Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Aug 16, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Bibblebonk
New Poster (3)

Mobile

Just signed up to give my view on this. Been trading this thread on and off for a while so only fair I give my take on it.

I'm a male, 6ft2, weighing about 23st (so approx 320 pounds), wear a 44 waist trouser, a 50 inch chest and quite chunky thighs.

At Disney, had no problem at all on any rides I tried. For the record, these were;

Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Seven Dwarves
Haunted Mansion
Ariel Ride
Rock n Rolla
Tower of Terror
Great Movie Ride
Test Track
Soaring
Expedition Everest
River Rapids

At Busch Gardens, comfortably got on Cobra Curse, Scorpion and River Rapids. Cheetah Chase I got on but it took an almighty effort by the crew member and I just made it on. Montu (or whatever it's called) I got on the modifued seats with a little, but not lots of, effort. Kumba I didn't get on - I think if the attendant had made a little effort I would have (he was very quick to dismiss) but cannot grumble, it's my own fault. Falcons Fury I didn't try as it was broken down and none of my party fancied risking it when it restarted, nor did I try Shrieka.

At Seaworld, didn't come close to test seats on Kraken so didn't try. Comfortably got on Manta. As for Maku, it uses an odd lap bar effort. Got on the first time, the guy give it a little push and it was in. Went to reride literally 10 mons later and despite the (different) attendant trying all she could, couldn't get me in, which was very strange. Did get us a one ride fastpass which meant we skipped the 50 min Manta queue which was awesome. Tried nothing else at Seaworld.

Finally, Universal. Was really nervous going to both parks beforehand as thought from reading up I'd be able to do nothing but the only ride I was turned away from was FJ. Easily fit in modified seats on Hulk and Dragon Challenge, and Gringotts was a tight lap bar in a certain row but got on twice so no real problem. Rip Ride Rocket, the belly bar thing didn't got 100% around me but went far enough for them to allow me to ride (thankfully as I loved it) not once but twice. Dr Doom, Simpsons, MiB, Mummy, Spiderman, Jurrasic Park and Transformers were all fine. Also rode Kong, the new ride, and that has no restraints so again was fine - leg room isn't huge mind so tall folk may struggle. Didn't try Dudley Do Right water thing as we didn't fancy a water ride.

Best advice I can give for universal is use the test seats, the staff are very, very helpful and friendly and discreet and patient. Even when I was turned away from FJ the guy was friendly and allowed me to walk through the castle with my family and friends. Kind of wish I'd been turned away at the last test seat - saw a fella getting free fastpass thing for a ride as a "sorry" he'd queued and was unable to ride, wish I'd got that lol.

Also would advise asking someone in your party to give you a quick push down to get you buckle in and strapped- helps incase the attendant doesn't want to be too forceful (understandable).

Sorry if that's too much info for folks, just wanted to give all info as every ride I get on the back of my mind is worrying I'll fit do just wanted to put some minds at rest for anyone like me.

Gonna work hard so that next trip I get on all three rides I missed out on across the parks, especially FJ as that's the one I'd love to be on.
Bibblebonk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 16, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Welcome to the Dibb.
Old 7 Aug 16, 02:00 AM  
Link to this Post

This thread has been automatically closed.

You will find the new thread created by clicking HERE.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread