Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 3 Mar 10, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Disney for the Larger Person

I am a larger sized person and was wondering what weight/size is the limit for all the rides and also the water rides. I am around a size20/22
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Don`t worry ,wait till you see the size of some of the Americans.Some rides have bigger seats but do`nt worry as you`ll have no trouble at all on any of the rides.I`m a larger lady with MS and got on the rides with no problems .Go and enjoy yourself!
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
They cater for much larger guests than yourself. You won't have any problems on any of the rides, imho.
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE FROM THE LINK IN THIS POST
ALTERNATIVELY THERE IS AN EDITABLE EXCEL COPY IN
POST #26

Info includes rider dimensions (height,vital stats, clothes size worn), minimum height requirements, the type of restraint used, and comments on ride experience/fitting in the ride.

Via PM - If you want to send your proportions (chest waist hips height) and your ride experience (could you ride/tricks to fitting in the ride/level of comfort during the ride etc) I'd be more than happy to add it to the list - no names would be used, just stats and comments... I think it would be really helpful as I know for certain I've steered away from certain rides feeling scared that I wouldn't fit and not wanting to face the embarrassment...

Copy & Paste the list below & add your experience & comments!

Park
Magic Kingdom
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Goofys Barnstormer
Indy Speedway
Pirates of the Caribbean
Haunted Mansion
It’s a small world
Peter Pans Flight
Snow whites scary adventures
Cinderella Golden carousel
Mad Tea Party
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Buzz Lightyears Spaceranger spin
Winnie-the-Pooh
PeterPans Flight
Dumbo
Aladdins Carpets
Astro Orbiters
Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids
Everest
Dinosaur
Triceratop Spin
Primeval Whirl
DHS
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Rock'n'Rollercoaster
toy story mania
Epcot
Mission Space
Test Track
Soarin
Universal Studios
Revenge of the Mummy
Rip Ride Rockit
Men in Black
The Simpsons
Jimmy Neutron
ET
Woody Woodpecker
Islands of Adventure
Hulk
Spiderman
Bilge Rat Barges
Ripsaw Falls
River Adventure
Pteranadon Flyers
Duelling Dragons
Doctor Dooms Fearfall
Busch Gardens
Sheikra
Tidal Wave
Stanley Falls Flume(to ride alone)
Congo River Rapids
Scorpion
Gwazi
Montu
Kumba
Rhino Rally
Cheetah Chase
Sandstorm
Phoenix
Sea World
Journey to Atlantis
Kraken
Manta
Wild arctic
Shamu Express
Swishy Fishies
Flying Fiddler
Ocean Commotion
Jazzy Jellies

PDF file is below - just click the link to download
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ride size guide pdf.pdf (18.7 KB, 3126 views)

Edited at 11:39 AM.
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink-a-bee
Imagineer

You will be fine. Depending on your shape, some of the roller-coasters with the bars that come over your head might be a bit of a squeeze (I'm 40DD and I'm just about okay in normal seats), but most have modified seats available as well so you would be fine in those regardless. A lot of rides have tester seats outside so you can check before queuing.

But honestly -don't worry about it at all, you will feel positively skinny compared to lots of people you see in the parks.
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I'm a size 20 and have never had any problems, never even had to use the 'larger' seats. To be honest you'll feel positively slim compared to some of the other theme park guests!
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Most rides have tester seats so you can see if you are comfy! Dont worry, You will have a fab time! Im totally jealous! I wish I was going!
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink-a-bee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojovontrapp View Post
If we're all not too 'shy' - I know i would feel a bit self conscious at first but if there were lots of people willing to participate, I'd be more than happy to post a 'ride guide'/comments for those of us more cuddly than others!

Via PM - If you want to send your proportions (chest waist hips height) and your ride experience (could you ride/tricks to fitting in the ride/level of comfort during the ride etc) I'd be more than happy to compile a list of info - no names would be used, just stats and comments... I think it would be really helpful as I know for certain I've steered away from certain rides feeling scared that I wouldn't fit and not wanting to face the embarrassment...
That is a fab idea and I would be happy to share my experiences (and vital statistics!)
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

I think that is a great idea and thank you for being willing to set this up. I will give you all my feed back on my return. My worst fear is getting to the front of the line then not being able to fit in the ride and everyone is watching (lol).
Old 3 Mar 10, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by jojovontrapp View Post
If we're all not too 'shy' - I know i would feel a bit self conscious at first but if there were lots of people willing to participate, I'd be more than happy to post a 'ride guide'/comments for those of us more cuddly than others!

Via PM - If you want to send your proportions (chest waist hips height) and your ride experience (could you ride/tricks to fitting in the ride/level of comfort during the ride etc) I'd be more than happy to compile a list of info - no names would be used, just stats and comments... I think it would be really helpful as I know for certain I've steered away from certain rides feeling scared that I wouldn't fit and not wanting to face the embarrassment...
great idea!
Closed Thread