Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 12, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We've been twice and had a marvellous time, both times. I think the Disneyland Parc is actually more beautiful than its US equivalents. (I've not been to Tokyo or Hong Kong so can't compare).

We've had fantastic and indifferent CMs at DLP - and WDW.

There are definitely areas that are less good at DLP than WDW / DL - and areas that are better.

Sorry your stay wasn't what you hoped for
Old 2 Nov 12, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rapunzel2012 View Post
I wish I hadn't of read this thread... 9 days till our first trip.
Don't worry.
This is the time of year that DD and I often go, and we always have a great time, we've been 8 times and will go again.
My niece has just texted to say she's on her way home - they have been there since Monday and have had a fabulous holiday; this is her 4th trip.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 12, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for reassuring me, those of you that did, my own fault for reading the thread lol. I havent been to the U.S at all so I dont have that to compare. I hope to, but not until the kids are older... in around 7 years lol.
I am sure my kids will have an amazing time, and if that makes them happy, I will be.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

The worst people we have ever come across for pushing in were at WDW. The rudest guests were at WDW. The worst smokers at DLP have everytime been the Brits (and the rudest). The CMs by and large take a European stance. If you need them they are there, but if you don't they won't intrude. There are many shops in the UK and the US were you can't get through the door with being assulted by sales people. I prefer it the DLP way. The fast food at DLP is not good (one or two exceptions like Colonal Hathi's Pizza out post). When you get to nicer meals (From Walts and Blue Lagoon, through to the wonderful California Grill) you get more bang for your buck and the food is top classs.
Smoking.. here DLP are trapped. The only people who can stop smokers, smoking outside in France are the police, Cast Members cannot. DLP provides smoking areas but they are not used.
Yes DLP has it's problems, just as WDW does, and the OP and others have a perfect right to decide for themselves. We love DLP and will be going again.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other

Edited at 12:04 AM.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post

We absolutley love DLP and only have a few weeks till our 3rd trip this year! I have never once met a rude CM - whenever I have needed one, they have helped me beyond the "norm". I noticed 1 set of toilets with a bit of a funky smell (in village next to sports bar) but as mentioned, its within the environmental policy to use recycled water which for me, is worth the smell. Yes, counter service is expensive, however, at any theme park in the world you will find this. I find a childs meal more than adequate in portion size and is only equivilant price to a UK McDonalds meal. It def seems more expensive now the £ is so weak against the euro (maybe this is why WDW seems like better value?)
Re. cost of going, our next trip is costing us £140 per adult for hotel and flights - can't go wrong IMO. I would never pay some of the crazy prices I sometimes see on here and IMO, more research can be done to avoid high costs and also money saving tips whilst there.
I did notice smoking a bit more this year but that may be because I have given up since our last trip. Its easy to avoid and no different to spending the day in any UK town.
One thing I have noticed is that all of the -ive comments have come from frequent WDW visitors. I appreciate that it is hard not to compare, however, they really are 2 very different places and as such should be judged in their own right. Just because they don't do something at DLP that they do in WDW does not make it wrong or bad, just different! On our March trip we took friends who have been to Florida 9 times and they loved DLP. They went with no pre conceived ideas and came away wanting to go back - they even commented about mayny aspects of DLP that they much preferred to WDW :-)
Old 3 Nov 12, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post

And re, parks looking tatty - I personally saw many, many areas that had been very recently refurbished/painted and saw this continuing during both of this years stays x
Old 3 Nov 12, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
moolie19
Imagineer

moolie19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I recently was lucky enough to visit both wdw and dlp within the space of a month and do you know what I love both (but both for very different reasons) You cannot compare them they are two unique destinations that just happen to share the same name. Wdw is designed as a destination you can go to for two weeks and dlp is more for a long weekend. My favourite magic kingdom park is the one in Paris (far more magical and beautiful castle imo) and from my visit a couple of weeks ago I saw very little shabby about the park it has had a great makeover for the 20th anniversary.
I often think that when people go to dlp they start looking for the bad rather than enjoying it for what it is. You will find rude people wherever you go in the world not just in a Disney park and certainly not just in dlp and next time you go to wdw you could easily come across a smelly toilet.
So if you are going to dlp have a great time and enjoy and if you have been and didn't like it, that's fine too you don't have to go again but we can't all afford to go to Florida every year and dlp is a great place to go and get a Disney fix.
moolie19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post

There is nowhere in my original post where I compared DLP to WDW, I just said that in future we will go to Florida or California for our holidays. I know you can't compare the two, I was simply stating what I experienced at DLP on my last visit. To me it is now just like any other theme park and not worth paying extra money for.
If I want to see litter, flaking paint, faulty bulbs and all the other issues I mentioned then I'll just have a weekend in Blackpool and not go to DLP to see them.
Old 3 Nov 12, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

At the risk of being shouted at and flamed, please remember all the excited dibbers that have just spent their hard earned cash on a dream trip to DLP.
I'd hate to have read one of these threads before my first trip.
I know people are entitled to their opinion but as I said before, let first timers make up their own opinion, without scaring them to death before they even go.

Again, we LOVE DLP and are lucky enough to have never come across any of these issues.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

We need to realise that everyone is different and has different likes,dislikes and opinions otherwise the world would be very boring! Just reading reviews on any hotels on trip advisor empathises this, I have read some awful reviews of some places I have been too and loved!

Personally I have been to both WDW and DLP with my family and for us DLP wins every time! Next year we could afford to go to WDW but would still choose DLP. The kids just enjoyed it so much more not having to walk miles to get from one ride to another, not having a 10 hour plus flight, not having all the time it takes to get into the park and getting park to park, not dying from the heat! We have never experienced any rude CMs, oNly rudeness from visitors but we had this in WDW too!
So for us we would choose DLP every time but luckily everyone is different otherwise I imagine it would be a lot busier!
Closed Thread