Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 30 Sep 13, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
staceylou
Trying for More Ears

New York and Orlando

We are planning our second trip to Disney next year (4 adults and 4 children) and hoping to tag a trip to New York, so far our idea is:

5 nights NewYork
5 nights Hard Rock
10 nights villa - somewhere closer to coast

Kids are slightly older now and want to do more in Universal than we did last time hence we think we have settled on HRH.

Any suggestions for New York hotels and villas outside of Disney but close enough to drive to the parks if we want to go for more than the days we have planned staying at HRH?

All help welcome and appreciated.

staceylou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 13, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs togs
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We are doing something similar next year 3 days in New York then 18 in Orlando. We are staying at the westin Times square and then a villa at highlands reserve on he 27 just off the 192. Have stayed here before and you can be in the Disney parks in 15-20 mins and universal in 30 mins.
Old 30 Sep 13, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
J1WYX
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
We are doing 3 nights in NY then 2 weeks at villa (Glenbrook (DIBB villa) on the 27 just off 192 and 11 mins from I4)
We are staying at Comfort Inn Manhatten -----room is double double sleeping 4. Internal flight down to MCO with Jet Blue.
New York can be expensive esp accommodation and the weather is not as nice as Florida so you will need to watch time of year u visit

93,94 & 95 Comfort Inn, 97 Sheraton world, 00 Howard Johnson,01 Amerihost,04 H.I Nikki Bird,05 H.I Sunspree 07 Lake B Vista Village. Villa March 10 & Oct 12, New York & Glbrook Oct 13 Oct 15, Gran Canaria 16,Miami&villa 17 Villa 19 Vila 22, 23
J1WYX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 13, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by J1WYX View Post
We are doing 3 nights in NY then 2 weeks at villa (Glenbrook (DIBB villa) on the 27 just off 192 and 11 mins from I4)
We are staying at Comfort Inn Manhatten -----room is double double sleeping 4. Internal flight down to MCO with Jet Blue.
New York can be expensive esp accommodation and the weather is not as nice as Florida so you will need to watch time of year u visit
We're staying at the comfort in Manhattan too. Sisters been loads and loves it there
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 13, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lisaloony
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by J1WYX View Post
We are staying at the comfort inn too then flying into mco with JetBlue, just waiting for them to release august flights.

Hope you have a great time!
Old 10 Oct 13, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Most villa communities are close to the parks but to get to the coast it's about an hour and 15 minutes to say, St Pete's

Have a look at the Dibb Villa Map to get an idea of the communities.

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We stayed in a Club Room at the Hyatt Grand in late July, right next to Grand Central Station. The Club room gave us access to the Club Lounge where we had complimentaty breakfast, drinks/snacks all day (to 10pm), complimentary wi-fi (would have been $13 per device per day! ), and complimentary appetizers in the evening.

However, as noted above, hotels ain't cheap in NY. The Hyatt cost around £190/night, but less 10% Quidco and a £50 M&S voucher, and also less the cost of breakfast and the snacks/drinks we had there.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

We are doing a similar thing - 4 nights in New York, then 3 nights in Anna Maria, then in a villa in Formosa Gardens for 2 weeks.

My villa is booked, but I haven't yet booked the NY hotel. I am keeping my eye on a few hotels that I have picked out and like the look of, and monitoring their prices. I have budgeted £1000 purely for the hotel bit of the NY stay but am hoping to not use it all
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
We did something similar once - stayed in the Salisbury - an older hotel with big rooms. We had a suite and it was perfect. Got a good price in an Expedia sale. We then stayed in a condo in St Pete's which we found on VRBO. We then stayed in an apartment on the Marriott World Centre site. We really missed the beach on this holiday and have vowed not to leave it out again.
Old 10 Oct 13, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread