Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 8 Oct 13, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for your replies. Normally I would of booked a villa direct with an owner but with the situation being the way it is (needing oxygen etc ) I went with the advice from Thomas Cook who thought we would be better looked after if everything was booked through them.
I have been in touch with Thomas Cook every day and they know my concerns but just say the complaint has been lodged and I probably wont get an answer until I come back from holiday.
As you can imagine I wasn't happy with that answer as I need something sorted now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 13, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Thomas Cook have not given you the service you paid for and were promised so you have a legitimate complaint. Have you tried contacting them on Facebook? I was able to get a quicker response from them there when we had a problem getting through to their special needs dept.
Old 8 Oct 13, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

My local branch where I booked asked me to write a letter of complaint and they would also write one to go along with it saying their concerns as well. It appears to be Thomas Cook Signature who are to blame.

I didn't realise they had a special needs department so maybe I should try that and see how I get on.

I phoned today and said how unhappy I was as I basically haven't got what I paid for and am going in tomorrow to speak to someone.

Does anyone know what time Hotel Beds closes as my biggest fear is that we get delayed with flights and they are not open for us to pick the oxygen up.

This is not how it should be days before we are due to leave.

Edited at 08:52 PM.
Old 9 Oct 13, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Gee, that is not right that they lied to you about something so significant. Perhaps the management company, Hotel Beds, can make sure it is delivered to the home you are allocated and there waiting for you. I would definitely contact them. Knowing the significance of the issue, surely someone should work with you. Hope you get it all sorted and have a wonderful holiday

Sandy
Old 9 Oct 13, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Just wondered if anyone as Thomas Cook or Hotelbeds had got it together to help you ?

Hotelbeds are supposed to be open until 10pm and you'd be pretty unlucky if you got there later than that although it can sometimes happen.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 13, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Things still the same unfortunately. I went into my local branch Thomas Cook again today and asked for an update but all they have said is they are emailing Hotel Beds tomorrow hoping to get an address by Friday.
Old 10 Oct 13, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is so unacceptable
You have proably been misled by the well meaning , but not fully understanding TO branch girl
but this is not much help now
I would contact the TS disabled section and kick up a fuss there...maybe they can put the pressure on
I am sure Hotel beds could allocate you one now at the top of thei list after someone they know is showing clearly leaving
I am sure it would not be impossible to make such an exception in an urgent needy case
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 13, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi Susan My local TC branch are being very supportive putting in a letter of complaint along with mine. It appears to be Thomas Cook Signature who have got it wrong saying we would find out 14 before departure.

I seriously would never have booked with them had I known this would not happen.

It's funny how they were very quick in taking my money but I have been told that my complaint will probably not be dealt with until I get back. As you can imagine I wasn't happy on hearing this and have asked what they can do now to help with the distress they have caused. I am not holding my breath!

I have also been on to Hotel Beds and they have said I should find out on Friday as their supplier is going to be considerate and let us know.

Edited at 11:13 AM.
Old 10 Oct 13, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread