Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jun 12, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I definitely needed them at DC - the floor of the lagoon was very rough & rocky and would have been very uncomfortable without them. A definite yes from me

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Maze_Dazrol View Post
My only concern is when your off on the water slides, surely your feet will get stuck :-0
No, they don't get stuck at all. Your feet tend to be out of the water for most of the slides as you are sitting in a tube.

Originally Posted by brhrar View Post
We tried them before but (don't know if they were really cheap ones) the inner sole came out so they were no use. Have they improved?
The inner soles have to come out so that they can be cleaned effectively. Make sure you have the right size and do the toggle up to help keep them in place. My DS took his out though as he found them annoying.

Originally Posted by Howleytronix View Post
So in relation to the shoes - You are at the top of Slusher Gusher - do you take them off and launch them down first? Or leave them on?! I was thinking about Crocs. But you can't really 'swim' in them can you? And flip flops will just flop off down the creek?!
For the few feet first drop slides, you need to take them off an hold them. All the others, you can keep them on.
Crocs and flip flops are fine for walking but they are no good for swimming or slides.

I would say they are essential for DC. The rocks are very sharp and rough.
The water parks, I think they are very beneficial. Protection from the heat on the floor and cuts and scrapes is very worthwhile.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
No you dont need them in DC as for the water parks no again as they are no good on the slides.
I disagree.

I'm glad we had them for DC as the rocks in the Dolphin Lagoon are quite sharp and slippery.

We have also always worn them in the water parks, because the concrete can become so hot its unbearable to walk on and we've never had to remove them on the slides either.

Would'nt go to a water park without them.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
finnsmum
Imagineer

finnsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 1
Definitely need them in DC. The ground on some of the areas is really uneven especially the wind away river. Never mind water shoes i needed steel toe cap boots. I stubbed my toes so many times as some bits were deep then big rocks and really shallow. I thought i had broken my bloody toe a few times. Definitely water shoes for me this October.
Old 24 Jun 12, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheWilsons View Post
Ah the famous croc squelch! My little brother finds that noise very amusing! lol
He he he!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Would defo recommend getting a pair. My and my boyfriend got a pair mainly for when we went to discovery cove but ended up wearing to all water parks not only to stop our feet getting burnt from the sun or hot pavement. But also to protect our foot from rough surfaces in water

We got ours for a few pound from eBay was great buy, and we'll be taking them again next time.

Don't worry about looking silly when we were there lots people had them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
When we were there in 1999 my Dad bought a pair and we all laughed at it him because they looked funny, he rolled his eyes lol. Well... later on when we actually went to the water parks we weren't laughing so much any more! The floor was soooo hot we couldn't bare it, after that day we all rushed out and bought them too! I've seen lots of people wearing them since and we buy them every time now, don't care if they look silly anymore (which honestly, I don't think they do look silly) as long as you're comfortable is all that matters!

xx

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
And as for removing them on the slides, have only ever been asked once to do this, it was at wet n wild actually (which I assume most people don't go to?) All they said was to put them in between our legs so they were secure

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 17
DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 18 15
Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14, 18x2
WDW Cast Member 17 - 18 14 U.S. States & Counting!
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I disagree.

I'm glad we had them for DC as the rocks in the Dolphin Lagoon are quite sharp and slippery.

We have also always worn them in the water parks, because the concrete can become so hot its unbearable to walk on and we've never had to remove them on the slides either.

Would'nt go to a water park without them.
We just did not need them so I suppose it is a matter of opinion.
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 12, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gforce_iom
Imagineer

gforce_iom's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
There are some good value ones on Amazon !
1991-96 4 Trips~1997x1~1999x1~2001x1~2004x1~2004/2005x3/2006x2/2007x3/2009x2/2010x2~2011 Westridge Villa~2012 Highlands Reserve Villax3~2013 Hampton Lakesx2~2014 Hampton Lakesx2~2015 Hampton Lakesx1~2017 Sunset Ridgex2~Rosen Shingle Creek~2018 Sunset Ridgex1~2018 Rosen Shingle Creek~2019 Sunset Ridgex1 Hampton Lakesx1 Calabay Parcx1 2020 Highlands Reservex1 2022 Calabay Parcx1 2024 Hunters Creekx1
gforce_iom is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread