
VIP Dibber

Nothing more to add, other than the splash zone at Shekira!

But please do not wear a poncho. Those who wear ponchos get laughed at. Getting wet is what makes if fun!
neilhd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Not even booked yet... FL 2020
Unread 10 Sep 09, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
melandjake
Imagineer

melandjake's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi well thanks for all your advice!

I don`t normally wear a poncho lol but had some given to me by a very kind dibber

So if i don`t should I ride the wettest rides early on, so I can dry out or last thing so I can go straight back?
melandjake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cali to Vegas road trip
Unread 10 Sep 09, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BrerVixen
VIP Dibber

BrerVixen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I take a towel, and a spare pair of shorts with my to IOA, (and wear a bikini underneath clothes) then I can dump my shoes/bag in a locker, and hop on the water rides and not worry bout getting soaked!

Some imagination Huh?
WDW in 89,90,91,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,04,05,07,09,11,13,14,16
DLP in 99,00,08
Next Trip: Disney's All Star Sports September 2019
BrerVixen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney's Pop Century 2016
Unread 10 Sep 09, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

As we all know, being British is all about the "A Poncho? I do not need a silly plastic thing. No I do not." I know when I have been to theme parks here in the UK those who wear ponchos are considered wimps. We point at them and we laugh, as lets face it we are not adverse to a little water over here!

However on my last visit to Orlando, and first visit to IOA, my friend and I decided to try out the bilge rafts. We were shocked at the number of people covered in plastic. We then saw a family coming off the ride who had obviously not considered the plastic covering as an oiption. We honestly thought that their raft had sank and they had swam out.

In any case, being the hard northern lasses that we are, we headed onwards without the need for plastic.

30 minutes later we emerged. Drenched. In fact, is there a better word than drenched? One that would indicate that we were not just "splashed" but water poured onto us.

Thankfully the nice people at Universal were thoughtful enough to put a stand selling towels right outside the exit (clever marketing if ever I saw it). And I spent the rest of the day wandering around with a Sponge Bob Square Pants towel wrapped around me!

This time round, I shall be investing in a poncho. But not for me. No I still regard myself as a hard northern lass and shall not be seen dead in a polythene sheet. I shall be buying one to wrap my bag in cus last time my money was all damp when I got off! :P
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 10 Sep 09, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JamelUK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
There is one on the "Extreme Rides" or similar programmes on Discovery sometimes, that looks at the making of some of the IoA rides.

One of them is Blutos Bilge Rat Barges.
They take great pride in explaining that when they were designing the ride they looked at all the other large rapid rides in existance. And came to the conclusion that they all played the game of you might get wet if it bounced and rolled a certain way.

The evil crew at IoA wanted to guarantee you got wet, so they deliberately built it with a higher sided / deeper water channel, bigger underwater rocks and water jets - everywhere!

If you intend to do this ride - BE WARNED! Go prepared as if you were doing a day at a Water Park. Pack towels and a dry change of clothing. Then stick them in a locker.
Other than jumping off a pier at Miami, you will not get wetter in Florida. Fact!

But dont be put off - this is a fun crazy ride, and if you go on knowing full well you're about to get jet washed its hilarious.

And strictly NO PONCHOS!
Unread 10 Sep 09, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MAVERICK 606
Serious Dibber

I can't believe no ones mentioned slush gusher & summit plummit at Blizzard Beach. I always get drenched on those two
September 2000: Vista Del Lago, WDW: June 2002: Sequoia Lodge, DLP: September 2004: Florida Pines, WDW: September 2009: Calabay Park, WDW: August 2010: Hotel New York, DLP: July 2011: Sequoia Lodge, DLP: September 2012: Newport Bay, DLP: September 2013: Southern Dunes, WDW: September 2016: Solana, WDW, for our 25th wedding anniversary: May 2018: Sequoia Lodge, DLP: WDW October 2019, Florida Villa. The honeymoon trip:
MAVERICK 606 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Family Honeymoon One...
Unread 10 Sep 09, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Best piece of advice for anyone going to IOA is to take a spare set of clothes.

Nothing else can save you.

Always good to get your own back on people and climb to the top of popeye's boat and spray people from the water cannons
Unread 10 Sep 09, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

I got soaked on the rapids ride at Animal Kingdom, so much so I look like I had just got out of the bath, the car thingy goes right under a waterfall and guess who was sat in the wrong seat! Great ride tho!

Closed Thread