Notices

Old 6 Jan 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I'm exhausted just reading this

You are doing things we have done and loved

Signature - loved it here - we found it quickest from our tower getting to the Strip by walking along East Harmon (and meant we avoided getting lost getting through and out of MGM and importantly avoided the part of the street full of skanky costumed characters).

Grand Luxe - we ate here twice - like the Cheesecake Factory (obvs) but menu even bigger! We were always too full for cheesecake

Mr Ds and SnoCap - SnoCap in particular is just the oddest retro place but not to be missed

Loved the Grand Canyon and the Bright Angel is in such a good spot. We found food in the area very average (quality and choice) especially after Vegas.

I love the reveal you did!

Mon Ami Gabi we love and we've always lucked out getting a good table (probably because we were happy to wait). It's my most "only in Vegas" meal. Paris buffet we found excellent food range and quality for the money (think we might have had a Groupon or similar?).

You're missing my favourite I think, Wicked Spoon in the Cosmo.

Denny's for breakfast?! Noooo

I'm going to be avidly following your trippie as Jon & I are off for our first adult trip in April - we've only been with the kids before so didn't get the chance to do many bars.

Will you have a chance to do a "bar with a view"? We LOVED the Mix (it's called something different now, at the Mandalay Bay, was called THEHotel when we stayed but it's under a different name now). There's an incredible elevator ride up (glass) and the views from the very south of the Strip looking northwards - are incredible. We saw a couple of sunsets and they were amazing - the transformation from Vegas concrete and oversized everything, to a twinkly night time light fantastic, are not to be missed! Or there's the bar at the Strat, I've not done it, but I guess the views are just as good.

I hope you LOVE it!

Starbucks mugs are available in fact my first came from Las Vegas
Thanks so much Karen!
That's a good tip, I don't fancy getting lost each time we want to get to the Strip. Oh the skanky costumed characters just like Times Square I bet!
I'm looking more forward to the Grand Lux Cafe the more I hear. If I'm ever too full I just get the cheesecake to go and have it for breakfast the next morning
I do hope we get a table overlooking the fountains it would make it even more special.
I've just looked on Groupon and they have one on the for Le Village buffet which is great thank you for the heads up!
Got the Wicked Spoon in there, I've seen the photos and it looks so good. It's a good excuse to explore the Cosmopolitan and have a cocktail in the Chandelier bar
Haha Denny's is a guilty pleasure, if we stumble upon anywhere else I promise
Ooh an adults only trip too! I hope you have a great time.
That bar at the Mandalay Bay sounds excellent, I love a sunset view! I will add it to the ever growing list

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I think the Mix is now called Skyfall and the hotel is the Delano. The patio views are incredible still by the looks of it.
Ooh fab I'll check that one out too!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Thanks so much Karen!
That's a good tip, I don't fancy getting lost each time we want to get to the Strip. Oh the skanky costumed characters just like Times Square I bet!
I'm looking more forward to the Grand Lux Cafe the more I hear. If I'm ever too full I just get the cheesecake to go and have it for breakfast the next morning
I do hope we get a table overlooking the fountains it would make it even more special.
I've just looked on Groupon and they have one on the for Le Village buffet which is great thank you for the heads up!
Got the Wicked Spoon in there, I've seen the photos and it looks so good. It's a good excuse to explore the Cosmopolitan and have a cocktail in the Chandelier bar
Haha Denny's is a guilty pleasure, if we stumble upon anywhere else I promise
Ooh an adults only trip too! I hope you have a great time.
That bar at the Mandalay Bay sounds excellent, I love a sunset view! I will add it to the ever growing list
Ah I missed the Wicked Spoon in your list! It's getting longer and longer

The characters are just like those in Times Sq