Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Closed Thread
Unread 8 Oct 13, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
WindwardGal
Imagineer

They often do not allocate until the day you arrive that's normal. Shame you didn't book direct with an owner so you knew where you were going .
Christmas Shopping
Unread 8 Oct 13, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

I'd be on facebook & twitter with Thomas Cook - they sometimes get it together if you complain loud enough on there.

Obviously TC don't have proper procedures in place to pre-allocate villas and they have sold you a holiday on a promise they couldn't or didn't intend to keep.

Worst case scenario is you have to get the oxygen delivered to hotel beds but after that you can enjoy your holiday.

Be persistant with your complaints though - you have a legitimate greivance and they will be hoping you will just shut up and go away.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson (ville)
Unread 8 Oct 13, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHils
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Thanks for your replies. Normally I would of booked a villa direct with an owner but with the situation being the way it is (needing oxygen etc ) I went with the advice from Thomas Cook who thought we would be better looked after if everything was booked through them.
I have been in touch with Thomas Cook every day and they know my concerns but just say the complaint has been lodged and I probably wont get an answer until I come back from holiday.
As you can imagine I wasn't happy with that answer as I need something sorted now.
DisneyHils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday
Unread 8 Oct 13, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loadsapixiedust
Imagineer

loadsapixiedust's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Restaurant Reviews: 22

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 170
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Thomas Cook have not given you the service you paid for and were promised so you have a legitimate complaint. Have you tried contacting them on Facebook? I was able to get a quicker response from them there when we had a problem getting through to their special needs dept.
loadsapixiedust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
hope it wasn't the last time
Unread 8 Oct 13, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHils

My local branch where I booked asked me to write a letter of complaint and they would also write one to go along with it saying their concerns as well. It appears to be Thomas Cook Signature who are to blame.

I didn't realise they had a special needs department so maybe I should try that and see how I get on.

I phoned today and said how unhappy I was as I basically haven't got what I paid for and am going in tomorrow to speak to someone.

Does anyone know what time Hotel Beds closes as my biggest fear is that we get delayed with flights and they are not open for us to pick the oxygen up.

This is not how it should be days before we are due to leave.

Edited at 08:52 PM.
DisneyHils is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday
Unread 9 Oct 13, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sandyj
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 1
Gee, that is not right that they lied to you about something so significant. Perhaps the management company, Hotel Beds, can make sure it is delivered to the home you are allocated and there waiting for you. I would definitely contact them. Knowing the significance of the issue, surely someone should work with you. Hope you get it all sorted and have a wonderful holiday

Sandy

Living the Dream!
sandyj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 9 Oct 13, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Just wondered if anyone as Thomas Cook or Hotelbeds had got it together to help you ?

Hotelbeds are supposed to be open until 10pm and you'd be pretty unlucky if you got there later than that although it can sometimes happen.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson (ville)
Unread 9 Oct 13, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHils

Things still the same unfortunately. I went into my local branch Thomas Cook again today and asked for an update but all they have said is they are emailing Hotel Beds tomorrow hoping to get an address by Friday.
Our WDW Holiday
Closed Thread
US Rent A Car