Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Apr 15, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
#21
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer
 
berniegroves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 10

berniegroves's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great pre-trip so far. Your countdown is tiny now! You must be getting so excited :-)
I went to NYC eleven years ago now and loved it! I found the entire place fascinating. Do your girls like the theatre? We got really cheap tickets from the TKTS booth in time square.

I'm interested to read this section of your report as I really want to take my kids when they are a bit older and can appreciate it. It looks like you have great things planned.

Can't wait to hear about the Orlando part of your holiday.
I hope you manage to complete your trip report when you get back. I've started a pre-trip report this time and am determined to see it through. But who knows! Lol
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 15, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
#22
Lisa29
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 10

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Oh my, I didn't realise your countdown had gotten so small! Exciting!

Great price on the trains, hope the luggage will fit in the car!
__________________

In progress - Another Birthday Trip, October 2019
COMPLETE - The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015
Complete - Five Little Ones Take the Adults!
The link to the post with my Christmas reveal is HERE
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 15, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
redspottyowl
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 10

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Orlando part

Here goes with the Orlando part...

So, after 3 days in the Big Apple we will depart Newark Airport for Orlando international in one of these


We paid around 220 for 2 adults and 2 children, including luggage, we depart just after 5pm and expect to arrive in Orlando around 8pm, as we won't have to clear immigration it should be a quick trip to baggage claim then off we go...

I managed to do Alamo, skip the counter, despite having prepaid, thanks to Yorkshire Dan for all his help with this! We will collect our Premium car, which we will have for 12 days



We paid just over 300 through alamo brits, could have had a cheaper car but this is what DH wanted.

We will then drive towards our home for the next 12 days... Fantasy World Resort

[IMG]

This resort looks awesome, I am surprised I don't read more trip reports with people staying here, the watermark looks amazing, there is indoor surf, fab location and only 606 for 12 nights!

We then have the following plans
Tue 26th May
Food shopping, swimming and a little surprise

Wed 27th May
Seaworld

Thu 28th May
Early rise to check in to Hard Rock Hotel for a one night stay for those front of the line passes

then head off to the Islands of Adventure



for fun and games, after time in the park we will head back to the hotel for some pool time before grabbing dinner at Bubba Gumps. I have applied for the Landry's card, so hoping it comes in time, so will have $25 credit plus the $25 for my birthday month

Fri 29th May
More fun, this time at Universal Studios

Sat 30th and Sun 31st May
Chilled out days to include visits to my favourite stores at the Altamonte Mall


and also visits to other favourites...

and


Mon 1st June
This is our 13th Wedding Anniversary and we plan to spend the day at Discovery Cove


We have 4 Dolphin Swims booked and are very excited about this as the kids have never done this before.

Tue 2nd June

A trip to Legoland


We have never been to the lone in Orlando before, so it will be interesting. We got the tickets free from Attraction Tickets Direct when we booked our Universal tickets last year.

Wed 3rd June
A fun packed wet day at Aquatica..another first for us


Thu 4th June and Fri 5th June
No specific plans as yet but time if needed to revisit any of the Seaworld or Universal parks.

Sat 6th June
Fly home at 18:15pm with Virgin Atlantic, direct into Gatwick.

I will update later with food info etc...
__________________

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 15, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
redspottyowl
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 10

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Oh my, I didn't realise your countdown had gotten so small! Exciting!

Great price on the trains, hope the luggage will fit in the car!
I know! despite all the planning, am starting to panic now!
__________________

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 15, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
academy
slightly serious Dibber
 
academy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 14
Originally Posted by redspottyowl View Post
Here goes with the Orlando part...

So, after 3 days in the Big Apple we will depart Newark Airport for Orlando international in one of these


We paid around 220 for 2 adults and 2 children, including luggage, we depart just after 5pm and expect to arrive in Orlando around 8pm, as we won't have to clear immigration it should be a quick trip to baggage claim then off we go...

I managed to do Alamo, skip the counter, despite having prepaid, thanks to Yorkshire Dan for all his help with this! We will collect our Premium car, which we will have for 12 days



We paid just over 300 through alamo brits, could have had a cheaper car but this is what DH wanted.

We will then drive towards our home for the next 12 days... Fantasy World Resort

[IMG]

This resort looks awesome, I am surprised I don't read more trip reports with people staying here, the watermark looks amazing, there is indoor surf, fab location and only 606 for 12 nights!

We then have the following plans
Tue 26th May
Food shopping, swimming and a little surprise

Wed 27th May
Seaworld

Thu 28th May
Early rise to check in to Hard Rock Hotel for a one night stay for those front of the line passes

then head off to the Islands of Adventure



for fun and games, after time in the park we will head back to the hotel for some pool time before grabbing dinner at Bubba Gumps. I have applied for the Landry's card, so hoping it comes in time, so will have $25 credit plus the $25 for my birthday month

Fri 29th May
More fun, this time at Universal Studios

Sat 30th and Sun 31st May
Chilled out days to include visits to my favourite stores at the Altamonte Mall


and also visits to other favourites...

and


Mon 1st June
This is our 13th Wedding Anniversary and we plan to spend the day at Discovery Cove


We have 4 Dolphin Swims booked and are very excited about this as the kids have never done this before.

Tue 2nd June

A trip to Legoland


We have never been to the lone in Orlando before, so it will be interesting. We got the tickets free from Attraction Tickets Direct when we booked our Universal tickets last year.

Wed 3rd June
A fun packed wet day at Aquatica..another first for us


Thu 4th June and Fri 5th June
No specific plans as yet but time if needed to revisit any of the Seaworld or Universal parks.

Sat 6th June
Fly home at 18:15pm with Virgin Atlantic, direct into Gatwick.

I will update later with food info etc...
Looking good

Looking forward to nabbing some tips about New York
academy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 15, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
stupet11
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jul 10
Aha - I'm in! We are booked at Fantasy World in August...375 for 7 days, with the waterpark - seems too good to be true!

Next year, we are thinking of Canada (have family there), New York then Orlando for 7 nights... not sure whether to drive to NYC or fly...or skip it and have more time in Canada... maybe your NY trip will help me decide!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 15, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
#27
redspottyowl
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 10

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Aha - I'm in! We are booked at Fantasy World in August...375 for 7 days, with the waterpark - seems too good to be true!

Next year, we are thinking of Canada (have family there), New York then Orlando for 7 nights... not sure whether to drive to NYC or fly...or skip it and have more time in Canada... maybe your NY trip will help me decide!
Wohoo, good choice booking fantasy world!
__________________

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 15, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
#28
Mrs dee
Imagineer
 
Mrs dee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 14
Mobile

So exciting !
__________________
NYC 2013
NYC & POFQ/ RPR 2015
NYC & POFQ 2017 booked...
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 15, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#29
redspottyowl
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Jul 10

redspottyowl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
UPDATE

So my countdown is getting smaller, and my nerves are getting worse lol!
It was DH's birthday last week so revealed his birthday surprise...
A TOP GUN shooting experience with Topgun Orlando! Woohoo, he will get to shoot 10 different guns on our first full day in Orlando!

I have started to pack the cases, loving the packing cubes, I even managed to get a new swimming costume which isn't awful!
We changed a few more dollars in the local Thomsons travel agent at 1.47 (post Office offering 1.4?)
This week I want to sign up for all the restaurant offers, also getting a little worried as my Landry's card still hasn't arrived eek! I hope that money wasn't spent in vain!
__________________

These things are fun..and fun is good NYC/Orlando May/June 15 Pretrippy
Adults are only kids grown up pretrippy Oct/Nov 2013
A Bargain Hunters Pre-trip report Nov 2011
NOV 2011 - Villa offsite 'bargain hunters'
OCT/NOV 2013 - OLD KEY WEST Disney trip - DDP
OCT/NOV 2018 - Disney pixie dust Yacht Club stay
redspottyowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 15, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#30
Lisa29
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Mar 10

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Great sounding Orlando plans. Your hotel looks great, I would love that pool/water park area.

It's always exciting once you start packing. Hope the Landry card comes soon.
__________________

In progress - Another Birthday Trip, October 2019
COMPLETE - The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015
Complete - Five Little Ones Take the Adults!
The link to the post with my Christmas reveal is HERE
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 Lindfields Villa/01 Quality Inn Plaza/04 Hampton Lakes Villa/07 Honeymoon ASMo & RPR/Xmas 08 Highlands Reserve Villa/10 KV-VB-RPR&BLT/13 SSR/15 OKW, KV and Disney Dream/17 DLP/19 POR
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Islands of Adventure
On 29th September 8:44am
Universal Orlando has released some official details for their new rollercoaster currently under construction at... Read More »
Posted in Animal Kingdom
On 26th September 8:53am
In the early hours of Tuesday 22nd September a baby female Masai Giraffe was born... Read More »
Posted in Hong Kong Disneyland
On 22nd September 8:15am
After initially reopening on 18th June Hong Kong Disneyland had to close again a month... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2565
CaxtonFX  $1.2612
Covent Garden FX  $1.2802
FAIRFX  $1.2450
John Lewis  $1.2606
M&S  $1.2378
Post Office  $1.2361
Sainsburys  $1.2542
TESCO  $1.2565
Travelex  $1.2508
Updated: 03:00 01/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0712
CaxtonFX  €1.0747
Covent Garden FX  €1.0869
FAIRFX  €1.0660
John Lewis  €1.0799
M&S  €1.0555
Post Office  €1.0540
Sainsburys  €1.0699
TESCO  €1.0715
Travelex  €1.0663
Updated: 03:00 01/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now