Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Oct 09, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh I forgot we drove to and found it really easy. Just watch out for the paris ring road. Its a bit confusing getting on to the 104
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 09, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
piglets pal
Apprentice Imagineer

piglets pal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi there

we have only experienced DLP with a pram and buggy and its really quite easy and we have been a number of times. I would really stress warm clothes especially for your son in his chair. I would go so far as to say some thermals and saloppettes. we have stayed at santa fe, x3 cheyenne x2 and sequoia lodge and have always loved the flat walk back to the hotels with no problem it was easier than taking the bus

we have been mid november early DEc and the kids have always needed snow gear, we live in the Scottish highlands and are used to cold weather but snow gear all round makes for a much happoer family and more enjoyable trip.

We were in DLP from the 6th till 10th January this year and even with thermals salopettes and ski jackets for adults and kids it was absolutly freezing and found changing our 20month an ordeal as the toilets in some areas of the park were cold. she had vest thermals joggers and jumper sallopettes ski jacket snow boots and blankets in her pram and we only managed to keep her comfortable. Our 7 year old was also dressed accordingly with ski socks and snow boots and at the end of the day their little feet were really cold

we still love the colder months and love the christmas theming and that is our fav time of yoear at DLP.
Happy planning and if you are there at the weekend make use of the hour early entry

happy holidays
DLRP Dec 03 & 04 Santa Fe Aug 05,Sequoia Lodge Oct 07 Cheyenne, Jan 09 Santa Fe
piglets pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 09, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the replies everyone. We're definitely going (although not booked yet) - I've even started buying thermals, skiwear etc thanks to the tips here and elsewhere on the site!

Just one more question though:

Looking at the Rehabs and Closures, it looks like 'Small World' will be closed the whole time and Disneyland Railroad will be closed for our last 2 days. Our youngest is 12 and we all like the faster rides so are we likely to regret going when these are closed?

Thanks.
Old 17 Oct 09, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I'd be upset if its a Small World was shut, but I'm a bit of a freak! With the youngest at 12 there isn't likely to be any real tantrums... Re the train, its a pleasant trip round but not a serious highlight of the park so I really don't think you're missing all that much
besides, its an excuse to go back again
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 09, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Katie.

WE'VE BOOKED!

We're going on our first tip to Disney on 14th November ... costing us ... *gulp* ... £1500!

Now for all the planning. I'm not used to planning my days like everyone on here, we usually just go where the mood takes us!
Old 20 Oct 09, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by T--J View Post
WE'VE BOOKED!
Hope you have a FAB time.
You don't need to plan as well as you do for WDW but its good to have a basic plan (and a back up just in case) for the Disneyland Park. The studios needs a goos plan to fit all the show times in and making sure you get to see them all
Old 22 Oct 09, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

Have loads of fun!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 09, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I would be very sad if Small World was closed, but then I'm weird too...!

You don't need to plan much - but check out the times of shows if you want to catch them all. You can usually see the schedule on dlrpmagic.com before you go.

Check out our trippie in the DLP forum too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 09, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

My 2.5 year old Daughter is disabled, but with her age, she does not have a wheelchair, we just use a good Mclaren buggy (Similar to the one you can get off the OT but with all the frills). But her disabilty is more Mentally based to be honest anyway.

We visited in May this year and found getting around the park fine with the buggy. You need to get a disability pass from City Hall when you arrive. Then show this pass to the Cast Members. As for Parades, as someone has already said, there are special area reserved for disabled visitors, and fast track for rides etc. and if there is a Character with a crowd around them just talk to the Cast Member who is with the Character and show them the pass and they will bring the Character out of the crowd to your son.

If you have any specific questions, ask away and I will do my best to answer them, if it was something I experienced or know of.

All in All, Disney on whole, The Park, the Characters, The Cast Members did all they could to help, and we enjoyed ourselves so much that we are going back in November. Can't say a bad word about them.
Old 24 Oct 09, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Hiya just wanted to let you know I will be there at the same time. We will arrive on the 16th. How long are you staying for
Closed Thread