Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 8 Oct 13, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Shades of Green or "Real Disney"

I asked this a while back but just looking for any more recent visits.

Has anyone or do you know anyone that has stayed at the shades of green military complex on site at Disney? We had to cancel Orlando this year due to a death in the family but we were thinking of staying here when we book for 10 days away next year.

We only live 6hrs north of Orlando so will be driving down and can get military price park tickets but I've always stayed in villas and not on site. I know shades of green isn't exactly a Disney hotel but it is on Disney. Should we spend the saved money (from our location and park tickets) on a "real Disney" hotel or just book military?!?
MmmBlondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post

2 sides of this

if you fancy getting a horn waking you up at 6 am and running around the resort, then FOG is for you

if you fancy a normal vacation, then then stay in a disney resort

of course, i cannot really help you, so i thought i would post something humorous
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I thought Shades of Green was only for USA Military (?).

Shades of Green Elegibility

Edited at 08:29 AM.
Old 8 Oct 13, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MrB View Post
I thought Shades of Green was only for USA Military (?).

Shades of Green Elegibility
Exactly what I was thinking.

Other nations:
Military personnel of foreign nations and their family members when assigned or attached to a U.S. military unit or installation or on U.S. Travel Orders.

Edited at 09:08 AM.
Old 8 Oct 13, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
bug
slightly serious Dibber

The op said she only lives 6hrs north of Orlando, and I have a feeling she may be married to a guy in the US military? Correct me if I'm wrong tho!

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.

Eligibiity:

shadesofgreen/eligibility.htm

Other nations:
Military personnel of foreign nations and their family members when assigned or attached to a U.S. military unit or installation or on U.S. Travel Orders.
Old 8 Oct 13, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes, just spotted that but it doesn't hurt to mention it is only for US personnel.
Old 8 Oct 13, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yeah, Shades of Green is US military personnel only unless you are "assigned or attached to a U.S. military unit or installation or on U.S. Travel Orders." (As detailed under Other Supporters of the Department of Defense on the above link.)

If you (or your partner/spouse) qualify you need either a DD Form 1173 or DD Form 2765.

My wife (RAF) was attached to Offutt AFB a couple of years ago for a short period and could have used it

Edited at 09:21 AM.
dpmcalister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry guys yes I'm English but my husband is American & in the US Air Force. I know the dibb is pretty diverse so wasn't sure if anyone had stayed there but my question is more directed at opinions.

We're driving down to Tampa Thursday for 1 night for BG but oh how I need an Orlando fix! I do want a Disney hotel but everything in Orlando is so expensive that maybe SoG is the better option

Also I believe we can still get access to EMH etc even if we stay at SoG and there are shuttles.

Edited at 05:26 PM.
MmmBlondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
If your on a budget then I would say SOG would be a better option but if not why not go for the full on Disney experience or go for a pool home rental if you like your own space and private facilities.

The world is your oyster so to speak.

What ever you decide on have a great trip.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MmmBlondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
If your on a budget then I would say SOG would be a better option but if not why not go for the full on Disney experience or go for a pool home rental if you like your own space and private facilities.

The world is your oyster so to speak.

What ever you decide on have a great trip.

Steve
Hmmm I think you're right. I Will speak to my husband and decide what's best so we can start booking!
Closed Thread